Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    I agree. This team was fun to watch for the first half of the season with their aggressive style of play. They peaked way too early and the opposition adjusted to Maine's style of play. They were beat up and had nothing left for the second half of the season. A total collapse that the coaching staff is at least partially responsible for. With only one road win all season, finishing in 6th place, getting swept in the quarter finals, it's hard for me to say (at this point), the team is better under this coaching staff.
    Well you are delusional. Timmy would have had this team firmly in 10th or 11th place and Devin would have bolted for Austin mid season under whitehead. Sweetland's advisor didn't want Andrew sticking around to lose all hockey sense. And tgat is just one example

This was a rebuilding year, as is next year.
    Learn the game and what goes on behing closed doors. Stop defending whitehead!

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

The weekend at Notre Dame killed this team, it wasn't like Jeff Jackson had some special plan, Maine simply choked. It was all downhill from there. Its as if they came to the realization that they weren't good enough to compete with the big boys. They need size and speed.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
        Not real happy with the results, but I still love the compete level of this team.
        From an outsider, they played even with PC in the first, got into penalty trouble in the second and completely dominated the game in the third. they certainly showed up.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
          Well you are delusional. Timmy would have had this team firmly in 10th or 11th place and Devin would have bolted for Austin mid season under whitehead. Sweetland's advisor didn't want Andrew sticking around to lose all hockey sense. And tgat is just one example

This was a rebuilding year, as is next year.
          Learn the game and what goes on behing closed doors. Stop defending whitehead!
          You beat me to the bunch. This 'collapse' talk is a bunch of nonsense. Maine could play Providence 10 times and might win once. I would like to know which games down the stretch Maine lost that they should have won. If you finish in the league ahead of two NCAA teams you've had a decent season, which Maine did. Once Maine gets some size in things are only going to get better.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'd like to apologize to all the Maine fans and particularly the very nice family whose child had to witness a fat slob of a fan ruin the night for so many and embarrass PC fans everywhere.
            I normally sit in my seats behind the goal where Maine exits the rink but sat upstairs for this game. I missed the interaction but heard from many PC fans who were there that some newbie was taunting one of Maine players then he began swearing at a Maine fan who told him to shut up. I'm very sorry that the family was subjected to that and I'm sorry that this tool didn't have the class enough to realize that his actions would upset the youngster.

I know incidents happen at times at sporting events but it takes a special kind of DB to act up like that and especially toward a family.

Please know that many of us regulars are extremely embarrassed that the clown in question was a PC fan and I'm so sorry that this nice family (who I did get so see briefly before they left the arena) had their experience ruined. I wish we could make it up to them in some way. Newbie does not represent us and I'd like to send my apologies to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post

I know incidents happen at times at sporting events but it takes a special kind of DB to act up like that and especially toward a family.

Please know that many of us regulars are extremely embarrassed that the clown in question was a PC fan and I'm so sorry that this nice family (who I did get so see briefly before they left the arena) had their experience ruined. I wish we could make it up to them in some way. Newbie does not represent us and I'd like to send my apologies to the family.
              Couldn't say it better myself.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Couldn't say it better myself.
                Okay fine... now return the dam alternator you stole. Its one thing to steal our hockey virginity... its another thing to steal our car parts
                sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  I'd like to apologize to all the Maine fans and particularly the very nice family whose child had to witness a fat slob of a fan ruin the night for so many and embarrass PC fans everywhere.
                  I normally sit in my seats behind the goal where Maine exits the rink but sat upstairs for this game. I missed the interaction but heard from many PC fans who were there that some newbie was taunting one of Maine players then he began swearing at a Maine fan who told him to shut up. I'm very sorry that the family was subjected to that and I'm sorry that this tool didn't have the class enough to realize that his actions would upset the youngster.

Thank you. That was very well said. Both families involved said they received support from other PC fans in the section and know this one guy does not represent the fan base as a whole. I met Cole (the 4 year old) this morning as the family was packing for the ride home. He is a great kid and Maine is fortunate to have him in the fan base. One of the other fans gave him a Black Bears banner. The girl involved is named Kimber. There is a great picture of her with the sign she made for the game on her mom's Facebook page.
                  Rest assured the Maine fans in attendance know this is one guy. Anger this morning was at the security who did nothing to that guy.
                  You have a hell of a team, especially that goalie. Good luck at the Garden next weekend.

Comment

Great post, the guy was an idiot, doesn't mean you are all idiots. Enjoy your team, I saw enough to know they are pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      You beat me to the bunch. This 'collapse' talk is a bunch of nonsense. Maine could play Providence 10 times and might win once. I would like to know which games down the stretch Maine lost that they should have won. If you finish in the league ahead of two NCAA teams you've had a decent season, which Maine did. Once Maine gets some size in things are only going to get better.
                      Notre Dame is one game they should have won

Comment

Well said 91. I am just hearing about this and i am not happy about this idiot ruining anyones experience, let alone a 4 year old. I also as a season ticket holder at PC would like to apologize to all who were involved. Its too bad this one guy has to give us all a black eye, what a shame!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Notre Dame is one game they should have won
                          You honestly think they should have swept the #8 PWR team on the road? For me, the part of the season I think they would want back was the early early games on the road. They really should have done better than 0-5-1 in the games against SLU, UMA, and UVM.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You honestly think they should have swept the #8 PWR team on the road? For me, the part of the season I think they would want back was the early early games on the road. They really should have done better than 0-5-1 in the games against SLU, UMA, and UVM.
                            I gave em a pass on the early away games... new coach, new systems, work ethic no engrained yet....I think they should have swept UHN, split with NU and not give that one away up in Vermont. I knew slu up there was nearly impossible... when you boil it all down, the entire season but for the PC series against a team we matched up with poorly was a success.
                            sure why not

Comment

When Maine went out to South Bend, Notre Dame wasn't 8th in PWR (and they definitely didn't play like it). You need to be able to close out that game. At worst, keep the tie. Losing in regulation when you're up one with a minute or so left is not acceptable. :-/
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                They were ahead with a minute left and lost, yes they should have won

Comment

Working...
                                X