Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    I'm not on the Facebook group. I'm not a big social media guy. I will help any way I can. Chris Sedenka on WJAB is my neighbor and he could help but it's almost midnight on thurs so I don't know what can be done at this point.
    I just posted on Facebook, in the Maine Hockey Fans group and on twitter. I would think the first step would be to contact Rivalries tomorrow to make sure they can stream (I can't imagine they couldn't) and spread the word. Javier Goritti is Sedenka's co-host in the afternoon I believe (been so long since I listened to local radio) and he also is a Black Bear hockey alumnus. I'm sure they could help get the message out.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      I just posted on Facebook, in the Maine Hockey Fans group and on twitter. I would think the first step would be to contact Rivalries tomorrow to make sure they can stream (I can't imagine they couldn't) and spread the word. Javier Goritti is Sedenka's co-host in the afternoon I believe (been so long since I listened to local radio) and he also is a Black Bear hockey alumnus. I'm sure they could help get the message out.
      Yes he is. 3rd string goalie that he was...LOL I know Rivalries has DTV so not sure what the streaming deal would be. I'll stop by and ask tomorrow morning. I'll try and make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Yes he is. 3rd string goalie that he was...LOL I know Rivalries has DTV so not sure what the streaming deal would be. I'll stop by and ask tomorrow morning. I'll try and make it happen.
        Any word on this?
        MeanEgirl: Matty, I think you have one of the best personalities ever. And for nanookfan: I know what Matty looks like. He's no Chris Conner, but because of how sweet, awesome, and smart he is, I'd do him in a heartbeat!
        shrader: I hate idiots (that means you ecbrevik and matty).
        Dirty: matty's awesomeness is not in debate
        ARM: Further proof of matty's awesomeness.
        KC8NIY: you can't hate the awesomeness
        hockeybando: matty is teh awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by mattyt02 View Post
          Any word on this?
          Not happening. I called and they can't get Cox or whatever it is in R.I. plus all the NCAA hoops on. I wasn't going to push it. Needed way more time to set this up. If we had gone to Rivalries or another sports bar and promised them X amount of people it could've come together. Had a separate area etc. But too short a notice.

Comment

I just called the Stadium (Binga's) and they may be able to get something together for tomorrow perhaps but they won't know until tomorrow AM.
            MeanEgirl: Matty, I think you have one of the best personalities ever. And for nanookfan: I know what Matty looks like. He's no Chris Conner, but because of how sweet, awesome, and smart he is, I'd do him in a heartbeat!

Comment

I just called the Stadium (Binga's) and they may be able to get something together for tomorrow perhaps but they won't know until tomorrow AM.
              That's cool. I don't know any of the managers there, but that's a good option as they have the downstairs. Let me know if you hear from them and I'll spread the word.

Comment

Do you know anyone at Thatchers over by the mall? They could separate off an area in there too.

Comment

Living in Minnesota where every single Gopher game is on TV I am shocked the brain wizards in the athletic office at UMaine haven't figured out why it makes sense to have every game televised then they should all be fired. If it is a Learfield issue then fire them.

Comment

Just jumping on here now. So this means the fox sports atlantic and other fox sports channels that are part of Slime Warners expanded sports package aren't picking up the games?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearinGopherLand View Post
                      Living in Minnesota where every single Gopher game is on TV I am shocked the brain wizards in the athletic office at UMaine haven't figured out why it makes sense to have every game televised then they should all be fired. If it is a Learfield issue then fire them.
                      Small minds do small things.
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                        Do you know anyone at Thatchers over by the mall? They could separate off an area in there too.
                        I called there, they get just the basic and won't have Cox or the Bangor stations they said

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                          Just jumping on here now. So this means the fox sports atlantic and other fox sports channels that are part of Slime Warners expanded sports package aren't picking up the games?
                          Correct, It's not just TW it's Direct TV, Dish. All of em. But the 10 people in the greater Bangor area will be watching. While the 300,000 in the greater Portland area get some Monk re runs. I'm sure an episode of Monk from 1999 will bring in way higher ratings anyway.

Comment

I called there, they get just the basic and won't have Cox or the Bangor stations they said
                            Figured as much. Unless you have an unreal sports package and can pick up Cox sports nobody can get it. Good job Umaine athletics, WPME & WPXT. Keep enjoying your .000001% of the Portland TV market share. Losers.

Comment

They don't need to pick up Cox. Use a laptop, connect some HDMI cables to the TV and login to the Cox website and pay the $7.95. You think Seasons got Cox way up in Bangor?

Comment

Originally posted by board View Post
                                They don't need to pick up Cox. Use a laptop, connect some HDMI cables to the TV and login to the Cox website and pay the $7.95. You think Seasons got Cox way up in Bangor?
                                Yes I get you can do that, but that's asking a lot of a bar owner on short notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X