PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

gopher wes
02-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Except doesn't PSU put an ungodly number of shots on goal? Or am I just making that up?

SanTropez
02-25-2014, 12:01 PM
lack of talent

SanTropez
02-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Except doesn't PSU put an ungodly number of shots on goal? Or am I just making that up?

Yeah they like to shoot, unlike Bucky who has to do red line blue line after the games if they shoot too much.

IndianaBadger1995
02-25-2014, 01:09 PM
PSU sweeps 3-2, 1-0. Minnesota begins yet another epic collapse ;)

IndianaBadger1995
02-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Sounds like you sat by some of the more knowledgable Wisko fans.

Haven't seen you on HF much lately. Still sour over the sweep? :p

mnstate0fhockey
02-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Haven't seen you on HF much lately. Still sour over the sweep? :p

Never was sour. In fact, I kinda predicted that here. Badgers caught Gophers at the right time, and Badgers have been tough to play at home. Doesn't impact my thoughts on either team. They're both good.

No, I'm building a house, so haven't been posting much lately. That, work, and family has kept me pretty busy.

Steve_MN
02-25-2014, 01:47 PM
I understand why PSU has chosen to play this style. What is Eaves excuse?
Only way he knows how to coach a team that will win enough games to keep him on staff?

Tiggsy
02-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Only way he knows how to coach a team that will win enough games to keep him on staff?

He must know exactly where the tipping point is to get him fired because he stays just above it every time, which has even been known to drive their own fan base crazy. I mean the one or two of them that know at least a little something about hockey.

firstpusk
02-25-2014, 02:22 PM
He must know exactly where the tipping point is to get him fired because he stays just above it every time, which has even been known to drive their own fan base crazy. I mean the one or two of them that know at least a little something about hockey.

Aye, there's the rub.

IndianaBadger1995
02-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Never was sour. In fact, I kinda predicted that here. Badgers caught Gophers at the right time, and Badgers have been tough to play at home. Doesn't impact my thoughts on either team. They're both good.

No, I'm building a house, so haven't been posting much lately. That, work, and family has kept me pretty busy.

Well best of luck to you :)

mnstate0fhockey
02-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Well best of luck to you :)

Thanks man. It's a lot more stressful than I thought. :)

Rodman
02-25-2014, 10:26 PM
At least with this series being at home we'll be able to follow the puck along the boards. Finding a puck against boards with yellow at the base is much easier than a navy one like PSU has. Wonder who made that decision as I'm not sure I've ever seen a dark color base.

Know first hand that that is one of the modifications being made this offseason. Don't know who's idea it was though.

Rodman
02-25-2014, 10:35 PM
We played a near-perfect game at home against the Gophers at home in January - still came up short. I don't think we have yet to play a game on olympic-sized rink, so that will likely have even more of an impact seeing as how they are a much faster team. I would be (pleasantly) surprised with any points this weekend. One year ago today we knocked off Bucky in their barn - but I don't think I need to tell any of you guys this - Bucky ain't you!

mnstate0fhockey
02-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Know first hand that that is one of the modifications being made this offseason. Don't know who's idea it was though.

Thanks for the info Rodman. Good to have you here! Hope we see more Penn State posters make their way to these boards.

IndianaBadger1995
02-26-2014, 08:47 AM
We played a near-perfect game at home against the Gophers at home in January - still came up short. I don't think we have yet to play a game on olympic-sized rink, so that will likely have even more of an impact seeing as how they are a much faster team. I would be (pleasantly) surprised with any points this weekend. One year ago today we knocked off Bucky in their barn - but I don't think I need to tell any of you guys this - Bucky ain't you!

Gonna need some outstanding goaltending, like you had against Wisconsin a year ago, in order to beat Minny. Shots in that game were eye popping (44-36 UW with the edge).

gopher wes
02-26-2014, 09:28 AM
:eek:They exist!!

Good to have you on board!!

Steve_MN
02-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Good to see a PSU fan on here and posting :)

While you haven't yet played on a full Olympic sized sheet, Wisconsin's ice is very close at 200x97

Tiggsy
02-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Gonna need some outstanding goaltending, like you had against Wisconsin a year ago, in order to beat Minny. Shots in that game were eye popping (44-36 UW with the edge).

True. But I think the bigger issue was all the blocked shots and clogged lanes. They seem to frustrate our shooters a bit more. So that being said, don't do that for this series so our guys won't get down. Thanks. :p

Slap Shot
02-26-2014, 02:18 PM
PSU will be a tough out at least once this weekend if not both nights.

Driftryder
02-26-2014, 02:43 PM
I agree SS, they will no doubt pack it in around their own net and give us the edges, block tons of shots etc...

Gophers need to go to the net hard and forget the perimeter play.