2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats Part II: The final push towards Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats Part II: The final push towards Philadelphia

Bummed out I can't be at the game tonight, but will be there tomorrow (and for game three, if necessary). Per Larson's request, I have worn my QU scarf to work every day this week, so hopefully that brings is some good Mojo (get it, Thx?) this weekend.

Go Bobcats. Beat Yale.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
      Bummed out I can't be at the game tonight, but will be there tomorrow (and for game three, if necessary). Per Larson's request, I have worn my QU scarf to work every day this week, so hopefully that brings is some good Mojo (get it, Thx?) this weekend.

Go Bobcats. Beat Yale.
      I GET IT! Also, I'm wearing my jersey at lunch with my grandmother. IN THE MOOD.

Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
        I feel like most years, the week of the ECAC finals, the conference releases that it's partnered with Fox Sports Mountain West Idaho to broadcast the 3 championship weekend games. Not a good look.
        FOX College Sports Atlantic, by the way, has the semifinals and finals this year, according to the league's website.

Good luck finding it on your cable system.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          You travelling alone or dragging dad with you?

BEAT YALE!
          I'll be there in spirit.

BEAT YALE!!!

Comment

Less than 4 hrs to game time you 5. You have until 7PM tonight.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

1st round contestants who have not submitted picks:

arickeo
            Jack T. Ripper
            Nyhockeyguy
            ufanbill
            UnionTDX04
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
              FOX College Sports Atlantic, by the way, has the semifinals and finals this year, according to the league's website.

Good luck finding it on your cable system.
              I think that's who had it last year actually. Was surprisingly available on Comcast... though we do have the sports cable package so probably why.

Comment

JSTis dressed tonight while Federico is still out. Garteig has to play a solid game as well as the young D
                Quinnipiac University '15
                ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                ECAC Championship: 2016
                NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

6-2 to the Good Guys.

Comment

Great win tonight. Let's get that second one to send Yale into an early offseason,
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

That came could have easily been 9-0. Three missed wide-open nets for the good guys and a string of really dumb penalties that set up Yale's two power-play goals.

#savesomegoalsfortomorrownight

The Cliftons were very good all night. Same for St. Denis. The Joneses were splendid, too. Anas had a little bit of trouble settling pucks as he wanted to shoot. And, man, I wish Peca would have let loose a shot or two. Anyway, good effort. Let's end it!

Comment

What. A. Game. Not total domination, but darn close. 5 on 5 they had nothing for us. Possibly the worst Yale performance I've ever witnessed. When they came out for the start of the 3rd I counted no less than 3 Eli's slamming their sticks against the boards in disgust... before the period even started!

Our forecheck was terrific, D was solid, and Garteig did what he needed to when he could. Yale's first goal was a wide open man on the back door and the 2nd was a tip in front... nothing he could do on either.

Tomorrow they need to come out and do more of the same. Jump on the Bulldogs early and keep 'em pinned down. I'm sure Allain will adjust his game plan but I just don't think they have the horses.

Game 2 tomorrow...

BEAT YALE!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Some Video Highlights of the Game Compliments of QU's Stream Team are at:

http://youtu.be/ZMdwHxyTBm0

Comment

Save for five minutes tonight, I'd say that pretty close to domination. Really, save for ten minutes this year (five minute span in the first meeting that saw three goals), QU has really owned Yale.

Granted it doesn't really make up for last year, but it helps cope just a little bit. Big game tomorrow. I'd prefer no drama or theatrics, just another solid, winning effort.

Looking forward to being back in Hamden. Go Bobcats!

Comment

Sure looked like Yale just can't match up with Quinnipiac's speed. The Elis couldn't get control of the puck all night. No forecheck, which is something you do when you know you can't keep up.

Dominating performance. This team's defense isn't as good as it was last year, but I really think the offensive skill is even better. Funny that a defenseman gets a breakaway. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

Great seeing everyone tonight, BTW. Glad I was finally able to get up there this year.

Comment

Great win! Glad to see Saint get 2.

Ken
                                BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Working...
                                X