PDA

View Full Version : UND @ SCSU, Two Like-Minded Institutions Battle For All the Nachos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Pump It Up
02-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Proceed.

Dirty
02-22-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm getting the hockey question out of the way early so I can focus on more important things, like calling SCSU fans hicks. Who is the #1 seed if the season ended today? SCSU because of head to head or UND because they have more conference wins?

SJHovey
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm getting the hockey question out of the way early so I can focus on more important things, like calling SCSU fans hicks. Who is the #1 seed if the season ended today? SCSU because of head to head or UND because they have more conference wins?
UND

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/878714-tie-breakers

That does seem odd, by the way.

SJHovey
02-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Another odd statistic. I think these will be UND's only games on an Olympic sized ice sheet this year.

omahasioux1
02-22-2014, 09:58 PM
UND

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/878714-tie-breakers

That does seem odd, by the way.That is crazy.

Sioux_fan
02-22-2014, 10:25 PM
If I was Bob Motzko, I would resign from coaching SCSU. This series is going to be ugly for the Huskies and the soulless concrete center.

First Time, Long Time
02-22-2014, 10:26 PM
If I was Bob Motzko, I would resign from coaching SCSU. This series is going to be ugly for the Huskies and the soulless concrete center.

I seem to recall hearing similar things when we went up there.
How'd that work out again?

Dude Love
02-22-2014, 10:33 PM
How's little Mitchy doing up there? Has he made it up to Rocco's 12th Apostle or is he still riding the pine as Mary Magdalene?

SJHovey
02-22-2014, 10:38 PM
That is crazy.
It also means that only UND has a chance to clinch the #1 seed next week.

Tipsy McStagger
02-22-2014, 10:39 PM

Aw, that's cute. You guys think your team is good.

willythekid
02-22-2014, 10:48 PM
well we are ahead of st cloud... not that this is anything to brag about.

SCSU Euro
02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
How's little Mitchy doing up there? Has he made it up to Rocco's 12th Apostle or is he still riding the pine as Mary Magdalene?

He scored in Duluth tonight. Then again, so did Super Mario Lamoureux I think.

Insanely odd in that with two weekends to go, either team can guarantee their name engraved on the trophy with a sweep. Even odder, not that I think its likely, but in the scenario that SCSU sweeps, then gets swept at CC and UND sweeps WMU, St. Cloud could go 4-0-0 against UND and lose the tiebreaker. :eek:

First Time, Long Time
02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
well we are ahead of st cloud... not that this is anything to brag about.

In terms of a lame tiebreaker only, but if you want to hang your hat on that, ok then.

Dirty
02-22-2014, 11:07 PM
In terms of a lame tiebreaker only, but if you want to hang your hat on that, ok then.

Yeah wily! If you want to hang your hat on the actual rules, use facts and believe UND should be in first because they have more wins, go ahead! But facts, much like deodorant, ain't welcome in Stearns County! So you best watch out.

willythekid
02-22-2014, 11:08 PM

maybe you have inhaled a bit too much snowmobile exhaust but I said being in front of st cloud was nothing to brag about...

First Time, Long Time
02-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Yeah wily! If you want to hang your hat on the actual rules and use facts, go ahead! But facts, much like deodorant, ain't welcome in Stearns County! So you best watch out.

So it's a fact, still lame that head to head isn't the first tie-breaker between 2 tied teams.
Won't matter with a series win anyway.

First Time, Long Time
02-22-2014, 11:11 PM
maybe you have inhaled a bit too much snowmobile exhaust but I said being in front of st cloud was nothing to brag about...

Yet you are doing it anyway...
And i'd rather inhale snowmobile exhaust than smell that sugarbeet plant.

SiouxFanatic
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM

It needed to be officially reiterated by a St. Cloud fan.

Dirty
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM
So it's a fact, still lame that head to head isn't the first tie-breaker between 2 tied teams.
Won't matter with a series win anyway.

Probably shouldn't have lost to Miami. Then those pesky rules and facts wouldn't apply.

So if and when UND and SCSU tie for the league, will SCSU fans whine if they don't get the trophy first? Will it make you feel better if we give you first dibs?

First Time, Long Time
02-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Probably shouldn't have lost to Miami. Then those pesky rules and facts wouldn't apply.

So if and when UND and SCSU tie for the league, will SCSU fans whine if they don't get the trophy first? Will it make you feel better if we give you first dibs?

Don't care.
Just make sure to wash the contamination off it afterwards if it happens to come to you first.