• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Only if Mary Carmichael can come.
    That's up to you!! You'd have to bring her

No issue for me!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      OK bust my balls picking on a fellow Asian )) Did you participate in this before ?
      Play? No

I stopped to hang out at yost & st Paul for a while.

-and Mookie is only married to an Asian.

Comment

Re: 2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
        fyp
        I wish Maine the best of luck in making the tournament! I'll be pulling for you guys.
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I'm really excited for the now-inevitable Maine vs. Union 1st round rivalry matchup
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Mookie? Asian? hahahahahaha.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Are the game times 5p & 8pm on Thursday?
              Close but no cigar! 5 and 8 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                Ah thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                  According to the info with the tickets I received today, 5 & 8:30

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    thinking i don't have to leave early to make that first game. not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      My mistake, sorry.

Comment

Gotta be honest, not all that excited about staying in downtown Philly. I believe tailgating is an option this year, more than almost any other previous FF (aside from the inbred USCHO people tailgating in a Dairy Queen parking lot), which makes driving down from Mass with the grill and staying a few miles out in a cheaper hotel all the more attractive. Maybe hit up Atlantic City on Friday... or the whole friggin time... sounds like a good time to me.

Phils are in town in the same complex all Frozen Four so that will run some interference with traffic, parking, etc. Don't forget to bring your batteries to throw at opposing players inside Citizen's Park!
                        Hey hey hey....the tailgate is organized by GPL, not USCHO. And the only inbreds there were WI fans.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Try not to get hit by a car this time Brent.
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Don't know about anyone else, but I got a phone call yesterday from a guy working for a company that had been contracted by the NCAA to do a survey of long time FF attendees The questions were mostly open-ended; what do you like about it, what don't you like about it, etc. I mentioned to him my main gripes -- I liked it much better when the Thursday games weren't single admission, and how it infuriates me when prime seats reserved for corporate sponsors, NCAA bigwigs, etc. are empty at games. He said he'd heard many similar complaints, but I don't know whether that was real or whether he was just playing along with me. I also said there's not much they can do to make me come on Friday.

Don't know what to make of it. Combined with the number of opportunities I've had to buy tickets, I'm guessing that it means they're not selling out and they're getting worried.

Comment

Try not to get hit by a car this time Brent.
                              That turned into an interesting 45mins!!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                Don't know what to make of it. Combined with the number of opportunities I've had to buy tickets, I'm guessing that it means they're not selling out and they're getting worried.
                                The prices have really skyrocketed. That's got to be a factor. The increase has far exceeded any measure of normal inflation you could possibly find. That prices out families. That prices out a lot of casual observers as well.

I think one thing no one has been mentioning is that the previous half-decade has seen a number of DIII-caliber scrub schools making the Frozen Four. Congrats they earned it (and shame on the big programs for choking), but when we've had Bemidji, RIT, Umass Lowell, Union, Ferris State, Quinnipiac, and SCSU all in the last 5 years. That's 7 of 20 slots. If you're looking at an event that needs to pull in some casual hockey fans from the host city for walk-up ticket sales, this certainly doesn't help. Ooooh ooohh oooooh but these little guys making it to the FF helps the sport!!!! Questionable FF crowds and horrendous regional crowds in the 16-team format might make one rethink that position. I can only imagine some of the tv ratings for some of these games. Last year's FF had a terrible crowd and must have had absurdly low ratings. Grows the sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK.

ps - I'm sorry if you're a fan of a DIII-caliber scrub school that I mentioned above (or perhaps one I didn't mention above).

Comment

Working...
                                X