This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

It's an honest opinion when I say that UAA just laid down. They weren't going after loose pucks, they weren't playing physical, they weren't taking shots, they turned the puck over, they made it easy for UAF to score, just no pressure, and the two goals they did get were well into garbage time. It was easily the worst game they played all year, at the worst possible time.

People say lighten up and all that but I won't. This was a real opportunity for this program to show that it's changing and they *ed it away. If we want things to really change, then we should be upset and angry and embarrassed by games like this. Whether they like it or not, this result will never go away. This is a rivalry series, a point of pride not only for this team but the University as a whole, and games like that should never happen. I don't feel like I'm overreacting at all, if anything I feel I'm underreacting. Games like this are unacceptable, and anybody who cares about this program should be upset.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Fading fast...
      Clearly UAF is a faster and more talented team than UAA. Show up tomorrow play some D fellas. We're done if it goes into a shoot out. Neither of our keepers are good on breakaways.
      D up boys last game.
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

The quality of that feed (all 300 bits of it) gives it a retail market value of maybe $2.19 ...

also here's what I saw ... I saw a Seawolves team that pressed too much after getting down 2-0 and the more each individual player tightened up going for the puck the more pucks they lost. And the bonehead plays were a result of the same tightness/pressing/overthinking the game. Relax and give it everything boys but don't chase the game even if you're down a goal or two.

also ... Ben Matthews on the ice and Chris Williams not on the ice is a mistake.
        Last edited by uaafanblog; 03-08-2014, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          I guess you prefer sparkles?
          Sure if that works for you Internet tough guy.
          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

It's an honest opinion when I say that UAA just laid down. They weren't going after loose pucks, they weren't playing physical, they weren't taking shots, they turned the puck over, they made it easy for UAF to score, just no pressure, and the two goals they did get were well into garbage time. It was easily the worst game they played all year, at the worst possible time.

People say lighten up and all that but I won't. This was a real opportunity for this program to show that it's changing and they *ed it away. If we want things to really change, then we should be upset and angry and embarrassed by games like this. Whether they like it or not, this result will never go away. This is a rivalry series, a point of pride not only for this team but the University as a whole, and games like that should never happen. I don't feel like I'm overreacting at all, if anything I feel I'm underreacting. Games like this are unacceptable, and anybody who cares about this program should be upset.
            Sign of a problem=denial.
            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              The quality of that feed (all 300 bits of it) gives it a retail market value of maybe $2.19 ...

also here's what I saw ... I saw a Seawolves team that pressed too much after getting down 2-0 and the more each individual player tightened up going for the puck the more pucks they lost. And the bonehead plays were a result of the same tightness/pressing/overthinking the game. Relax and give it everything boys but don't chase the game even if you're down a goal or two.

also ... Ben Matthews on the ice and Chris Williams not on the ice is a mistake.
              Agreed that Willy should be playing. He's one of our toughest players /faster skaters. I don't know who passed it to Kunyk for their 4th goal - but he should be sitting out tonight. Kamal didn't play a good game, but the guys didn't give him much help either. Block some shots tonight Seawolves. Play like you did when you beat the Badgers and Mankato, and Denver, and Quinnipiac, etc. If THAT team shows up, they have a chance tonight.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                Sure if that works for you Internet tough guy.
                Sooooooo me calling you sparkles makes me an internet tough guy? Ok, Fairbanks logic I guess...
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The guys had a Sampson syndrome last night. Do you think one of the gals who helped shave their heads was named Delilah? Just trying to lighten things up a bit. Go Seawolves! Play with determination tonight and you'll be ok!
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    The guys had a Sampson syndrome last night. Do you think one of the gals who helped shave their heads was named Delilah? Just trying to lighten things up a bit. Go Seawolves! Play with determination tonight and you'll be ok!
                    Made me chuckle.
                    Good post!

Comment

Let's D up tonight boys. And Suze their camera work is better than ours.
                      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Trap game for the Nooks tonight. UAA has a lot more on the line than just the trophy. I think it will be a much closer game.

Go Nooks!
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Sooooooo me calling you sparkles makes me an internet tough guy? Ok, Fairbanks logic I guess...
                          Hahaha you're entertaining!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Trap game for the Nooks tonight. UAA has a lot more on the line than just the trophy. I think it will be a much closer game.

Go Nooks!
                            Well it better be a much closer game tonight!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post

Go Nooks!
                              I agree. I fully expect UAA to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the nooks tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                                Hahaha you're entertaining!

No, that's entertaining!
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X