This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Anchorage...possibly the only city in the world to have a landfill, campground, and prison accessible from the same freeway exit.
    At least our Women's Prison isn't three blocks down from our arena. Or right next to the soccer fields.

And technically that's Eagle River, which is seperate, unless we get to lump in North Pole with you guys.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

And technically that's Eagle River, which is seperate, unless we get to lump in North Pole with you guys.
      North Pole is the “affluent part” of _airbanks.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
        Let me break this down, 'Fairbanks'

and

"richer" side of town? I almost fell off my chair...

I let this go on without me for a while, but I couldn't stop myself... When I was a student at UAA, a couple of my high school buddies went to UAF for the 'college' experience, so we traveled a couple times to watch the games, and drank a bit... 1 thing I remember clearly was the lady at the 'cheap' bar in town, who traded me an earing for one of my Seawolf earing's...(trend setter that I was.)

Hate to say it, but good times, good times... although we missed out on the dump...
        Yes the "richer" side of town...there are parts of town in every city that are more wealthy than other parts...or I don't know, maybe anchorage doesn't have that. But there is a transfer site at an area of town where houses are $350,000+ so leftovers there are probably gonna be better quality of the the things found at transfer sites out by gold stream or farmers loop.

Thanks for sharing your experience from before Alaska was a state, good to know a creepy bar lady likes the color green.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          "But there is a "transfer site" at an area of town where houses are $350,000+ so leftovers there are probably gonna be better quality of the the things found at "transfer sites" out by gold stream or farmers loop.

Thanks for sharing your experience from before Alaska was a state("the State of Alaska has a good 20+ years on myself"), good to know a creepy bar lady likes the color green.
          And a 'transfer site' by any other name, is just a dump....
          Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
            And a 'transfer site' by any other name, is just a dump....
            Wow! Good job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              At least our Women's Prison isn't three blocks down from our arena. Or right next to the soccer fields.

Technically, Eagle River is part of Anchorage.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Darn straight it is ...

Comment

Technically it is, but there it is a bit of separation.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Technically it is, but there it is a bit of separation.
                    Also that stupid hill that backs up traffic every day.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Cos Airpot Ways two frontage roads and fencing isn't the absolutely most absurd bit of road engineering for all of human history?

Comment

Hey there is a hockey game tomorrow. In case you all forgot and need to be reminded. Lets go nanooks! Kick the seawolves butts, or ummm fins, tails? Well whatever those creatures have. Looking forward to a full house tomorrow night. And for those of you who wouldn't wanna see the horribly engineered airport way you can always drive down first avenue and miss that sight. Go Nanooks.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Cos Airpot Ways two frontage roads and fencing isn't the absolutely most absurd bit of road engineering for all of human history?
                          Not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                            Hey there is a hockey game tomorrow. In case you all forgot and need to be reminded. Lets go nanooks! Kick the seawolves butts, or ummm fins, tails? Well whatever those creatures have. Looking forward to a full house tomorrow night. And for those of you who wouldn't wanna see the horribly engineered airport way you can always drive down first avenue and miss that sight. Go Nanooks.
                            Unfortunately everything in Fairbanks is off Airport Way. Carlson Center, Growden, hotel, soccer fields, Big Dipper, airport, entrance to the highway. Pretty much everything you do in Fairbanks.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              You knew that when you moved to the valley. It's not a stupid hill ...maybe unintelligent commuter’s carpet bagging jobs in Anchorage is the dilemma.
                              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-07-2014, 12:53 AM.
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                                Dude........ UA_ Engineer's designed that road and were told that it's one of their best efforts ever to come out of that school.

Comment

Working...
                                X