Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Defense was stellar tonight, all of them.
    Last edited by Hockeyman99; 03-09-2014, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Should we bring Jon a car part next weekend? Jon whatta you need?

Comment

Ben Bishop did well, went 7 rounds in the shootout before giving up a goal and losing the extra point. Bruins win in OT over Tampa Bay.

Comment

There is reportedly a fan bus to Providence for next weekend....

And details were just announced:
          https://***********/BlackBearNation/...281089/photo/1

Comment

Has to be frustrating to play a team who camps out on blue line. Thought marty was shaky at first, glove saves that turned into rebounds, leaving rebounds out front. He got better as game went on and saved a tie on an awful giveaway by Devin. MC missed alot of open net tonight. They simply couldn't put it where it needed to go, the opening was there. Maine simply dominated play in the 3rd, MC got nothing until there were a few minutes left. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. All those chances Maine had and nothing. Maines PK was good, Maines PP was awful. I wonder if Lomberg is beat up, he doesn't seem to be in the play as much as he was.

All and all a good game to watch, good win and off to PC
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A little more on the fan bus: It will stop in southern Maine to pick up passengers. I'll be discussing locations with John Diamond on Monday. I just need a pickup in Topsham (there's a park&ride right off exit 31) but if people want other pickup locations post it here or contact John Diamond at 581-1086. Also, if there is a game 3, the bus is staying (but tix will have to be purchased).

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...-mark-anthoine

Recap of the 2-0 win over Merrimack with quotes
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Dam that Rutt fella can be good when he wants to be . Outstanding game by him.... he really set the tone on the opening faceoff when he demolished that Mac player. On to P town . Time for a little payback . Hope the entire state shows up to support these guys. Ouellettes got his mojo back.
                  Last edited by all bear; 03-09-2014, 07:16 AM.
                  sure why not

Comment

BDN Recap Of Maine's 2-0 Win Over Merrimack

Former Maine players Jimmy Howard and Gustav Nyquist on national tv(NBC) right now in the Detroit vs. New York Rangers game.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      Dam that Rutt fella can be good when he wants to be . Outstanding game by him.... he really set the tone on the opening faceoff when he demolished that Mac player. On to P town . Time for a little payback . Hope the entire state shows up to support these guys. Ouellettes got his mojo back.
                      Yes, Rutt played great. Overall the number of mistakes by the entire team defense in Maine's end could be counted on one hand. In general, they did a great job protecting the net front and steering things outside. If they play positional defense that well against any team they will do well with Oullette behind them. This will be the key to the game against PC. Keeping their forwards away from the net front.

I also think it is worth mentioning that Cerretani had a great game. This is the best I've seen him play. He show great wheels and tenacious fore-checking. He got back to d well in the transition game. He had a few nice passes and shots and one of them made it on the score sheet. He had a terrific pass where he tried to saucer it to the net front for Hutton streaking down the slot. Plays like that really mean the difference between Maine winning and not. Great game Cerretani.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        A little more on the fan bus: It will stop in southern Maine to pick up passengers. I'll be discussing locations with John Diamond on Monday. I just need a pickup in Topsham (there's a park&ride right off exit 31) but if people want other pickup locations post it here or contact John Diamond at 581-1086. Also, if there is a game 3, the bus is staying (but tix will have to be purchased).
                        What's the 411 on the hotel and is everyone guaranteed a room if there's a game 3???

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          What's the 411 on the hotel and is everyone guaranteed a room if there's a game 3???
                          I will talk to John tomorrow but I have heard the hotel is $120/night. I don't know about a "guarantee" but I did this two years ago for football and we stayed in a pretty big hotel, so vacancy wasn't an issue. I will ask though.

Comment

Maine hockey: Gendron rewarded for confidence in Ouellette

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ette-merrimack
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I just spoke with John Diamond. The bus is leaving campus at 11AM, stopping at the Bangor Park&Ride and then the Exit 31 (Topsham) Park&Ride before heading to Providence. If people need another pickup site in Southern Maine let him know. We are staying at the Providence Marriott for two nights. If there is a game three on Sunday we will come back immediately after the game. The special rate is $110/night (with tax $246). I checked and the hotel offers a buffet breakfast and has lot of dining options nearby for lunch on Saturday.

Comment

PC's students are on break and they won't even have a band there if their bouncy ball team advances to MSG. Good opportunity for Maine fans to take over their barn.

Comment

Working...
                                X