PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

AKSWF
03-11-2014, 12:30 AM
It's called a throwback jersey. From the 80-81' season. I thought they looked better than the mercyhurst games. Brighter white, instead of that dirty white the seapups wear at home. And the anchorage fans don't even know what they are cheering for when they say let's go seawolves. What is that?

I personally don't like the creamish jerseys either, if you're gonna go white, go clean white. All that pearl and cream colored jerseys don't transfer well to hockey jerseys. Are you talking about our alternate jersey, that says Alaska Anchorage?:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/WCHA-Uniform-UAA.png

The educated fans does, much like your average UA_ fan knows about the nanook. Course it's easier since your polar bears plastered everywhere, and it actually resembles a real creature. I guess whoever decided about your logo thought they'd make it easy for ya'll square dancing folk.

Suze
03-11-2014, 12:31 AM
You should have kept those jerseys in the 80's. You are referred to Alaska for a reason, sports! Or is all that wood smoke not letting you see the actual picture. Here I will spell it out for you again. Your sports teams are called Alaska. Alaska. You know that state you live in. So why the eff chant UA_ if Alaska was specifically made for sports?

Because chanting UA doesn't have the same ring. ;)

Suze
03-11-2014, 12:33 AM
I personally don't like the creamish jerseys either, if you're gonna go white, go clean white. All that pearl and cream colored jerseys don't transfer well to hockey jerseys. Are you talking about our alternate jersey, that says Alaska Anchorage?:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/WCHA-Uniform-UAA.png

The educated fans does, much like your average UA_ fan knows about the nanook. Course it's easier since your polar bears plastered everywhere, and it actually resembles a real creature. I guess whoever decided about your logo thought they'd make it easy for ya'll square dancing folk.

I don't like UAA's creamish colors either. Actually they look pale yellow to me. But there are some people who really like them, so to each his own. Still way better than the camo crap that UA_ had when they played Ferris for military appreciation weekend.

AKSWF
03-11-2014, 12:40 AM
And believe it or not but people buy the jerseys because the funds support the program. Guess you just aren't used to that concept.

Leave it to UA_IceAngel to start personal attacks, it's okay though. Most folk here are used to you taking anything as a personal attack. I'm sure their is something in psychology that refers to leaving yourself out of an argument, and not attacking your opponent, but attacking your opponents thoughts/opinions. It makes you look like a 12 year old kid trying to look tough on the internet.

UAFIceAngel
03-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Leave it to UA_IceAngel to start personal attacks, it's okay though. Most folk here are used to you taking anything as a personal attack. I'm sure their is something in psychology that refers to leaving yourself out of an argument, and not attacking your opponent, but attacking your opponents thoughts/opinions. It makes you look like a 12 year old kid trying to look tough on the internet.
Ok guess I need to be more specific next time or just not reply with a quote. It was geared towards "you" in the sense of the entire UAA fan base.

UAFIceAngel
03-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Andddd you taking anything I say that serious makes you look just as silly. It's the internet, I don't see how you, wait I mean ANYONE, can take anything I say seriously.

GoNanooks
03-11-2014, 12:48 AM
I don't like UAA's creamish colors either. Actually they look pale yellow to me. But there are some people who really like them, so to each his own. Still way better than the camo crap that UA_ had when they played Ferris for military appreciation weekend.

The camo from 2 years ago I thought was much better. But this years were okay. It's all matter of opinion. Just like I think anything with a green and yellow (ugly color combination) seawolf is crap.

UAFIceAngel
03-11-2014, 12:55 AM
But to end my postings for tonight...I guess I will start using :p or ;) or 'jk' so you can all tell I'm kidding or being sarcastic. I don't have any personal hate or true disliking towards any UAA fan even though I despise your team and University.

Wolfman
03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
You should have kept those jerseys in the 80's. You are referred to Alaska for a reason, sports! Or is all that wood smoke not letting you see the actual picture. Here I will spell it out for you again. Your sports teams are called Alaska. Alaska. You know that state you live in. So why the eff chant UA_ if Alaska was specifically made for sports?

