• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

[QUOTE=Seawolf Fan;5908604]
    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Soooo let me understand your logic...

Nanooks lead the Seawolves...Seawolves are terrible and gutless?

Seawolves lead the Nanooks...Nanooks are terrible?[/QUOTE
    UA_Iceangel are you doing this from the game?
    And if not .....why aren't you at the game?
    Where are you ?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Seawolf Fan;5908607]
      Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Where are you ?
      Of course I'm at the game. I just wanted to check in to make sure all the UAA fans were doing ok.

Comment

[QUOTE=UAFIceAngel;5908624]

Of course I'm at the game. I just wanted to check in to make sure all the UAA fans were doing ok.
        Licking our wounds.

Comment

I am just so down that we didnt show up when we needed to. I feel like we should have done more to make the game at least close. Just really disappointed right now.

Comment

I'm angry and ready to break out the pitchforks. Gutless and pathetic.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Haider said that as well, but I don't see how they came up with that scenario. Bemidji and Lake Superior have 2 points less than UAA. If we don't get any points against UA_ and one of those teams wins, they tie us. Bemidji owns the tie breaker with a win and a tie down there, and we split with Lake Superior there and here. ???
              Head to head only counts if ALL of the tied teams played each other four times. BSU and UAA didn't play four times...so that tiebreaker is thrown out for ALL tied teams. If BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points (BSU win, UAA loss, LSSU win)...and Mankato wins the #1 seed...LSSU is 7th...with 12 league wins they win tiebreaker #2. UAA is 8th via a 2-2 record with MSU while BSU was 1-3.

If, though Ferris wins the #1 seed...and BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points, LSSU is 7th and BSU is 8th (via tiebreaker #3...which is best record against the top team) BSU was 1-3 vs Ferris, UAA was 0-2.

So, you're in, no matter what, if Mankato wins the #1 seed.

This all is according to my math...and it's 1:30am here in Bowling Green...but I think that's what would happen.

Now, IF LSSU, BSU and UAA all LOST on Saturday, UAA is 7th...BSU is 8th. Only BSU and LSSU are tied...they played four times...BSU was 3-1 agaisnt them. Once again, UAA is in.
              Last edited by beaverhockey; 03-08-2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                Head to head only counts if ALL of the tied teams played each other four times. BSU and UAA didn't play four times...so that tiebreaker is thrown out for ALL tied teams. If BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points (BSU win, UAA loss, LSSU win)...and Mankato wins the #1 seed...LSSU is 7th...with 12 league wins they win tiebreaker #2. UAA is 8th via a 2-2 record with MSU while BSU was 1-3.

If, though Ferris wins the #1 seed...and BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points, LSSU is 7th and BSU is 8th (via tiebreaker #3...which is best record against the top team) BSU was 1-3 vs Ferris, UAA was 0-2.

So, you're in, no matter what, if Mankato wins the #1 seed.

This all is according to my math...and it's 1:30am here in Bowling Green...but I think that's what would happen.

Now, IF LSSU, BSU and UAA all LOST on Saturday, UAA is 7th...BSU is 8th. Only BSU and LSSU are tied...they played four times...BSU was 3-1 agaisnt them. Once again, UAA is in.
                Okay, thanks. I don't understand how it all works and it's very confusing.

Congrats to UA_, they are on a roll and are looking very impressive. Tough to watch the Seawolves fall apart like they did and Kamal certainly was not sharp. Would not be surprised to see Gundy in net tomorrow.

I was putting my granddaughter to bed when Morley as injured. What happened to him?
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Has anyone heard from Alaskana on the chat?
                  Did I miss it?
                  The url is always the same, it is always up, people just need to "show" up there. I was unable to attend until now due to school, I'm kinda glad I missed it.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Okay, thanks. I don't understand how it all works and it's very confusing.

Congrats to UA_, they are on a roll and are looking very impressive. Tough to watch the Seawolves fall apart like they did and Kamal certainly was not sharp. Would not be surprised to see Gundy in net tomorrow.

I was putting my granddaughter to bed when Morley as injured. What happened to him?
                    He wasn't putting weight on his left leg. He took the bad side of a collision.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Absolutely I will say that right now. Because, more often than not, when the chips are down, they fail. They give gutless efforts like tonight. Only Kamal ever really had any effort in do or die situations.

Gutless, terrible effort tonight.
                      You do have a point, the senior group needs to lead, help give results when we need them (i.e. not some wins over slack teams). Their glory if not winning the Governor's Cup or going to the nWCHA Final Five will be dependent if they make it to the NHL. Bailey seems the most likely to make the "show". UA_ has clinched home ice if I believe, and barring a UAA win and a ?shootout win?, winning the Governor's Cup. Their senior group has a legacy so far; never lost a Governor's Cup, ?multiple home ice for playoffs?, ?NCAA tournament? That is legacy. Our senior group so far: maybe have one winning season, one WCHA Final Five appearance.
                      Last edited by AKSWF; 03-08-2014, 12:48 AM. Reason: clarity?
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        I am just so down that we didn't show up when we needed to. I feel like we should have done more to make the game at least close. Just really disappointed right now.
                        I feel the same, it's not over, but it is very depressing losing to our rivals 7-2. Home ice is also very unlikely now. We Seawolf fans have got to keep faith, this isn't the playoffs yet. Even though it feels like it.

Comment

Dear UAA Hockey Team,

That was a pathetic, gutless, embarrassing effort. This isn't some run of the mill, everyday game. IT'S THE *ING GOVERNOR'S CUP!!! Wake the * up! Games like that are an embarrassment to the University, this city, and every fan, employee, and alumni of this program. You've made tremendous strides this season, but you've just *ed all away with that effort, because you reverted back to the pathetic bunch we thought you weren't. I hope this PO's you, because hopefully that will give reason to give a better effort tomorrow. I hope that, because I am ashamed to be a UAA fan right. Ashamed.

Signed
                          Jimjamesak
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Dear UAA Hockey Team,

That was a pathetic, gutless, embarrassing effort. This isn't some run of the mill, everyday game. IT'S THE *ING GOVERNOR'S CUP!!! Wake the * up! Games like that are an embarrassment to the University, this city, and every fan, employee, and alumni of this program. You've made tremendous strides this season, but you've just *ed all away with that effort, because you reverted back to the pathetic bunch we thought you weren't. I hope this PO's you, because hopefully that will give reason to give a better effort tomorrow. I hope that, because I am ashamed to be a UAA fan right. Ashamed.

Signed
                            Jimjamesak
                            Oh my gosh, over the top JJ. The players already feel bad enough - you don't need to rub salt in their wounds.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Oh my gosh, over the top JJ. The players already feel bad enough - you don't need to rub salt in their wounds.
                              7 to 2 to *ing UAF! Not only should we be rubbing salt in the wounds, there should be new ones! It's a *ing rivalry game and they laid down! That's pathetic! They should be ashamed!
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jimjamesak;5908677]7 to 2 to *ing UAF! Not only should we be rubbing salt in the wounds, there should be new ones! It's a *ing rivalry game and they laid down! That's pathetic! They should

This was a hard loss to swallow for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X