PDA

View Full Version : BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

Parker Ranger
02-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Can you imagine? This thread would blow up and go into double digit incarnations.

Didn't Baldwin get suplexed some Beanpots ago?

ericredaxe
02-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Will the team somehow rise from the ashes and "win one for the gipper" on Jack Parker night?

BU2K
02-24-2014, 06:39 PM
I look at the thread title and all I can think of is: That's what got Nicastro in trouble...

coachhockeybob
02-24-2014, 06:52 PM
You do not want that, how about a tie,? a tie does not send them West...a win does.....most likely.

sterlippo1
02-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Will the team somehow rise from the ashes and "win one for the gipper" on Jack Parker night?

I'd be more concerned with scoring a goal at this point . You have to walk before you run, just saying. Seriously though, have they just quit? This is insane

northeastern
02-24-2014, 10:55 PM

think it'll be a close couple gms.. I actually see a split even though i'd love a sweep.

anyway, in the meanwhile have Quinn view Red.. (gotta love Red)..

wait for it..
wait..

it's at the 6:10 mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muVpFOmnSg&feature=share
(thanks to the Maine thread for link)..
:)

chickod
02-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Seriously though, have they just quit? This is insane

I have been asking myself that every time I watch...and I always come to the same conclusion: it looks as though they really care (or enough of them do)...I know it sounds like a ridiculous answer (I guess because we're just not used to seeing them be this bad), but I just don't think they have much talent. As for "what about the top leftovers from last year?" I think when you are an achiever and you start to realize that you have no chance for a successful season, you kind of "sink" to the level of the others. You may say that's not very good leadership, but it's demoralizing to not only continually lose, but to come to the realization that you have almost no chance to win, and even if you win ONE, you will probably lose the next three in a row. It's the same theory as to why great players generally do not become good coaches, because they have a difficult time accepting mediocrity. A season carries momentum...just as winning begets winning, the opposite happens as well.

Jacques Joubert
02-25-2014, 09:12 AM
These guys will not be close. NU has too much to play for and is too good while BU wants to "get this nightmare of a season over with".

NU 4 BU 1
NU 4 BU 0

Rover
02-25-2014, 09:18 AM
I look at the thread title and all I can think of is: That's what got Nicastro in trouble...

You just got yourself a 10 minute major for that one. :mad:

Whatever happened to Fidel anyway? ;)

Regarding whether they've quit or not, I don't think they have either as they played in good game in the Beanpot for example. As Ty said to Al Czervik on the golf course..."hey c'mon now, you're just, you know, you're just not that good. You stink, Al".

mpereira
02-25-2014, 11:16 AM
You just got yourself a 10 minute major for that one. :mad:

Whatever happened to Fidel anyway? ;)

I realize you probably weren't legitimately asking what happened to him but it appears he is in the ECHL with the Toledo Walleye (http://echl.com/stats/player.php?id=4584)
Apparently a Walleye is a fish because I had to look that up too once I saw the team name. 15 assists in 47 games, -13 +/- isn't exactly lighting it up though

pirate
02-25-2014, 11:56 AM
I have been asking myself that every time I watch...and I always come to the same conclusion: it looks as though they really care (or enough of them do)...I know it sounds like a ridiculous answer (I guess because we're just not used to seeing them be this bad), but I just don't think they have much talent. As for "what about the top leftovers from last year?" I think when you are an achiever and you start to realize that you have no chance for a successful season, you kind of "sink" to the level of the others. You may say that's not very good leadership, but it's demoralizing to not only continually lose, but to come to the realization that you have almost no chance to win, and even if you win ONE, you will probably lose the next three in a row. It's the same theory as to why great players generally do not become good coaches, because they have a difficult time accepting mediocrity. A season carries momentum...just as winning begets winning, the opposite happens as well.

We're a perfectly timed winning streak away from a NC. Only has to be a dozen games or so. :D

mookie1995
02-25-2014, 11:59 AM
We're a perfectly timed winning streak away from a NC. Only has to be a dozen games or so. :D

So bu has NO shot at reaching .500 :D

Rover
02-25-2014, 12:10 PM
I realize you probably weren't legitimately asking what happened to him but it appears he is in the ECHL with the Toledo Walleye (http://echl.com/stats/player.php?id=4584)
Apparently a Walleye is a fish because I had to look that up too once I saw the team name. 15 assists in 47 games, -13 +/- isn't exactly lighting it up though

I was half curious what he was up to, and not just because there's been a rash of indecent assaults in several Boston neighborhoods recently.

Fidel had potential, but I got the sense he wasn't living up to his talent on the ice so it doesn't surprise me he's buried in a place like Toledo. After a season there he probably wishes he got sent to The House Of Striped Sunshine instead. :D

chickod
02-25-2014, 12:11 PM

There you go! We've been hiding in the weeds, waiting to sneak up on teams! That's been DQ's strategy all along! :D

Bomber
02-25-2014, 12:21 PM
There you go! We've been hiding in the weeds, waiting to sneak up on teams! That's been DQ's strategy all along! :D

Only have to win 7 in a row! (After they dump both NU games.) We can do it!!!!!! :)

mookie1995
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Only have to win 7 in a row! (After they dump both NU games.) We can do it!!!!!! :)

Play in 1
Hea qf 2
Hea finals 2
Regional 2
Frozen four 2

northeastern
02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Nicely written.. had a chance to meet him this season down in Providence. Could not believe how unassuming (& small) he was.. but not on the ice..

hope he does it again.. g'luck David

http://bdcwire.com/why-every-boston-hockey-fan-should-be-rooting-for-david-warsofsky/

coachhockeybob
02-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Play in 1
Hea qf 2
Hea finals 2
Regional 2
Frozen four 2

Here is my prediction and hope.....Play in vs Vermont , they beat them before, they got a chance.
Lowest seed plays BC Hea qf vs BC, after 2/3 close games, they find a way to win 2. Just like last season in Semis
Hea Finals vs UML They tied them, so once again they find a way to win...

Then I woke up.......

pirate
02-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Here is my prediction and hope.....Play in vs Vermont , they beat them before, they got a chance.
Lowest seed plays BC Hea qf vs BC, after 2/3 close games, they find a way to win 2. Just like last season in Semis
Hea Finals vs UML They tied them, so once again they find a way to win...

Then I woke up.......

Our scorers are well-rested.

CDRAL
02-25-2014, 07:11 PM
I have a friend who is looking for 2 tickets to Friday night's home game. Please respond here with contact points.

Thanks

CDRAL