X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Dear UAA Hockey Team,

That was a pathetic, gutless, embarrassing effort. This isn't some run of the mill, everyday game. IT'S THE *ING GOVERNOR'S CUP!!! Wake the * up! Games like that are an embarrassment to the University, this city, and every fan, employee, and alumni of this program. You've made tremendous strides this season, but you've just *ed all away with that effort, because you reverted back to the pathetic bunch we thought you weren't. I hope this PO's you, because hopefully that will give reason to give a better effort tomorrow. I hope that, because I am ashamed to be a UAA fan right. Ashamed.

Signed
    Jimjamesak
    Wow, you have some mental problems. You should seek help.
    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Loving the passion in this thread.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
        Wow, you have some mental problems. You should seek help.
        It's called passion.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It's called passion.
          Have another one, and keep telling yourself that.
          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

Have another one, and keep telling yourself that.
            I'm sober sunshine. And very PO'd.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Great game nanooks. I'll let the seawolf fans argue with each other and not bash them. But there is still another game tomorrow. Let's keep it rolling boys. Tonight doesn't mean much if we lose tomorrow. Fill up the Carlson center tomorrow and raise the cup again!

Comment

I'm sober sunshine. And very PO'd.
                Sunshine haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                  Great game nanooks. I'll let the seawolf fans argue with each other and not bash them. But there is still another game tomorrow. Let's keep it rolling boys. Tonight doesn't mean much if we lose tomorrow. Fill up the Carlson center tomorrow and raise the cup again!
                  I agree, however tonight meant a lot. Home ice in the playoffs.

Comment

Sunshine haha.
                    I guess you prefer sparkles?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I agree, however tonight meant a lot. Home ice in the playoffs.
                      Was the Carlson an official sell out?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        Was the Carlson an official sell out?
                        I don't think it was because I did see empty seats ... but it was close. Had to be their biggest crowd of the season. How many UAA fans were there?
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                          I think at this point, a little bashing would be better. Pity is just worse.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            How many UAA fans were there?
                            I hope they get a refund on their travel.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Jesus guys. I came in here to talk some **** but you pre-empted me... ****. Now I can't do it. You took it away from me.

My thoughts:

I can see how UAA has improved. I don't think UAA is bad. The nooks are really on fire. All their "systems" are working and the coaches have changed the team over the last year. When he formed up the transition offense it was kind of shaky, but **** has it clicked. Notably, it allows individual talent to shine through. I've never seen such consistently awesome passing in the offensive zone. Tape to tape is one thing. Behind the back and blind passes in the slot are quite another. The puck support is DEEP, but other than that, it's standard fare. Apparently, Dallas got tired of being vulnerable to defenders pressuring the blue line. It reminds me a lot of Gadowski hockey, but better, smarter.

I think in transition vs transition games, the slightly better team gets an amplified number of goals, so there's that. Tavis's defense was designed to stop the transition game, and it worked, but it also worked against them in the same way, since the defenders were all deep in their own zone. Thats honestly what I think UAA would have to do. Go almost man-on-man, with deeply defined positioning to close the potential passing lanes, and keep passes from crossing the slot.

Kunyk getting a four goal game was just luck on his part. Right place, right time. Naturally, he's extremely talented, but four goals is always a lucky thing. I saw his face for the last two goals, and he looked incredulous that it came together like that. UAA left him alone way too much. He got two of his goals from the same basic spot. He was left alone too much.

Tomorrow is a different game because of the probable loss of Morley. He's an essential part of the team, all around. I hope he's okay, but a knee injury is a scary thing and I'm sure if there is any chance it could be exacerbated, he won't play.

Maybe sweeping Ferris wasn't such a fluke.

Kamal had a bad game. I would definitely expect to see Gunderson tomorrow. Commentary: Kamal has some strange idiosyncrasies as far as psyching himself up. Reminds me of a pro wrestler trying to intimidate. The UAA defense MUST block the passes in front of the crease so that the goaltender can come out and cut down the angle. The nooks didn't connect any of them, I think, but there were a lot of attempts, and few of them were very close to backdoor goals. It's a big "if" seeing as how the nook offense seems really good at forcing the goalie deep into his net. Thats another reason its so crucial to stop the cross slot passing.

JJ, honestly, you shouldn't get so down about it. I'd be unhappy too, but **** dude.
                              The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                I don't think it was because I did see empty seats ... but it was close. Had to be their biggest crowd of the season. How many UAA fans were there?
                                3900 something. I think it was the biggest crowd of the year. They had 900 tickets left at the start of the game. Saturdays game had like 600... saturday is a good candidate for a sellout crowd, but it's no sure thing.

There was a UAA presence but I can't say it was significant at all.
                                The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Working...
                                X