Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    Before the pleas for renewing season tickets start to arrive, does anyone have any info on non-conference games next year? I believe UConn comes in next year so we're back to 5 non conference games including the beanpot
    what brian said...
    last season it was 10 teams with 3 games each (9x3)
    this year 11 with 2 games each (20)
    next season 12 with 2 each (11x2)

so we still have gained 5 ooc games over the old rules.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

On the basketball pricing thing I'm more in agreement with Brian and defkit.... $22 in and of itself is not so bad I guess, but given that there is at best marginal interest in this team, why throw up any road blocks at all. At $10 a ticket I'd likely bring my whole family, at $22 I'm debating if I want to go or not by myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Before the pleas for renewing season tickets start to arrive, does anyone have any info on non-conference games next year? I believe UConn comes in next year so we're back to 5 non conference games including the beanpot
        They usually at least highlight a couple of the better OOC games when they start sendin out the renewals.

Do any teams "owe" us a visit?

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          On the basketball pricing thing I'm more in agreement with Brian and defkit.... $22 in and of itself is not so bad I guess, but given that there is at best marginal interest in this team, why throw up any road blocks at all. At $10 a ticket I'd likely bring my whole family, at $22 I'm debating if I want to go or not by myself.
          BU Athletics stated that the Patriot League sets the prices which is unfortunate and makes no sense. I see they also sent out an email that alumni from 2004 onward can get $5 tickets. So that is a big start and should greatly help attendance. I guess if you just turned 32 you are screwed.

I agree it's not the $22 per se. It is the arrogance of raising tickets 57% from a game that had an attendance of just over 1,200. I can afford the $22 which is about the same price as a hockey ticket, but people don't like the feeling that they are being taken advantage of. Would much rather see a fully packed Agganis (with corresponding concession sales) at $14 than 2,500 at $22.
          Last edited by Tater; 03-09-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Over / Under on basketball attendance? About 2500?

Students are on spring break, which is too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              BU Athletics stated that the Patriot League sets the prices which is unfortunate and makes no sense.
              Every basketball conference tournament sets their own ticket prices. It's technically a Patriot League-run event, but a BU event. It's just hosted by BU. BU does not get advertising money from sponsors during the game, and I believe they do not get any ticket revenue.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Every basketball conference tournament sets their own ticket prices. It's technically a Patriot League-run event, but a BU event. It's just hosted by BU. BU does not get advertising money from sponsors during the game, and I believe they do not get any ticket revenue.
                Regardless, what Brian is saying is 100% correct. When I got the email my reaction was not "Wow 22 bucks, I can't afford that", it was more like "really, you are going to try to squeeze what few fans there are for 7 extra bucks?"... With the follow up reaction of "f-that, ill just skip it".

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Over / Under on basketball attendance? About 2500?

Students are on spring break, which is too bad.
                  If the snow doesn't hit again, doesn't it always? I'm betting there will be 4000 people there easy.
                  Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                    If the snow doesn't hit again, doesn't it always? I'm betting there will be 4000 people there easy.
                    Probably right. It's tough to figure people out. I went yesterday and it was only "1200" because they let people in for free at halftime. When the game started there were probably about 600 people there (maybe). I told my friend (who is VERY close the program) and he said "People will come out for a championship game but not a semi-final." I said but what about three years ago - that was also a Saturday afternoon and they had to have had 5000 there. He replied, "But that was a championship game." So I said "You mean to tell me that on a beautiful WEEKEND afternoon, with the temperature 55 degrees, people won't go to the game because it's a semi-final instead of a final?" He said "Yes."

Well, he was right. I don't understand people...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                      doubt that, they didn't come close to that against Stony Brook, and that number included SB bringing something like 12 bus loads of fans.

Edit: They came close, but did not break it, attendance was 3845, but a good 25% of those were SB fans. Won't be nearly as many AU people on a Wednesday.
                      Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-09-2014, 02:18 PM.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        They usually at least highlight a couple of the better OOC games when they start sendin out the renewals.

Do any teams "owe" us a visit?
                        Michigan and Michigan State, perhaps.

And, of course, we will get two games with Notre Dame and Jeff Jackson's bore-them-to-death Irish.
                        The three most boring teams to watch style-wise are Lowell, Notre Dame and Vermont. At least we won't have to see Vermont at home next season.

Comment

duh duh duh
                          duh duh duh
                          duh duh duh duh DUH duh duh!!

bu beats bc yet again in a hea playoff

well done girls!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            duh duh duh
                            duh duh duh
                            duh duh duh duh DUH duh duh!!

bu beats bc yet again in a hea playoff

well done girls!!
                            Threepeat and champions 4 out of last 5 years. Durocher has built quite the program into right now a Hockey East dynasty. Only bad thing is that they are likely to be paired against 1 loss Minnesota in the NCAAs.

Comment

Only bad thing is that they are likely to be paired against 1 loss Minnesota in the NCAAs.
                              Well RIT upset Mercyhurst in the CHA Championship so I assume they get the honor of playing Minnesota in the 1st round.

Comment

Threepeat and champions 4 out of last 5 years. Durocher has built quite the program into right now a Hockey East dynasty. Only bad thing is that they are likely to be paired against 1 loss Minnesota in the NCAAs.
                                Yes, kudos to Durocher for so much achieved in a program just nine years old. With Poulin returning along with a couple of key players who missed the year with injuries and two forwards from Canada's national U18s, he'll have plenty of horses to pursue a conference four-peat.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X