Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    Yeah, but as always isn't it going to come down to $$. If they have a couple of slots to fill they'll take the cheapest route. Which means a short to medium bus ride.
    The cheapest route is to host games to which they can sell 4-5000 tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Please NO!!!!! No more non-conference games vs. Hockey East!(excluding UNH).......especially the Vermonts and UMass's of the world.
      How about a couple against Quinnipiac?

Comment

Please NO!!!!! No more non-conference games vs. Hockey East!(excluding UNH).......especially the Vermonts and UMass's of the world.
        like it or not, we are a Vermont or UMass of the hockey world now

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Umass maybe, Vermont is in the tourney
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Nyquist had two more goals last night in a loss to Columbus... the only 2 goals Detroit scored. Here's an article from Tuesday saying that he was the NHL's #1 star of the week http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...-playoff-slot/ , and here's another feature article on him from Wednesday: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-s-h...lkA1ZJUDM2OV8x

In other news, Jimmy Howard's birthday is today too. They just mentioned it during the Rangers vs. Flyers game while I was typing this post!
            Last edited by blackbearbandie; 03-26-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              I don't give a crap.......I still don't want to see Maine play them in non-conference games. Isn't twice enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
                How about a couple against Quinnipiac?
                Sure.......as long as they are not Hockey East games.

Comment

I don't give a crap.......I still don't want to see Maine play them in non-conference games. Isn't twice enough for you?
                  Maine does not yet deserve to be playing Minnesota or even Union at the Alfond. Tim worked hard to make it so that Maine would be lucky to get Huntsville to want to come back to Orono.

teams schedule out of conference away games against teams that will possibly help their PWR.... Maine cannot help a tournament team yet, so why would Minny or St.Cloud or any other "good" team want to travel to Orono?

keep your donations pouring in so that Red can rebuild the program!

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                    Maine does not yet deserve to be playing Minnesota or even Union at the Alfond. Tim worked hard to make it so that Maine would be lucky to get Huntsville to want to come back to Orono.

teams schedule out of conference away games against teams that will possibly help their PWR.... Maine cannot help a tournament team yet, so why would Minny or St.Cloud or any other "good" team want to travel to Orono?

Comment

Make too many reaches like that and you could rip your arm right out of the socket.

A team will come to Alfond if it is worth the risk of losing the game vs other opportunities. As it stands now, neither Minnesota or Wisconsin would look favorably on a trip to Maine, primarily because the risk of losing is too great. For anyone else, a trip to Orono could be very attractive - depending on what other opportunities are out there. Under the new pairwise formula, Maine makes out pretty well. A road win is worth a considerable amount and a road loss is not as punishing. Further, Maine finished #24 in RPI. Finish in the top 20 and suddenly you're worth quality win bonus points. Even if you come to Maine and lose, with the road modifier and the team's improved RPI, the loss won't be nearly as costly as it would have been a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Make too many reaches like that and you could rip your arm right out of the socket.

A team will come to Alfond if it is worth the risk of losing the game vs other opportunities. As it stands now, neither Minnesota or Wisconsin would look favorably on a trip to Maine, primarily because the risk of losing is too great. For anyone else, a trip to Orono could be very attractive - depending on what other opportunities are out there. Under the new pairwise formula, Maine makes out pretty well. A road win is worth a considerable amount and a road loss is not as punishing. Further, Maine finished #24 in RPI. Finish in the top 20 and suddenly you're worth quality win bonus points. Even if you come to Maine and lose, with the road modifier and the team's improved RPI, the loss won't be nearly as costly as it would have been a few years ago.
                        apparently you're convinced of your logic, I hope you can convince the ADs at schools that matter to agree with you.

Comment

apparently you're convinced of your logic, I hope you can convince the ADs at schools that matter to agree with you.
                          It isn't "my" logic. It's Simple Mathâ„¢ to anyone who understands the RPI formula and the pairwise. I doubt many ADs understand it, but I'm pretty sure hockey coaches do.

Comment

Do you have a point that you are trying to make?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              It isn't "my" logic. It's Simple Math™ to anyone who understands the RPI formula and the pairwise. I doubt many ADs understand it, but I'm pretty sure hockey coaches do.
                              John, it is much more than simple math, if it were simple math, then good teams would be lining up to come to Orono. they are not doing that yet, due to simple math that is calculated by those that matter

Comment

Looks like UAA is coming in, per their schedule:

Fri, Oct 24 Maine at Orono, Maine 3:07 p.m.
                                Sat, Oct 25 Maine at Orono, Maine 3:07 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X