And she refers to the "lower 48" as the "states" lol. Gotta love UA_ !

Wolfman
03-11-2014, 01:40 AM
Because chanting UA doesn't have the same ring. ;)

Suze, they COULD chant " U-of-A" but they refuse lol

Squarebanks
03-11-2014, 02:26 AM
Sounds like Morley is day to day.

AKSWF
03-11-2014, 03:07 AM
Ok guess I need to be more specific next time or just not reply with a quote. It was geared towards "you" in the sense of the entire UAA fan base.

No matter how many times I run it through my head, I still don't get your logic. I mentioned your jerseys looked like crap, you say people actually buy them to support the program. Oh okay, that makes more sense I guess. I have to do this with nearly everything you say, I don't know why. UAA does auction some of there jerseys, the alternate ones, or the Kendall/Brice ones, sometime the UA_ ones...

Alaska Hockey
03-11-2014, 03:11 AM
Suze, they COULD chant " U-of-A" but they refuse lol
they are so befuddled, this is easy..which they need.......

Then the lady doing sign language Saturday after Cameron’s Goal pretty well summed up the new logo…
Easy for them to remember, ……..fit’s them to a “tee”, and most already scream or jester it. ........
Fairbanks University Better Known as F U as far as hand gestures most of _airbanks will need no training Tossing a ‘Texas Howdy” and
the double is allready known as the F U salutet.

AKSWF
03-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Andddd you taking anything I say that serious makes you look just as silly. It's the internet, I don't see how you, wait I mean ANYONE, can take anything I say seriously.

I guess you are my long lost sister, the one I would always bicker with. You know, good old sibling rivalry stuff.

But to end my postings for tonight...I guess I will start using :p or ;) or 'jk' so you can all tell I'm kidding or being sarcastic. I don't have any personal hate or true disliking towards any UAA fan even though I despise your team and University.

We'd all appreciate it. You might be a little snappy too if your team had lost the Cup for the past 5 years (again), and seeing how we keep losing the Cup makes us Seawolf faithful wonder just how much the coaches and players really care about it. Which should makes us fans wonder just how much we should really care about it. Isn't it like a full handful of Cup losses due to a shootout now. Sigh.

AKSWF
03-11-2014, 03:16 AM
they are so befuddled, this is easy..which they need.......

Then the lady doing sign language Saturday after Cameron’s Goal pretty well summed up the new logo…
Easy for them to remember, ……..fit’s them to a “tee”, and most already scream or jester it. ........
Fairbanks University Better Known as F U as far as hand gestures most of _airbanks will need no training Tossing a ‘Texas Howdy” and
the double is allready known as the F U salutet.

Perfect. But wait you're forgetting, another change to the name of their sports teams, they'll get even more confused!

Alaska Hockey
03-11-2014, 03:25 AM
Perfect. But wait you're forgetting, another change to the name of their sports teams, they'll get even more confused!
They will make money selling off all the crap jersey's and more on the new crap jerseys ......

Seawolf Fan
03-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Sounds like Morley is day to day.
It is the leg????????????
Saw where someone posted his leg was broke.
For his sake I hope not.
That would not be day to day.
High ankle sprains are not day to day either.
Every team has injuries.
I feel empathy for any player that gets hurt more than the every day black and blue hockey bruises.
Could care less about the Nooks but the individual is another story.

Squarebanks
03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
It is the leg????????????
Saw where someone posted his leg was broke.
For his sake I hope not.
That would not be day to day.
High ankle sprains are not day to day either.
Every team has injuries.
I feel empathy for any player that gets hurt more than the every day black and blue hockey bruises.
Could care less about the Nooks but the individual is another story.

They haven't publicly announced what is wrong. And don't lie, we all know you care about us. :)

Seawolf Fan
03-11-2014, 01:11 PM
They haven't publicly announced what is wrong. And don't lie, we all know you care about us. :)
Individually yes.
As the Nooks....they suck....always have always will
It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Seawolf Fan
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Individually yes.
As the Nooks....they suck....always have always will
It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

And individually I'm not so sure about that Kuynk kid or whatever that wrecking ball guys name is.