Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
    Wow... And Jean Yves-Roy is prohibited from officiating at Maine? What's the difference there? I was at the game last night and didn't see the hold on O'Conner either, but I have to think it was one of those calls where you wonder why they called that and failed to call some other ones right in front of them. There was a trip that happened that took place right in front of an official where a Providence guy just got his stick caught up in a Maine player's skates and he fell. The Maine player obviously got tripped up, and it wasn't an embellishment, and yet that wasn't called. I know that it all comes down to discretion, but it's hard not to think there was a bias involved too. Maine didn't put the effort in that they needed to to win, but it's dejecting to think that the officials aren't calling it both ways consistently.
    The box score shows that OConnor received a 10 min misconduct when Swavely got the hooking call. Something he said?

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

JY did the Maine game at Quinnipiac.

BOC used, as Cody Beckett said on WMEB, one of the magic words when arguing with the ref. That earned him the misconduct. The last five minutes of last night's game were a real fustercluck.

The reason Rutt gets attention for the penalties he takes is that they are incredibly costly. Four times this season he has been in the box when the opposition scores a tying or go-ahead goal. He is the only Black Bear with more than one such mark against him. He has four. It doesn't just seem like his penalties are costly - they really are.

I posted all possible outcomes for Maine and PC tonight on the game thread. Long story short, win tonight and enjoy a home game in the quarters.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
        Wow... And Jean Yves-Roy is prohibited from officiating at Maine? What's the difference there? I was at the game last night and didn't see the hold on O'Conner either, but I have to think it was one of those calls where you wonder why they called that and failed to call some other ones right in front of them. There was a trip that happened that took place right in front of an official where a Providence guy just got his stick caught up in a Maine player's skates and he fell. The Maine player obviously got tripped up, and it wasn't an embellishment, and yet that wasn't called. I know that it all comes down to discretion, but it's hard not to think there was a bias involved too. Maine didn't put the effort in that they needed to to win, but it's dejecting to think that the officials aren't calling it both ways consistently.
        The worst is the fact Kevin Shea is an employee at Boston College...I swear PC had him this year against BC
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

"What happened?"

"We lost 4-2?"

You do gotta love Red.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

PC 1-0

Oullette lets in a softy a few minutes into the game.

Comment

Lomberg from Leen and Schurhammer.

1-1

Comment

Tied 1-1

Lomberg one times a beauty of a centering pass from Leen, Schurhamer with the dump off the face off and rung it around the boards to Leen.

Comment

If Red doesn't bench that F@#k%$g Rutt I'm going to freak out!!!

Comment

Shorthanded goal allowed in a big game. The more things change the more they stay the same

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I missed the short handed goal. Went to go heat up some food thinking we are in the power play, should be good when I get back... then see it is 2-1.

Can someone describe the goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        I missed the short handed goal. Went to go heat up some food thinking we are in the power play, should be good when I get back... then see it is 2-1.

Can someone describe the goal.
                        2 on 1 , rutt tries to get back to help, takes the guy down and into Marty other forward scores
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

UHN is losing 1-0

Comment

maine about to go on a full 2 minute 5x3

cue another rutt penalty

Comment

PC kills it.

Comment

rutt with another turnover and ouellette stops mauerman on a breakaway

Comment

Working...
                                X