UAA @ Ferris State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA @ Ferris State

So, I hadn't seen a thread yet, so I thought I'd start it before Pony's start flying around.

Ferris St. has no doubt been the cream of the crop in the nWCHA this year, but have 'kinda' settled down in the past few weeks. UAA coming off of another decent weekend @home against BGSU, including 2 3rd period comebacks(tie and win), pivotal in getting that 3rd place for right now, albeit only 2pts ahead of 3 teams(one of which we play H2H to determine Governor's Cup.)

Interesting stat I heard from Kurt H.(play by play) or David T.(color man) for UAA, UAA has their most goals scored in the 3rd period, then I saw Ferris St. has their most goals in the 1st period(overall standings.) So I would suppose keeping them grounded early on is a necessity.

A win or a tie is a definite to keep UAA in the hunt for home ice, a win would be better(obviously), but 2 wins in the last 4 games should be enough. And no team wants to make that trek to AK for a playoff series, behind Ferris St. and MSUM, best team on home ice.

Go 'Wolves!!!
    Last edited by UAA Fan in Florida; 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM.
    Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Re: UAA @ Ferris State

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
    So, I hadn't seen a thread yet, so I thought I'd start it before Pony's start flying around.

Ferris St. has no doubt been the cream of the crop in the nWCHA this year, but have 'kinda' settled down in the past few weeks. UAA coming off of another decent weekend @home against BGSU, including 2 3rd period comebacks(tie and win), pivotal in getting that 3rd place for right now, albeit only 2pts ahead of 3 teams(one of which we play H2H to determine Governor's Cup.)

Interesting stat I heard from Kurt H.(play by play) or David T.(color man) for UAA, UAA has their most goals scored in the 3rd period, then I saw Ferris St. has their most goals in the 1st period(overall standings.) So I would suppose keeping them grounded early on is a necessity.

A win or a tie is a definite to keep UAA in the hunt for home ice, a win would be better(obviously), but 2 wins in the last 4 games should be enough. And no team wants to make that trek to AK for a playoff series, behind Ferris St. and MSUM, best team on home ice.

Go 'Wolves!!!
    Thanks for starting the thread! I hope UAA doesn't let Ferris get too much of a jump on them, but they have shown they can come back from behind. I'm a bit concerned by what I read on the WCHA thread about their ice rink. Sounds like the corners are a bit unusual, giving the home team an advantage. The mentality for these games should be playoff hockey. Go Seawolves!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Thanks for starting the thread! I hope UAA doesn't let Ferris get too much of a jump on them, but they have shown they can come back from behind. I'm a bit concerned by what I read on the WCHA thread about their ice rink. Sounds like the corners are a bit unusual, giving the home team an advantage. The mentality for these games should be playoff hockey. Go Seawolves!
      At least pucks dont hit the ceiling like in the Ferris barn...
      Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Funny Corners??? Funny bounces??? Maybe not a regulation sized rink??? Maybe???
        A guy with a heck of a lot more hockey moxey than me, when asked, gave this advice about how to play there:
        "Just shoot the Fing puck every time you find it on your stick!"
        Another buddy who gives me this advice on a regular basis no matter what the rink: "Old Chinese proverb: Want to win? Shoot the puck".
        Hope our guys have this mind set for the weekend!

Comment

We need two points, at the very least. Anything and everything will happen in squarebanks. Go Wolves!!
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

As for Ferris's barn, the ice is regulation. 200 x 85, or that is how it is listed on the FSU website. It's not olympic ice, but its home. It has a low roof so the place can get very loud and create a great home ice advantage. I have not seen the Seawolves play this season, so I can't say how they are. However, Ferris can play very well at home and has been tough to beat. I hope the weather doesn't effect the Friday night attendance. We are scheduled to get an ice storm and 50 mph winds Thursday and Friday. We have so much snow around here that if we get much rain with this system flooding may become a major issue. I think Saturdays game is a sellout. Friday's game still had some tickets for sale.

My son and I ran in to a couple Alaska players last night at FSU rink, (Son's hockey practice), and we wished them luck, but told them we boo loud when they are announced! They said that they may, just may, have more snow than we do, but its close.

It should be a great weekend of hockey and I expect Ferris to be in playoff mode with the idea of putting some distance between them and MSU.

GO FERRIS!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Funny Corners??? Funny bounces??? Maybe not a regulation sized rink??? Maybe???
              A guy with a heck of a lot more hockey moxey than me, when asked, gave this advice about how to play there:
              "Just shoot the Fing puck every time you find it on your stick!"
              Another buddy who gives me this advice on a regular basis no matter what the rink: "Old Chinese proverb: Want to win? Shoot the puck".
              Hope our guys have this mind set for the weekend!
              On the WCHA thread a couple fans have said the radius of the corners is different and that the puck bounces around like a ping pong ball.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Don't forget that the games will be televised at the Crossbar this weekend. I believe the penalty box area is reserved for Friday.

Be great to have a lot of fans there.....
                GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Just found out something I didn't know. The gentleman who literally works in the same office as I do(I mean, 5 feet away,) went to Ferris St. I showed some footage from the WCHA plays of the week, and he said their barn hadn't changed much at all(he graduated in '91.) :O)

I would like for the boys to just wallop them on their home ice, but I would settle for at least a split at this point, then we would own UA_.

Go 'Wolves!
                  Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
                    Just found out something I didn't know. The gentleman who literally works in the same office as I do(I mean, 5 feet away,) went to Ferris St. I showed some footage from the WCHA plays of the week, and he said their barn hadn't changed much at all(he graduated in '91.) :O)

I would like for the boys to just wallop them on their home ice, but I would settle for at least a split at this point, then we would own UA_.

Go 'Wolves!
                    Their rink is a joke. They try to cover it up by saying their student section is "loud." Just beat te **** out of them and hope they don't take any cheap shots at you. They went to the NCAAs twice and ALMOST wont a frozen four if it werent for the 4 goals the other team scored.... They like to remind people of that. Ferris is not a state...
                    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

I'm just really nervous in general for tomorrow...
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I'm just really nervous in general for tomorrow...
                        my advise to the boys
                        Foil up, … take no prisoners .
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
                          Don't forget that the games will be televised at the Crossbar this weekend. I believe the penalty box area is reserved for Friday.

Be great to have a lot of fans there.....
                          You buying?
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                            Their rink is a joke. They try to cover it up by saying their student section is "loud." Just beat te **** out of them and hope they don't take any cheap shots at you. They went to the NCAAs twice and ALMOST wont a frozen four if it werent for the 4 goals the other team scored.... They like to remind people of that. Ferris is not a state...
                            That is a low shot from what I would guess is a Western Fan................... What place is Western in this year???? I have not heard much noise from K-zoo this year.....

As for dumps, the last time I was at Lawson the place was 1/2 full and dirty. Western Michigan has a couple above average years and the fans start thinking they are a B10 program..... Have fun in last place!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                              Ferris is not a state...
                              It's a wheel.

Comment

Working...
                              X