PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

AKSWF
03-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Also I've been at Alaskana's chat for 15 minutes now, nobody is there except me.

AKSWF
03-09-2014, 12:41 AM
****, good job winning the skills competition. See you guys next week. It was a good weekend of hockey.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Shootouts suck. No Pinkie. See you next weekend.

Squarebanks
03-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Tip of the hat to UAA on a heck of a rebound game.

Shoot out or not, half a decade feels good.

I have a feeling we will see three games next week.

uaafanblog
03-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Tip of the hat to UAA on a heck of a rebound game.

Shoot out or not, half a decade feels good.

I'm must take a polite exception here. Over the course of the much heralded Governor's Cup "series", I believe you'll find the record to distinctly not accurately reflect what one might think 13-8 means. How many of these things have been won by shootouts? 6 now? 5 to UA_ and 1 for UAA? It's just not a rational way to look at it. What's the records over the last 21 years (since we already know the all-time record is in UAA's favor by a substantial margin)????

Wolfman
03-09-2014, 01:06 AM
I am very happy for the win! Lets take care of business next weekend!!!!

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm must take a polite exception here. Over the course of the much heralded Governor's Cup "series", I believe you'll find the record to distinctly not accurately reflect what one might think 13-8 means. How many of these things have been won by shootouts? 6 now? 5 to UA_ and 1 for UAA? It's just not a rational way to look at it. What's the records over the last 21 years (since we already know the all-time record is in UAA's favor by a substantial margin)????
The last 10 years the W-L record is well into UAA's favor as UAF went 3 seasons without even winning a game and there's been what? 4 shootouts? 3 in the last 4 four for sure.

Squarebanks
03-09-2014, 01:32 AM
The last 10 years the W-L record is well into UAA's favor as UAF went 3 seasons without even winning a game and there's been what? 4 shootouts? 3 in the last 4 four for sure.

And in the last five seasons it's 10-6 UAF. As for the shootouts, they are what they are. UAA agreed to it.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 01:39 AM
You know, I will say this: We complain about the shootouts, mostly because we never win them, but those are the rules. Fact of the matter is, we've lost 5 years in a row again. Shootouts, whatever, we've lost. Something has to change at UAA. And I know we're in a transition with the program but this is the one thing that has to change immediately. There's no patience on this one, it has to stop. So no complaining about the shootouts. Instead, what do we do so this never *ing happens again?

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 01:42 AM
And in the last five seasons it's 10-6 UAF. As for the shootouts, they are what they are. UAA agreed to it.
No argument there. We agreed to it. We can't change it. We lost.

edit: The numbers in the last 5 does not shock me. Flat out we haven't been good enough in this series the last 5 years. I mean we've lost 3 shootouts but there's been a handful of games that UAA has gotten blown away and not been good enough.

UAFIceAngel
03-09-2014, 03:07 AM
You know, I will say this: We complain about the shootouts, mostly because we never win them, but those are the rules. Fact of the matter is, we've lost 5 years in a row again. Shootouts, whatever, we've lost. Something has to change at UAA. And I know we're in a transition with the program but this is the one thing that has to change immediately. There's no patience on this one, it has to stop. So no complaining about the shootouts. Instead, what do we do so this never *ing happens again?

Stop making sense, you're scaring me JimmyJam!!

UAA played much better tonight than last night. Gave the Nanooks little to no chances offensively and were able to beat the Nanooks defense a lot better than last night. Gunderson was also a lot more solid than Kamal. Would have liked to see our seniors get a few points on the night but I guess Kunyk took care of his last night. Beck and Quinn just must be waiting until next weekend.

I find it funny when UAA fans say we won the skill competition but going in to tonight's game they all knew UAA would have to win the game AND the shootout so if UAA would have won the "skills competition", I'm sure many of you would be saying how fantastically wonderful the seawolves are and how awful the Nanooks are.

Can't help but feel the win was a ploy by the WCHA to save money to avoid sending UAA out of state and avoid bringing up someone from the states to Fairbanks. I mean everyone else yesterday made excuses as to why their team lost so I figured I'd throw that out there ;).

WHO GOT THE CUP? WE GOT THE CUP!
GO NOOKS.

Squarebanks
03-09-2014, 03:12 AM

Honestly, if you want to win a shootout you need better skill players.

Other than the goals for difference in favor of UAF, these two teams are statistically very evenly matched. As long as that continues we are going to see a lot of 2-2 season series.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 03:15 AM
I find it funny when UAA fans say we won the skill competition but going in to tonight's game they all knew UAA would have to win the game AND the shootout so if UAA would have won the "skills competition", I'm sure many of you would be saying how fantastically wonderful the seawolves are and how awful the Nanooks are.
Actually I think most of us thought we had already lost the Cup last night. We knew we weren't gonna win the shootout even if we won the game.

