PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

ShotFromThePoint
02-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Wonder what the chances are of tDon starting Shibby one night. Being a senior, his last game at Mariucci and playing Penn State, I could easily see it happen.

Greyeagle
02-27-2014, 10:58 PM
North Dakota - coach sucks he can't win a NC and they use overage Canadians, their fans can't read or write either.
Coach can count all the way to one.

firstpusk
02-27-2014, 11:02 PM

...only if he uses his magic finger.

goldy_331
02-28-2014, 08:38 AM

Two if he uses both hands like the fans do.

firstpusk
02-28-2014, 10:25 AM
No. Anything past one his math anxiety kicks in.

johnnypohlfan
02-28-2014, 12:42 PM
So no one other than me thinks there is a pretty good chance this has "trap" series written all over it? Not in a Becky trap style of hockey sort of way, but trap in the sense that there's two pretty big weekends coming up against better competition, and the Gophers might be overlooking PSU. I would certainly hope not, considering how well PSU played us in their barn, but Lucia's teams have shown a history of falling victim to this sort of series later in the season.
I smell a split all the way. Maybe a 4-point weekend for the Gophers.

gopher wes
02-28-2014, 12:48 PM
So no one other than me thinks there is a pretty good chance this has "trap" series written all over it? Not in a Becky trap style of hockey sort of way, but trap in the sense that there's two pretty big weekends coming up against better competition, and the Gophers might be overlooking PSU. I would certainly hope not, considering how well PSU played us in their barn, but Lucia's teams have shown a history of falling victim to this sort of series later in the season.
I smell a split all the way. Maybe a 4-point weekend for the Gophers.
I see where you're coming from. They gave us a run in Happy Valley, I see them having a tougher time at Mariucci. IMO this should be a sweep but I wouldn't be completely shocked if PSU takes points away this weekend.

Tipsy McStagger
02-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Gopher Wes preparing for this series:
http://www.standeyo.com/NEWS/08_Earth_Changes/08_Earth_Changes_pics/080617.sandbagging.jpg

gopher wes
02-28-2014, 03:22 PM
http://www.standeyo.com/NEWS/08_Earth_Changes/08_Earth_Changes_pics/080617.sandbagging.jpg
LOL! If I was sandbagging, wouldn't I be predicting a split or a PSU sweep?

Penn St is not an upper echelon NCAA or even B1G team at this point in their existence. Gophers should sweep, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not seeing how that is sandbagging on my part. I think johnnypohlfan in sandbagging. LOL!!!

Tipsy McStagger
02-28-2014, 03:49 PM
LOL! If I was sandbagging, wouldn't I be predicting a split or a PSU sweep?

Penn St is not an upper echelon NCAA or even B1G team at this point in their existence. Gophers should sweep, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not seeing how that is sandbagging on my part. I think johnnypohlfan in sandbagging. LOL!!!
Yeah, I guess PSU did only lose to BC by one, so who knows? Gophers don't have much to play for at this point anyway.

Rodman
02-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I guess PSU did only lose to BC by one, so who knows? Gophers don't have much to play for at this point anyway.

...and to Minnesota by one, and to UMass Lowell by one, and to Union by one (twice - three seconds from OT on the second one), and to Wisconsin by one (on the road).

Tipsy McStagger
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
...and to Minnesota by one, and to UMass Lowell by one, and to Union by one (twice - three seconds from OT on the second one), and to Wisconsin by one (on the road).
You guys are pretty good at losing by one.

ScoobyDoo
02-28-2014, 04:03 PM

I'll say Minnesota by 6 tonight and 7 tomorrow.

Rodman
02-28-2014, 04:13 PM
You guys are pretty good at losing by one.

Just waiting for those one goal losses to turn into one goal wins...our time will come.

JF_Gophers
02-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Just waiting for those one goal losses to turn into one goal wins...our time will come.Ohio State thinks the same thing, and they are still waiting.

gopher wes
02-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Right, and what Rodman said....

I hate to even say this, but good luck this weekend. As usual I am too nervous to read your threads so I stayed away despite the page count begging me to come partake. I'll definitely be flipping channels tonight checking in on you guys.

JF_Gophers
02-28-2014, 04:22 PM
The Gophers don't have much to play for? :confused:

They need to win all 6 of these games and then win the B1G tournament, get a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament and win that.

They have a lot to play for!

Tiggsy
02-28-2014, 04:26 PM

Hey! I thought only Gopher fans were allowed to troll in other teams' series threads? What is going on????

mnstate0fhockey
02-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Ohio State thinks the same thing, and they are still waiting.

Look at the difference in facilities. Penn State will pass Ohio State in no time IMO.

The Rube
02-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Look at the difference in facilities. Penn State will pass Ohio State in no time IMO.

Because a nice arena = success. Uh huh. tUMD is having a great season; and SCSU really stinks this year.