PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Alaska Hockey
03-02-2014, 01:37 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a goalie act quite like that. Playing like he wanted to be a Defenseman and then whining everytime someone touched him, when he was way out of the net. And that was before he attacked Jared Larson on the breakaway.
Did Jared Larson score ? no ....good play goalie.....

GoNanooks
03-02-2014, 01:48 AM
Did Jared Larson score ? no ....good play goalie.....

Actually the puck went in the net. They didnt count it because in the goalies diving act his helmet came off. Just before the puck rolled in. Yeah.... "Good play"

UAFIceAngel
03-02-2014, 01:48 AM
You got that right........graduate...............better than 10 years and still plugging away..........maybe a transfer to the UA_ Kuskokwim Campus in beutiful downtown Bethel would get you over the hump and rumor has it ...."Better Pickings".
Psh it'll only be 9 years technically :-p

I have a beautiful daughter and amazing husband as a result from my absence from school soooo, yeah, I don't take offense to your comment.

UAFIceAngel
03-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Actually the puck went in the net. They didnt count it because in the goalies diving act his helmet came off. Just before the puck rolled in. Yeah.... "Good play"

Just like how he went behind his own net when the players were going to play the puck and Motte got knocked over. He was doing anything and everything to draw a penalty for being touched in the slightest.

Alaska Hockey
03-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Just like how he went behind his own net when the players were going to play the puck and Motte got knocked over. He was doing anything and everything to draw a penalty for being touched in the slightest.
good play goalie.........

GoNanooks
03-02-2014, 02:03 AM
good play goalie.........

That's right! We shouldn't forget the good playing from the goalie last week against the sea puppies.

Methodical
03-02-2014, 03:15 AM
The best defense is a good forecheck. Control the puck, control the game.

And from what I saw, your offense was not explosive, the Ferris defense was terrible.

No, they weren't terrible. They made mistakes, certainly, but they are definitely a decent team. UAA only scored on them 5 times last weekend, which was enough for ferris to sweep.

I don't think the last two governor cup games will be easy for either team, and I'm not sure if a sweep is going to happen either way. I do believe the nooks have a solid edge here. They are riding so much momentum. This is not the nanook team you're used to seeing, top-heavy with talent. Every line is a threat. Any mistake UAA makes could be turned into a goal. A lot of the Nanook game has turned into wreaking havoc to generate those opportunities. UAA is more like us that ferris is, so it's a bit of a wildcard as far as knowing how the systems will go against each other.

I personally hope that it works out that nooks get home ice in the playoffs and anchorage has to come back up after losing the gov cup for a fifth year in a row. :D

Even if anchorage takes the cup, I don't think I'd be too sad. 4 out of 5 wouldn't be too bad. UAA would be like that fifth dentist that no one talks about.

That all said, I'm glad UAA is doing well this season. Two strong programs colliding is what makes the cup exciting. We'll see if I have to change my signature after next weekend. I'm not sure I remember how to do that... it's been so long...

stuckinwi
03-02-2014, 03:37 AM
UAFHockeyFan314 - couldn't you come up with a user name that had a few more characters in it? Or are you trying to say there are 314 UAF hockey fans? Come to think of it, looking at the Carlson last night, me thinks that might be the case. ;)

Hey, take a tip from UAA, close off the balcony ... it improves the atmosphere.

Don't close the balcony... That's where all the fun is! :D

UAA08
03-02-2014, 04:01 AM
Anybody know if Spirit is making the trip? With full security?

Squarebanks
03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
No, they weren't terrible. They made mistakes, certainly, but they are definitely a decent team. UAA only scored on them 5 times last weekend, which was enough for ferris to sweep.

I don't think the last two governor cup games will be easy for either team, and I'm not sure if a sweep is going to happen either way. I do believe the nooks have a solid edge here. They are riding so much momentum. This is not the nanook team you're used to seeing, top-heavy with talent. Every line is a threat. Any mistake UAA makes could be turned into a goal. A lot of the Nanook game has turned into wreaking havoc to generate those opportunities. UAA is more like us that ferris is, so it's a bit of a wildcard as far as knowing how the systems will go against each other.

I personally hope that it works out that nooks get home ice in the playoffs and anchorage has to come back up after losing the gov cup for a fifth year in a row. :D

Even if anchorage takes the cup, I don't think I'd be too sad. 4 out of 5 wouldn't be too bad. UAA would be like that fifth dentist that no one talks about.

That all said, I'm glad UAA is doing well this season. Two strong programs colliding is what makes the cup exciting. We'll see if I have to change my signature after next weekend. I'm not sure I remember how to do that... it's been so long...

UAA is statistically even across the board with us except in one glaring spot: goals for.

Suze
03-02-2014, 11:17 AM

He did that last weekend as well. Hard to believe the refs fall for it. But when he skated out to the blue line and attacked the Nanook player, well I have never seen anything like that. He certainly didn't live up to expectations. The Nanooks played well, but Motte looked absolutely off his game, so there's that. If he had been on one of his hot streaks it would have been a different outcome.

mmf
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Ferris had an off weekend. If I were you guys that's how I would spin it too.

Go Nooks!

Jimjamesak
03-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Ferris had an off weekend. If I were you guys that's how I would spin it too.

Go Nooks!
That's not spin. It's an honest assessment of their play. Maybe it's time for another lesson of "The Seawolves remind the Nanooks that the Nanooks are not as good as they think they are."

UAFIceAngel
03-02-2014, 02:48 PM
That's not spin. It's an honest assessment of their play. Maybe it's time for another lesson of "The Seawolves remind the Nanooks that the Nanooks are not as good as they think they are."

This coming from the fan of a team whose 3 out of their 11 conference wins were against Alabama. Let's not forget the tie with Alabama either.

Jimjamesak
03-02-2014, 03:00 PM
This coming from the fan of a team whose 3 out of their 11 conference wins were against Alabama. Let's not forget the tie with Alabama either.
Yes, but I'm not thinking my team is the greatest thing since sliced bread like you guys are.

UAFIceAngel
03-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Yes, but I'm not thinking my team is the greatest thing since sliced bread like you guys are.

I don't see anyone saying that. I see fans complimenting the style of play and performance of a great group of guys who have worked hard all season and are now finally seeing the results they want.

Jimjamesak
03-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I don't see anyone saying that. I see fans complimenting the style of play and performance of a great group of guys who have worked hard all season and are now finally seeing the results they want.
Well, you guys seem to be acting like you're gonna roll over UAA, that you're team is unstoppable, that you guys are playing so well. Well, it's time to come to Earth.

mmf
03-02-2014, 05:12 PM
We played well and were rewarded with points. Not always the case. But we needed to just to make the playoffs so we know we aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread. You’re just too used to projecting your teams own insecurities towards past arrogant conference foes long forgotten in the nWCHA. Anything can happen in the Governor's Cup series. It’s a new conference, a new day, a great day to be a Seawolf fan. Don’t worry, be happy…”

Are you guys bringing an Econo-van packed full of Seawolf fans north for our comeuppance?

Go Nooks!

Suze
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Congrats to the UAA hockey team ... who are at this very moment shaving their heads to raise money for childhood cancer research. According to their St. Baldricks web page, they have raised more than their goal, $35,137 so far. I'm sure it will be a lot more when the event is over! Well done guys, we are proud of you!! Now go get some hats!

mmf
03-02-2014, 05:21 PM
I'll tip my hat to the Seawolves. Good job guys.