PDA

View Full Version : UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

beaverhockey
03-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Haider said that as well, but I don't see how they came up with that scenario. Bemidji and Lake Superior have 2 points less than UAA. If we don't get any points against UA_ and one of those teams wins, they tie us. Bemidji owns the tie breaker with a win and a tie down there, and we split with Lake Superior there and here. ???

Head to head only counts if ALL of the tied teams played each other four times. BSU and UAA didn't play four times...so that tiebreaker is thrown out for ALL tied teams. If BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points (BSU win, UAA loss, LSSU win)...and Mankato wins the #1 seed...LSSU is 7th...with 12 league wins they win tiebreaker #2. UAA is 8th via a 2-2 record with MSU while BSU was 1-3.

If, though Ferris wins the #1 seed...and BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points, LSSU is 7th and BSU is 8th (via tiebreaker #3...which is best record against the top team) BSU was 1-3 vs Ferris, UAA was 0-2.

So, you're in, no matter what, if Mankato wins the #1 seed.

This all is according to my math...and it's 1:30am here in Bowling Green...but I think that's what would happen.

Now, IF LSSU, BSU and UAA all LOST on Saturday, UAA is 7th...BSU is 8th. Only BSU and LSSU are tied...they played four times...BSU was 3-1 agaisnt them. Once again, UAA is in.

Suze
03-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Head to head only counts if ALL of the tied teams played each other four times. BSU and UAA didn't play four times...so that tiebreaker is thrown out for ALL tied teams. If BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points (BSU win, UAA loss, LSSU win)...and Mankato wins the #1 seed...LSSU is 7th...with 12 league wins they win tiebreaker #2. UAA is 8th via a 2-2 record with MSU while BSU was 1-3.

If, though Ferris wins the #1 seed...and BSU, LSSU and UAA all finish with 26 points, LSSU is 7th and BSU is 8th (via tiebreaker #3...which is best record against the top team) BSU was 1-3 vs Ferris, UAA was 0-2.

So, you're in, no matter what, if Mankato wins the #1 seed.

This all is according to my math...and it's 1:30am here in Bowling Green...but I think that's what would happen.

Now, IF LSSU, BSU and UAA all LOST on Saturday, UAA is 7th...BSU is 8th. Only BSU and LSSU are tied...they played four times...BSU was 3-1 agaisnt them. Once again, UAA is in.

Okay, thanks. I don't understand how it all works and it's very confusing.

Congrats to UA_, they are on a roll and are looking very impressive. Tough to watch the Seawolves fall apart like they did and Kamal certainly was not sharp. Would not be surprised to see Gundy in net tomorrow.

I was putting my granddaughter to bed when Morley as injured. What happened to him?

AKSWF
03-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Has anyone heard from Alaskana on the chat?
Did I miss it?

The url is always the same, it is always up, people just need to "show" up there. I was unable to attend until now due to school, I'm kinda glad I missed it.

Squarebanks
03-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Okay, thanks. I don't understand how it all works and it's very confusing.

Congrats to UA_, they are on a roll and are looking very impressive. Tough to watch the Seawolves fall apart like they did and Kamal certainly was not sharp. Would not be surprised to see Gundy in net tomorrow.

I was putting my granddaughter to bed when Morley as injured. What happened to him?

He wasn't putting weight on his left leg. He took the bad side of a collision.

AKSWF
03-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Absolutely I will say that right now. Because, more often than not, when the chips are down, they fail. They give gutless efforts like tonight. Only Kamal ever really had any effort in do or die situations.

Gutless, terrible effort tonight.

You do have a point, the senior group needs to lead, help give results when we need them (i.e. not some wins over slack teams). Their glory if not winning the Governor's Cup or going to the nWCHA Final Five will be dependent if they make it to the NHL. Bailey seems the most likely to make the "show". UA_ has clinched home ice if I believe, and barring a UAA win and a ?shootout win?, winning the Governor's Cup. Their senior group has a legacy so far; never lost a Governor's Cup, ?multiple home ice for playoffs?, ?NCAA tournament? That is legacy. Our senior group so far: maybe have one winning season, one WCHA Final Five appearance.

