X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHA Playoffs

With a weekend to go here is what we know:

Mercyhurst has locked up the top seed.

Seeds 2 to 5 are open between Bentley, Air Force, UConn and Robert Morris. Three of them get byes and the 4th will host Army which is locked in as the 12 seed.

Canisius and Niagara have home ice in the first round but can end up anywhere from 6th to 8th.

The last home ice spot is still up for grabs but Holy Cross has a very strong claim to it needing only 1 point against Army to claim it or 1 point from UConn over Sacred Heart. Holy Cross could finish 6th to 9th.

Sacred Heart could take it if it sweeps UConn and Army sweeps Holy Cross. So Sacred Heart could finish 8th to 11th. Realistically Sacred Heart is likely on the road though.

Head to head Tie breakers keep AIC and RIT from catching Holy Cross. So they both can finish anywhere from 9th to 11th.

Re: AHA Playoffs

Just as important is who is entering the playoffs hot vs. cold. Mercyhurst is en fuego, and Bentley is getting cold. Neither UConn nor Air Force seems to be making strong finish. Meanwhile, Robert Morris seems to be playing well down the final stretch.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Robert Morris is the hottest team in the AHA having lost only 2 of their last 13 games. They play Mercyhurst with a chance for getting a bye this weekend. While Mercyhurst has the top spot locked up nobody wants to go into a bye week having been swept so it should be very interesting to see what happens there. Other sleepers are Niagara and Sacred Heart both which are vastly improved from the early season. There are a lot of goaltenders who can steal the show for many teams too especially among the top 5 teams.

Comment

Which teams are poised for an "upset" in the first round? SHU finished strong and is facing a Canisius squad that tailed off in the end.

I see the other three matchups holding serve.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
          Which teams are poised for an "upset" in the first round? SHU finished strong and is facing a Canisius squad that tailed off in the end.

RIT came in winning their last 3, so I think they have a chance for an upset.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Not sure the Tigers winning will be an upset but it would make me very happy.......so far, so good!
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

So, which teams are poised for an upset in the quarters? I do not expect any upsets, but I think some series may go three games.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                So, which teams are poised for an upset in the quarters? I do not expect any upsets, but I think some series may go three games.
                Hate to say this, but Canisius is my upset pick if forced to make one.

:-(

Comment

Hate to say this, but Canisius is my upset pick if forced to make one.

:-(
                  I am thinking that the Falcons might cough up the game tonight, but then come back to win tomorrow and Sunday, when the students are back.

Comment

I am thinking that the Falcons might cough up the game tonight, but then come back to win tomorrow and Sunday, when the students are back.

One never knows, what kind of crowds are you expecting for each night?
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      One never knows, what kind of crowds are you expecting for each night?
                      Slim crowd tonight, as undefeated women's basketball team is hosting first game of conference tournament on campus at 6 pm.

Comment

Anyone other than Niagara fans aware that the Purple Eagles were snowed in and had to take a charter out today.

Comment

Working...
                        X