PDA

View Full Version : BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63

Tater
09-26-2014, 02:12 PM
In the "This Is Pretty Cool" department, if you are a BU season ticket holder, you can use your phone at the turnstile to enter the arena instead of using a ticket.

Anyone catch Jack Eichel in the Prospects Game last night?

goalguard
09-26-2014, 02:26 PM
A three-goal outburst over six minutes of the third period turned a closely played, 3-2 affair after two periods into a 6-3 win for Team Grier over Team Olczyk at the 2014 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game that took place at First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY.

The stars on the evening for Mike Grier’s squad were forwards Jack Eichel, who netted a goal and added an assist; Jeremy Bracco, who potted two goals; Jordan Greenway, who setup a goal apiece for Eichel and Bracco; and Alec Baer, who netted the first goal of the contest and added an assist on a goal by Karch Bachman.

Team Grier defenseman Brandon Carlo also assisted on a pair of goals to star from the blueline, while starting goaltender Mike Opilka stopped 22 of 23 shots in nearly 30 minutes of work. The 22 saves were the most by any goaltender that has competed at the three prospect games held to date.

Eichel, a freshman at Boston University and a top prospect for the 2015 NHL Draft, was named the Player of the Game.

mookie1995
09-26-2014, 08:08 PM
In the "This Is Pretty Cool" department, if you are a BU season ticket holder, you can use your phone at the turnstile to enter the arena instead of using a ticket.

Anyone catch Jack Eichel in the Prospects Game last night?

what's up with that stupid ticket "book" though :confused:

Tater
09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
what's up with that stupid ticket "book" though :confused:

I thought the ticket booklet was a nice touch.

Bomber
09-29-2014, 04:21 PM
We're #20! We're #20! We're #20!!!!

ericredaxe
09-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Is there really a game this Saturday? Seems too early for Hockey.

Bomber
09-29-2014, 04:56 PM

There is! And if The Boy Wonder doesn't score 2 and the team doesn't win by at least 3, I'm burning my tickets. :)

mookie1995
09-29-2014, 05:43 PM

At 4 pm :(

Scarlet
09-29-2014, 06:15 PM
There is! And if The Boy Wonder doesn't score 2 and the team doesn't win by at least 3, I'm burning my tickets. :)

You know, last time we had a Boy Wonder freshman, he scored three in an exhibition In early October and then it took months to get three regular season goals. I'd be ok with zero or none this Saturday provided this year's Boy Wonder scores a plenty during the regular season.

Rogie21
09-29-2014, 09:23 PM
OTB's recruit class rankings are out. BU 1, BC 2, Notre Dame 4, Providence 15.
http://overtheboards.net/2014-college-hockey-recruiting-class-rankings/

Tater
09-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Impressive write up on BU recruits and future recruiting. I like the point made that Quinn and Greeley got many of these recruits this past season at a point when the big names had already been committed. They did the best they could with the uncommitted talent that was left and they did pretty well. '15 and '16 classes are showing what they can do when they have a little more time. The talent is coming and we need to see how they are coached when they get here, but the future is definitely brighter. Sounds like we may need some patience with this current class but the second half could be exciting.

On another note, what has happened to Maine and New Hampshire recruiting? Neither makes the top 15. What was the "Big 4" has been broken up the last few seasons and it looks like that will continue.

Rogie21
09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
OTB does a great job covering recruiting. My only disagreement with the BU write-up is calling Piccinich a playmaker, unless that means he makes plays. He's a finisher too, having led the USHL in power play goals. Quinn's comment about him: strong on his skates and gets to the dirty areas... game translates well to college hockey.

From BU Today, a must read for anyone who attended BU--The Dugout's very colorful history.
http://www.bu.edu/today/2014/the-little-dive-with-a-long-history/

Rover
09-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Impressive write up on BU recruits and future recruiting. I like the point made that Quinn and Greeley got many of these recruits this past season at a point when the big names had already been committed. They did the best they could with the uncommitted talent that was left and they did pretty well. '15 and '16 classes are showing what they can do when they have a little more time. The talent is coming and we need to see how they are coached when they get here, but the future is definitely brighter. Sounds like we may need some patience with this current class but the second half could be exciting.

On another note, what has happened to Maine and New Hampshire recruiting? Neither makes the top 15. What was the "Big 4" has been broken up the last few seasons and it looks like that will continue.

UNH = Senile coach hanging around 15 years too long....:eek:
Maine = stopped paying players so nobody wants to waste 4 years in a place colder and less interesting than the South Pole.

Aerman
09-30-2014, 11:42 AM
UNH = Senile coach hanging around 15 years too long....:eek:

Now, now. Fifteen years ago was right in the sweet spot for UNH. :) Call it seven or so, think that was the last time they found the top of the pairwise. :(

ericredaxe
09-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm browsing around the Agganis Website and I can't seem to figure it out…. can someone tell me how to sign up for our tickets for the Walter Brown game?

Tater
09-30-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm browsing around the Agganis Website and I can't seem to figure it out…. can someone tell me how to sign up for our tickets for the Walter Brown game?

Off the main Agganis website front page there is a button for season ticket holder resources. Or you can click on the link below.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/agganis/EN/rofr/offers/H4WBAXX

ericredaxe
09-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Off the main Agganis website front page there is a button for season ticket holder resources. Or you can click on the link below.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/agganis/EN/rofr/offers/H4WBAXX

Strange… I click there and I only get the option to order Beanpot tickets… I'll be making the call to Agganis tomorrow!

On a brighter note, I got a call from Tommy Kelly tonight telling me about free tickets in the account for Saturdays game. Thats a nice touch, and the extra tickets are a nice perk.

J.D.
10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
He has had some good information in the past that he's "broke," however, it's usually about the same time as someone like Hoky posts about it, he just doesn't have a Twitter account. Blog kid is usually 50/50 whether he gets the story completely or mostly right, about the same rate as Hoky. Blog kid also likes to gin up the story and add his own rhetoric to increase the wow factor.

keep beating this drum. you're still wrong and why would it matter who reports something after the kid already did? how would that say anything about him? now of course hoky will always claim he already knew every story that breaks so that just doesn't mean anything to me. i will say the kid has gotten increasingly annoying with the over the top homerism. like saying something about being able to beat an nhl team and that BC should always have the #1 recruiting class, etc.

Friend_of_BU_Hockey
10-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Strange… I click there and I only get the option to order Beanpot tickets… I'll be making the call to Agganis tomorrow!

On a brighter note, I got a call from Tommy Kelly tonight telling me about free tickets in the account for Saturdays game. Thats a nice touch, and the extra tickets are a nice perk.

I believe the WBA game ticket "deadline" was Friday September 19th. However, I don't think you should have any issues w/ placing your request (and having it fulfilled) since the only info provided about the deadline was under Season Ticket Holder Resources. Placed our request a couple of weeks ago and confirmed we got our old WBA seats for the game.

Having the players do a phoneathon to season tix holders is a good touch and is something I hope they do going forward before the start of each season.

Rover
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Having the players do a phoneathon to season tix holders is a good touch and is something I hope they do going forward before the start of each season.

I was awful tempted to tell the player that called me "Remember, no means no" but I resisted the urge....;)