If we had won we would've been shocked.

Methodical
03-09-2014, 03:15 AM
Well JJ, the seawolves represented themselves VERY well today. I know you've got to be happy with that. Defensively, a whole different team. Gunderson did well. Comparatively, Kamal was hung out to dry by the defense, so I feel like he could do just as well.

The UAA fans represented well today, I think. They must have been so quiet yesterday due to the early goal, and by the time they scored there wasn't much to celebrate. Today they made their presence known through the whole game. I honestly didn't see them until that first goal and they came to life, and realized that the UAA contingent was well represented.

I cracked up on the first penalty against the nooks... I think it was Kunyk, called for charging. He got so much air that a figure skater would have been jealous. Not sure what happened there.

I'm with everyone on the shootouts, but in a tourney like ours its a necessary evil. I definitely think it's better than a goals-for tiebreaker. It would have been nice to be able to put the teams staffs together and say "If by the end of the game we KNOW that we'll meet again, no shootout". That would have required a fortune teller because the odds of this happening were pretty low until this weekend. Maybe in later years we'll see an option to do that, since we're almost always going to be the last game of the regular season due to our timezone.

Anyway, my signature stays another year. It's really weird to say that and know we're going to play again. I bet the rest of the WCHA is thrilled, especially NMU.

Squarebanks
03-09-2014, 03:17 AM
No argument there. We agreed to it. We can't change it. We lost.

edit: The numbers in the last 5 does not shock me. Flat out we haven't been good enough in this series the last 5 years. I mean we've lost 3 shootouts but there's been a handful of games that UAA has gotten blown away and not been good enough.

Other than 7-2, 7-4, and 5-1, these games have been pretty tight since the 08-09 season.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Honestly, if you want to win a shootout you need better skill players.

Other than the goals for difference in favor of UAF, these two teams are statistically very evenly matched. As long as that continues we are going to see a lot of 2-2 season series.
I think we have enough skilled players for a shootout, I just don't think they're very sharp at it. I'm willing to bet it's not seriously practiced at UAA. Goaltending is our big problem actually, Kamal and Gundy are both pretty bad at breakaways and shootouts.

Like you said, with the way this series is going, we've got to start taking these shootouts seriously. I honestly don't think we have and that's a big reason we've lost.

AKSWF
03-09-2014, 03:25 AM
Well JJ, the seawolves represented themselves VERY well today. I know you've got to be happy with that. Defensively, a whole different team. Gunderson did well. Comparatively, Kamal was hung out to dry by the defense, so I feel like he could do just as well.

The UAA fans represented well today, I think. They must have been so quiet yesterday due to the early goal, and by the time they scored there wasn't much to celebrate. Today they made their presence known through the whole game. I honestly didn't see them until that first goal and they came to life, and realized that the UAA contingent was well represented.

I cracked up on the first penalty against the nooks... I think it was Kunyk, called for charging. He got so much air that a figure skater would have been jealous. Not sure what happened there.

I'm with everyone on the shootouts, but in a tourney like ours its a necessary evil. I definitely think it's better than a goals-for tiebreaker. It would have been nice to be able to put the teams staffs together and say "If by the end of the game we KNOW that we'll meet again, no shootout". That would have required a fortune teller because the odds of this happening were pretty low until this weekend. Maybe in later years we'll see an option to do that, since we're almost always going to be the last game of the regular season due to our timezone.

Anyway, my signature stays another year. It's really weird to say that and know we're going to play again. I bet the rest of the WCHA is thrilled, especially NMU.

Would it even bee possible to have a 20 minute OT if the series tied at 2-2? I'd vote for at least a 5 minute OT and then a shootout, like the current ties are dealed with during the regular nWCHA season.

AKSWF
03-09-2014, 03:27 AM
I think we have enough skilled players for a shootout, I just don't think they're very sharp at it. I'm willing to bet it's not seriously practiced at UAA. Goaltending is our big problem actually, Kamal and Gundy are both pretty bad at breakaways and shootouts.

Like you said, with the way this series is going, we've got to start taking these shootouts seriously. I honestly don't think we have and that's a big reason we've lost.

Yeah you'd think the previous and current coaching staff would make it more of an emphasis given the recent history of the Governor's Cup.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2014, 03:28 AM
Other than 7-2, 7-4, and 5-1, these games have been pretty tight since the 08-09 season.
3-1 in 2012 wasn't very close in reality, we scored first but after that we got blown away. Last season at the Sully was 3-1 but it wasn't close either (that was the game in our minds that got Shyiak fired), the first goal was less then a minute in and it was over after that.

UAFIceAngel
03-09-2014, 03:30 AM
MMF - Hurry up and post the new signature line!:)