Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Since the trash talk between certain posters has been going on all year (and the past few years), I figured instead of having each of our team threads polluted, it can all be done here.

So get all your snarky, sarcastic, witty Lowell sucks, Vermont sucks etc happen here.

And go...
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Should be two good games. Split likely or maybe a pair of ties I would guess with UVM likely being out goaltended. possibly see each other again on March 14th

Comment

Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
      Should be two good games. Split likely or maybe a pair of ties I would guess with UVM likely being out goaltended. possibly see each other again on March 14th
      Yeah, I'm also thinking a split.

Interesting conundrum for Coach Bazin in Lowell right now. I know going into the season that the expectation from fans was that we'd see a 1/2 goaltender duo, but I don't think anyone saw Doug Carr rebounding from last year as well as he has. I think we had figured by this point that there would be a clear-cut #1, but that's not really the case. I'd be surprised if both didn't get a start.

Here's hoping that Wilson and Gambardella are on their way back soon as well!
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell should be disappointed with anything less then a sweep. One of the best goaltending duo's in the nation, highly touted defense, 2nd place in HE, a winning record at the Gutt ... I don't see how the 7th place team in HE stands a chance. Cake walk for the RiverHawks
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Two wins would be nice this weekend coming up! I think the coach Bazin is got a tough decision on starting goaltender. You can't go wrong with either goalie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
            Two wins would be nice this weekend coming up! I think the coach Bazin is got a tough decision on starting goaltender. You can't go wrong with either goalie!!!!
            It looks like Bazin plays Hellebuyck against the tougher teams. UML has played 11 games against teams in the top16 of the PWR, going 4-6-1. Hellebuyck has played 7 of the 11 games with Carr playing 4. They are about equal with Hellebuyck going 3-4 with a 2.28GAA and Carr at 1-2-1 with a 2.25GAA. Although Hellebuyck does benefit from the weekend sweep of ND. If you discount a ND team that was playing poorly in a stretch where they lost to UMass and tied MC his numbers become 1-4 with a 3 GAA.

If it were me I'd play Carr Friday and go from there but I have to think Bazin probably gives them each a game no matter the outcome.

In case you were wondering UVM has a terrible record against opponents in the top 16 going 2-8-1. The silver lining is most of these games were played very early on in the season and UVM has since averaged 3 GAA in their last 4 games. And I maintain that this series will come down to whether or not UML's defense keeps UVM off the score sheet. UML has scored 23g in 11 games or just over 2 goals against the top 16 including a 10g outburst in the two games against PC. So I give UVM an edge in the scoring department with Lowell the edge in the defense side. Should be two great games either way.
            Last edited by jcarter7669; 02-24-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

No question Lowell's offense hasn't produced as much as I think Lowell fans would like, and not having Wilson is hurting that a lot. But then again, he was hurt in the first game at PC and Lowell is still 5-1-2 in that stretch with 26 GF.

And jcarter, while I see what you're doing ... 2nd and 6th in HE are separated by less than 2 games, therefore there really aren't that many upsets in HE ... so stop that. Well, unless you're UMass.
              Monty

Comment

Hey! I dropped in here to check out the flame-fest. What are you people doing?

[fill in the blank] SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post

Much too quiet. Where's Patronick!?!
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post

UMLFan told me to stop

Comment

Anybody from Lowell heading up there? Pick up some Heady Topper on your way back. It's the only redeeming product of that state. Well, that and Harpoon's Double Bag.

Comment

The Crackheads sweep the Hempheads.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          UMLFan told me to stop
                          Not at all. More just in regards to the 2nd and 7th place comments.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Much too quiet. Where's Patronick!?!
                            Trolling the BC thread

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                              Anybody from Lowell heading up there? Pick up some Heady Topper on your way back. It's the only redeeming product of that state. Well, that and Harpoon's Double Bag.
                              I'm heading up Friday with five other friends for both games. I will be trying to find some Heady while I'm up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X