X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ SCSU, Two Like-Minded Institutions Battle For All the Nachos

Proceed.

Re: UND @ SCSU, Two Like-Minded Institutions Battle For All the Nachos

I'm getting the hockey question out of the way early so I can focus on more important things, like calling SCSU fans hicks. Who is the #1 seed if the season ended today? SCSU because of head to head or UND because they have more conference wins?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      I'm getting the hockey question out of the way early so I can focus on more important things, like calling SCSU fans hicks. Who is the #1 seed if the season ended today? SCSU because of head to head or UND because they have more conference wins?
      UND

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/878714-tie-breakers

That does seem odd, by the way.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Another odd statistic. I think these will be UND's only games on an Olympic sized ice sheet this year.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          That is crazy.

Comment

If I was Bob Motzko, I would resign from coaching SCSU. This series is going to be ugly for the Huskies and the soulless concrete center.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux_fan View Post
              If I was Bob Motzko, I would resign from coaching SCSU. This series is going to be ugly for the Huskies and the soulless concrete center.

I seem to recall hearing similar things when we went up there.
              How'd that work out again?
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

How's little Mitchy doing up there? Has he made it up to Rocco's 12th Apostle or is he still riding the pine as Mary Magdalene?
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                  That is crazy.
                  It also means that only UND has a chance to clinch the #1 seed next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux_fan View Post
                    Aw, that's cute. You guys think your team is good.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

well we are ahead of st cloud... not that this is anything to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        How's little Mitchy doing up there? Has he made it up to Rocco's 12th Apostle or is he still riding the pine as Mary Magdalene?
                        He scored in Duluth tonight. Then again, so did Super Mario Lamoureux I think.

Insanely odd in that with two weekends to go, either team can guarantee their name engraved on the trophy with a sweep. Even odder, not that I think its likely, but in the scenario that SCSU sweeps, then gets swept at CC and UND sweeps WMU, St. Cloud could go 4-0-0 against UND and lose the tiebreaker.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          well we are ahead of st cloud... not that this is anything to brag about.
                          In terms of a lame tiebreaker only, but if you want to hang your hat on that, ok then.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            In terms of a lame tiebreaker only, but if you want to hang your hat on that, ok then.
                            Yeah wily! If you want to hang your hat on the actual rules, use facts and believe UND should be in first because they have more wins, go ahead! But facts, much like deodorant, ain't welcome in Stearns County! So you best watch out.
                            Last edited by Dirty; 02-22-2014, 11:09 PM.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              maybe you have inhaled a bit too much snowmobile exhaust but I said being in front of st cloud was nothing to brag about...

Comment

Working...
                              X