This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Final Game at Ritter/Playoffs <<<<<

Season Thread closed so I will start this one off with a quote from a note I received this morning from a member of the Buffalo Sports Media. This person mostly covers college sports, more bouncy ball than hockey but has covered some RIT Games.

This is what he said when I told him this weekend's game against Canisius is probably going to be the last Men's Game at the Ritter

What! RIT is in the bottom 4!? Holy ****, they are! I just looked on USCHO (I'm sure you know what your talking about but I had to see for myself). What happened? I never thought I'd see that.
    Nice split this weekend, gives some hope for a playoff run. If RIT had more weekends like that we would be talking about a home playoff game...
    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Final Game at Ritter/Playoffs <<<<<

Great article from USCHO.com on Ritter Arena. I only was there once not for a hockey game but my sister in law's graduation a few years ago. Wish I could have seen a hockey game there.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/02/25/comm...rable-moments/
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Great article from USCHO.com on Ritter Arena. I only was there once not for a hockey game but my sister in law's graduation a few years ago. Wish I could have seen a hockey game there.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/02/25/comm...rable-moments/
      About time that guy writes a good article. Just kidding Lerchie very nicely done. All most made me as emotional as your first ever D-III Season wrap up article many years ago...
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

It'd be cool to hold a memorial game at Ritter once a year, make it GA and first come first serve for old times sake. Ps, sit garbowski this weekend, save him for the first round
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          It'd be cool to hold a memorial game at Ritter once a year, make it GA and first come first serve for old times sake. Ps, sit garbowski this weekend, save him for the first round
          Maybe the Orange-White game or the exhibition game against the token CIS team ....
          -M

Comment

Or the Canadian exhibition?

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
            Maybe the Orange-White game or the exhibition game against the token CIS team ....
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              Or the Canadian exhibition?
              Ummm ... http://english.cis-sic.ca/sports/mice/index
              -M

Comment

The OJHL announced it's regular season allstar teams, and Tiger Recruit Liam Kerins playing for North York is on the first team. http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_136482

I've got a feeling that he's going to be the cream of this years class of recruits.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Hm, TIL. I figured CIS was just some academic RIT department.

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                    The OJHL announced it's regular season allstar teams, and Tiger Recruit Liam Kerins playing for North York is on the first team. http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_136482

I've got a feeling that he's going to be the cream of this years class of recruits.
                    70+ points in less than 60 games played this season.

Nice..
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      70+ points in less than 60 games played this season.

Nice..
                      Even better, a career line of 156gm - 85g - 90a - 175pts. That's .54 goals and .57 per game assists over 3 seasons in the OJHL. He's shown a steady imporvement over each season. A lot of our recruits in the past have put up big numbers only in their final season in Juniors.
                      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983
                      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

The league in its weekend preview says there is an unlikely scenario that would get RIT the 8th seed in the playoffs:

"RIT sits in a tie for tenth with American International and hold the tiebreaker over the Yellow Jackets by sweeping the season series, 2-0-0. The Tigers could end up as the eighth seed, but would need a lot of help, as RIT would need to finish the regular season in a four-way tie with Holy Cross, Sacred Heart and American International for that to happen. If Holy Cross can garner at least a tie in its two game series with Army, then RIT can finish no higher than No. 9. The Tigers hold the tiebreaker not only over American International, but also over Sacred Heart."

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          The league in its weekend preview says there is an unlikely scenario that would get RIT the 8th seed in the playoffs:

"RIT sits in a tie for tenth with American International and hold the tiebreaker over the Yellow Jackets by sweeping the season series, 2-0-0. The Tigers could end up as the eighth seed, but would need a lot of help, as RIT would need to finish the regular season in a four-way tie with Holy Cross, Sacred Heart and American International for that to happen. If Holy Cross can garner at least a tie in its two game series with Army, then RIT can finish no higher than No. 9. The Tigers hold the tiebreaker not only over American International, but also over Sacred Heart."
                          Does it have to be a four way tie or can RIT just tie Holy Cross for 8th?

For the Tigers to tie, they would need Holy Cross to drop two to Army (God willing!) and the Tigers to sweep this weekend.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

If it's a two-way tie with Holy Cross, RIT loses the head to head comparison. If it's a three-way tie, HC beats either AIC or Sacred Heart and then RIT head-to-head.

This is just guessing, but I think this is how the league is making this decision:

Do a three-way comparison first among the three eastern teams because they played each other three times and RIT only twice. If those three are tied, then the league would use its first tie-breaker, which is conference wins. AIC and Sacred Heart would have 11 wins vs. 10 for HC and so they then move to a two-way comparison. AIC beats Sacred Heart 2-1 head to head and moves on to a comparison between RIT and AIC. RIT wins that head-to-head comparison 2-0.

Comment

Could you use a 4-way H2H percentage comparison?

RIT - 4-1-1 (.750)
                              HC - 5-2-1 (.688)
                              AIC - 3-5-0 (.375)
                              SH - 2-6-0 (.250)

EDIT: Here are the 3-way H2H stats:

SH
                              1-4-0 (.200)
                              RIT
                              2-1-1 (.625)
                              HC
                              3-1-1 (.700)

AIC
                              1-4-0 (.200)
                              RIT
                              2-1-1 (.625)
                              HC
                              3-1-1 (.700)
                              Last edited by EvilTaxi; 02-27-2014, 05:28 PM. Reason: 3-way stats

Comment

Working...
                              X