Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
    I disagree to the point where I do not care whether they are thrilled or not. As I said, Maine is shooting itself in the foot out of honor and Learfield is "happy". That is not a partnership. There was a contract for televising 7 games and that is all.

If learfield wanted more, it should have asked for more and paid more. Do you not agree?
    and I do not think you know what a strawman argument is.

Learfield is strickly about cash. They are going to make a decision 2 years from now that is in their best business interest and they will not "throw in an extra 10% percent because Creech was good to us and acted honorably". Don't fool yourself and think otherwise. Follow the money.
    I could not agree more with this. Another interesting question to ask would be how successful has UMaine sports been since Learfield came on board? Maybe the best thing the new AD could do would be to run them out of town. The AD should be acting in Maine's best interest, not Learfield's.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine thinks it should have its fans pay 7.99 for a stream they reach out to Orono High special education program for a camera guy and see how many people they can bring to puke by the end of the 1st period

Comment

The ticket website is proving to be unreliable this week. Last night only 13 lower bowl chair backs remained, today that number is up to 125. Lower bowl bleacher seats have sold, down from 174 to 62. No one wants to sit in the balcony it seems, as 101 of the 168 seats in EE and FF remain available. The players have taken to twitter to ask people to buy tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          The ticket website is proving to be unreliable this week. Last night only 13 lower bowl chair backs remained, today that number is up to 125. Lower bowl bleacher seats have sold, down from 174 to 62. No one wants to sit in the balcony it seems, as 101 of the 168 seats in EE and FF remain available. The players have taken to twitter to ask people to buy tickets.
          I think they might have done more than that. Is Shore not coming back next year?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I think they might have done more than that. Is Shore not coming back next year?
            I'm pretty sure he just meant last time this year. i can't imagine Dallas wants him to turn pro yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Who knows but we can hope that his Mom will be singing the National Anthem on his senior night.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Maybe next time the contract comes up the university can take into account the inflexible nature of its current broadcast partner. In the meantime they are respecting the deal they already have. What a terrible lesson to teach students.

What kind of a media broadcast company can't get its chit together in a week to be able to broadcast a live sporting event? As you say,. next time the deal comes up for renewal, perhaps they should consider the limitations and inability to get things done that their current partner seems to have.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post

Back to what I actually said, though: I doubt the current TV affiliate would have been thrilled if the university allowed WABI to do this game. Do you disagree?
                  Well then, the current affiliate should have manned up and got their people going to be able to broadcast the game themselves. Seems to me, they just don't want to put in the necessary time and work in order to get the game on air. "Boo hoo, we can't possibly be ready in a week. it's not enough time"

Rather sit back on their fat lazy azzes and let that Learfield money pour in.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    What kind of a media broadcast company can't get its chit together in a week to be able to broadcast a live sporting event? As you say,. next time the deal comes up for renewal, perhaps they should consider the limitations and inability to get things done that their current partner seems to have.
                    One that thinks running re runs of Big Bang Theory are more important

Comment

And why would the U enter into a TV deal where there would be no simulcasts in southern Maine?? Brilliant marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                        And still running Dunkin Donuts Christmas commercials in February?

Who the hell's their traffic controller, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          And still running Dunkin Donuts Christmas commercials in February?

Who the hell's their traffic controller, anyway?
                          George Hale's mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            George Hale's mom.
                            I bet she's hawt!!!!

Comment

Wheel of fortune, infomercial, jimmy kimmel live,once upon a time.. Reruns of Big Bang would be a step up
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not necessarily more important, but they might draw better ratings.

Will the school be negotiating the new contract, or will Learfield be at the table instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X