Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Play on...

Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Let the game begin.....
    atlantarhinoplastycritic.com

Comment

Last thread, a poster used the terms 'improbable' and 'not completely ridiculous' in discussing Maine's probability of winning two vs PC this weekend. I seriously beg to differ...to state the obvious...Black Bears are 12-1 at Alfond this season, excluding exhibitions. PC's current USCHO #12 ranking is a direct result of their first half play. Since 1/1/14, they are 4-6-3 with the only true quality win against UML at home. Not impressive. Read the PC thread. They are not anxious to visit Orono this coming weekend.
      Last edited by DoubleA; 02-25-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Open letter from Red to Maine fans
        http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...201402256bflls
        Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          Last thread, a poster used the terms 'improbable' and 'not completely ridiculous' in discussing Maine's probability of winning two vs PC this weekend. I seriously beg to differ...to state the obvious...Black Bears are 12-1 at Alfond this season, excluding exhibitions. PC's current USCHO #12 ranking is a direct result of their first half play. Since 1/1/14, they are 4-6-3 with the only true quality win against UML at home. Not impressive. Read the PC thread. They are not anxious to visit Orono this coming weekend.

And over Maine's last 10, they're .500. They're scoring 2.5 goals per game, allowing 2.8 per game. Given the last month, you also have to question Maine's ability to finish games. Over the last few weeks, Maine hasn't been terribly impressive, either. Not bad, but not great.

You're right about the games being at home, though. On the road, a 4-point weekend wouldn't be realistic. At home, there's at least a chance.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            And over Maine's last 10, they're .500.
            Which you would expect if they always won at home and always lost away. In fact, in this case, they've been away more often.
            Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

PC has a goalie who can steal a weekend.But he hasn't played that well since the world jrs. At this point I'm not sure Maine can finish anybody, more importantly I don't think they feel they can either
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                Which you would expect if they always won at home and always lost away. In fact, in this case, they've been away more often.
                Bah. Blatant excuse. Red wouldn't take it, and neither will I.

Over the long run, Maine's not going to win every home game, ever. And they're not going to be completely futile on opponents' ice. With the exception of one game against a terrible BU team under even worse conditions, Maine hasn't looked that great since before Christmas, no matter which date you use as cutoff. They've had moments, but complete, impressive games have been scarce.

This Maine team is improving, but they're not good enough to assume anything this weekend.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Read the PC thread. They are not anxious to visit Orono this coming weekend.
                  Pay no attention to Jon. He's just worried about his alternator....

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    I have it. Hes so screwed.

Its in their hands, the hockey games that is....if da Bears want it bad enough, I dont care who is in net. No goalie without eyes is worth a chit. In fact I think 2nd place is for the taking and where they should be if they want it.
                    Last edited by all bear; 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      I have it..
                      I want to know who fixed it. I know both garages in orono quite well, worked for both of them at one time or another
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                        That is great stuff.
                        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Just wondering, Why were Hutton and O'Connor both along the left boards when Pimm scored PP goal? Was that by design or just lack of communication?

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                            He should be.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                              Just wondering, Why were Hutton and O'Connor both along the left boards when Pimm scored PP goal? Was that by design or just lack of communication?
                              Don't know if this answers the question, but
                              Hutton said it was a defensive breakdown - his fault. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muVp...&feature=share

There were a bunch of those on Saturday, perhaps caused by keying on Roy.
                              Last edited by blackbear80; 02-25-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X