PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Driftryder
02-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Minnesota hosts Penn State this Friday night at 8pm and Saturday night at 6pm, Friday is on the BTN and Saturday is on NBC Sports Network. Penn State is coming off a split at Michigan, Minnesota is coming off a bye.

Go

gopher wes
02-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Bring on the Penn St fa.....errrr, never mind. Bring on the SUCS, Michigan, sconnie, and possibly UND fans. Maybe Biddco too.

A sweep of this series would all but wrap up the regular season title for the Gophers.

Slap Shot
02-24-2014, 10:22 AM
In arrogant SCSU thinking (and grammar) I 'except' a sweep. :D

captain beefheart
02-24-2014, 12:50 PM
In arrogant SCSU thinking (and grammar) I 'except' a sweep. :D

I too except a sweep, but I accept that every weekend. The wife and little'uns will be gone:D and that makes me grin, expect I wish it were an opponent that, well, exited me more. JBSU proud.:mad:

Tiggsy
02-24-2014, 03:02 PM
At least with this series being at home we'll be able to follow the puck along the boards. Finding a puck against boards with yellow at the base is much easier than a navy one like PSU has. Wonder who made that decision as I'm not sure I've ever seen a dark color base.

firstpusk
02-24-2014, 08:39 PM
At least with this series being at home we'll be able to follow the puck along the boards. Finding a puck against boards with yellow at the base is much easier than a navy one like PSU has. Wonder who made that decision as I'm not sure I've ever seen a dark color base.

The Wisco fans I sat by at the Excel didn't have that excuse. They paid little attention to the game talking earnestly about the most inane things. One would then turn to the other asking where the puck was.

mnstate0fhockey
02-24-2014, 09:02 PM
The Wisco fans I sat by at the Excel didn't have that excuse. They paid little attention to the game talking earnestly about the most inane things. One would then turn to the other asking where the puck was.

Sounds like you sat by some of the more knowledgable Wisko fans.

Stauber1
02-24-2014, 09:04 PM

Hey, it's tough to follow a game between stuffing your face with bratwurst and shoving your snout into a beer cup.

firstpusk
02-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you sat by some of the more knowledgable Wisko fans.

Yes. With them it can always be worse...

Bonin21
02-24-2014, 10:08 PM
How did people start calling it the Excel? I see it far too often.

state of hockey
02-24-2014, 10:17 PM

Drives me nuts. I blame it on phones and tablets autocorrecting, though.

Bonin21
02-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Drives me nuts. I blame it on phones and tablets autocorrecting, though.
Not sure I buy that, though... Do people not read what they wrote before they post?

The Rube
02-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Not sure I buy that, though... Do people not read what they wrote before they post?

*snicker* *chortle *guffaw*

Yeah, right.

MN sweeps. we get more goals than we get points this weekend. With ease.

Tiggsy
02-25-2014, 08:08 AM

Wisco fans never have that excuse. I guess we should be impressed they knew a big part of the game is knowing where the puck is. that's a start.

Steve_MN
02-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Wisco fans never have that excuse. I guess we should be impressed they knew a big part of the game is knowing where the puck is. that's a start.
I was thinking the fact that they knew what the puck WAS is enough to mark them as knowledgeable for Wisco fans.

gopher wes
02-25-2014, 08:53 AM
MN sweeps. we get more goals than we get points this weekend. With ease.
No one here to disagree with you....yet(I hope). So I agree.

Tiggsy
02-25-2014, 09:09 AM
No one here to disagree with you....yet(I hope). So I agree.

We may have trouble getting past 6 goals, so I'll say a pair of 3-1 sweeps. PSU's goalie did well in our last series and I bet the team will be a bit amped up after MI. Kind of a disagreement... but not really.

firstpusk
02-25-2014, 10:21 AM

Sorry, I 'd been updating a spread sheet and didn't even realize I did it. However, I am glad to have driven state of hockey a tiny bit more nuts. Nice to accomplish something every few days.

SanTropez
02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
So we are playing Wisconsin-lite this weekend, trap trap some more, pack 4 guys around the net and hope to capitalize on your PP's.

yawn

firstpusk
02-25-2014, 10:54 AM
So we are playing Wisconsin-lite this weekend, trap trap some more, pack 4 guys around the net and hope to capitalize on your PP's.

yawn

I understand why PSU has chosen to play this style. What is Eaves excuse?