AKSWF
03-08-2014, 01:45 AM
I am just so down that we didn't show up when we needed to. I feel like we should have done more to make the game at least close. Just really disappointed right now.

I feel the same, it's not over, but it is very depressing losing to our rivals 7-2. Home ice is also very unlikely now. We Seawolf fans have got to keep faith, this isn't the playoffs yet. Even though it feels like it.

Jimjamesak
03-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Dear UAA Hockey Team,

That was a pathetic, gutless, embarrassing effort. This isn't some run of the mill, everyday game. IT'S THE *ING GOVERNOR'S CUP!!! Wake the * up! Games like that are an embarrassment to the University, this city, and every fan, employee, and alumni of this program. You've made tremendous strides this season, but you've just *ed all away with that effort, because you reverted back to the pathetic bunch we thought you weren't. I hope this PO's you, because hopefully that will give reason to give a better effort tomorrow. I hope that, because I am ashamed to be a UAA fan right. Ashamed.

Signed
Jimjamesak

Suze
03-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Dear UAA Hockey Team,

That was a pathetic, gutless, embarrassing effort. This isn't some run of the mill, everyday game. IT'S THE *ING GOVERNOR'S CUP!!! Wake the * up! Games like that are an embarrassment to the University, this city, and every fan, employee, and alumni of this program. You've made tremendous strides this season, but you've just *ed all away with that effort, because you reverted back to the pathetic bunch we thought you weren't. I hope this PO's you, because hopefully that will give reason to give a better effort tomorrow. I hope that, because I am ashamed to be a UAA fan right. Ashamed.

Signed
Jimjamesak

Oh my gosh, over the top JJ. The players already feel bad enough - you don't need to rub salt in their wounds.

Jimjamesak
03-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Oh my gosh, over the top JJ. The players already feel bad enough - you don't need to rub salt in their wounds.
7 to 2 to *ing UAF! Not only should we be rubbing salt in the wounds, there should be new ones! It's a *ing rivalry game and they laid down! That's pathetic! They should be ashamed!

Wolfman
03-08-2014, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=Jimjamesak;5908677]7 to 2 to *ing UAF! Not only should we be rubbing salt in the wounds, there should be new ones! It's a *ing rivalry game and they laid down! That's pathetic! They should

This was a hard loss to swallow for sure

Rms123
03-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Dear UAA Hockey Team,

Signed
Jimjamesak

Wow, you have some mental problems. You should seek help.

Tipsy McStagger
03-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Loving the passion in this thread.

Jimjamesak
03-08-2014, 02:16 AM
Wow, you have some mental problems. You should seek help.
It's called passion.

Rms123
03-08-2014, 02:19 AM
It's called passion.

Have another one, and keep telling yourself that.

Jimjamesak
03-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Have another one, and keep telling yourself that.
I'm sober sunshine. And very PO'd.

GoNanooks
03-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Great game nanooks. I'll let the seawolf fans argue with each other and not bash them. But there is still another game tomorrow. Let's keep it rolling boys. Tonight doesn't mean much if we lose tomorrow. Fill up the Carlson center tomorrow and raise the cup again!

Rms123
03-08-2014, 02:29 AM
I'm sober sunshine. And very PO'd.

Sunshine haha.

Rms123
03-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Great game nanooks. I'll let the seawolf fans argue with each other and not bash them. But there is still another game tomorrow. Let's keep it rolling boys. Tonight doesn't mean much if we lose tomorrow. Fill up the Carlson center tomorrow and raise the cup again!

I agree, however tonight meant a lot. Home ice in the playoffs.

Jimjamesak
03-08-2014, 02:33 AM
Sunshine haha.
I guess you prefer sparkles?

Wolfman
03-08-2014, 02:34 AM
I agree, however tonight meant a lot. Home ice in the playoffs.

Was the Carlson an official sell out?