X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    My son's team (Verona) scrimmages Wausau West tonight, so I should get a chance to see Parcells (sp?) in person.

6'5" and 190? Yikes.

He's a good player but he's not without flaws. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts. I see him play all the time so I'm curious to hear other views on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      He's a good player but he's not without flaws. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts. I see him play all the time so I'm curious to hear other views on him.
      First off, I'm no scout or expert on talent. I do however believe in my ability to assess the eye test. Take my comments though for what they're worth - not much.

When we played GB Notre Dame last season, Stillwell jumped off the ice. Smooth and effortless is how I remember his play. Very noticeable and obvious as to why he was chosen to play D-1.

I didn't think that Parcells stood out. He was solid and quite tall (which you can't coach), but Wausau West has a pretty solid d core including two younger guys who played for TW and another senior captain (along with Parcells). He was in that mix - maybe slightly better, but not obviously so.

He made good decisions with the puck. At first he wasn't very physical, but picked it up as the night went on.

But to be honest, if I didn't know he was a Badger recruit, he wouldn't have caught my eye any more than a lot of other guys on the ice tonight - other than his height. Maybe he's a bit of a project?

Now I realize that this was a scrimmage, so it's possible that I didn't see his absolute a-game, but the action was pretty intense, so it's not like guys were just floating around.
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-23-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

1999-born Brock Caufield (Stevens Point) committed to Ohio State today. I know someone had asked me about him earlier in this thread. I know UW had some interest in him but I don't think it progressed to an offer. He's got some skills and I don't doubt he'll be a Division I player some day. I would not have made an offer at this point if I were the UW staff.

Also an interesting thing to note is the fact Matthew Tkachuk decommitted from Notre Dame this week. He grew up with Luke Opilka and Luke Kunin in St. Louis and all three are currently at the NTDP together. He'll likely end up in London in the OHL, but it's an interesting thing to watch.

Comment

1)Brock Boeser potentially opens up a roster spot at UW

2) Matthew Tkachuk decommits from Notre Dame shortly thereafter.

Those are facts. Nobody needs a grand jury investigation to know what's going on.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much...

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              1)Brock Boeser potentially opens up a roster spot at UW

2) Matthew Tkachuk decommits from Notre Dame shortly thereafter.

Those are facts. Nobody needs a grand jury investigation to know what's going on.
              To be honest I'm not 100 percent sure which one actually came first. Regardless, I know you're probably kidding, but they aren't related

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                To be honest I'm not 100 percent sure which one actually came first. Regardless, I know you're probably kidding, but they aren't related
                ... yet Although obviously the OHL has their ways
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Blow it up. Outside of Malone, there is not one legit prospect in the group of recruits for next year. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    ... yet

Exactly. I'm beginning to seriously question if our Chuck and Andy Johnson from the media are even the same person? I fear Chuck is totally failing at his job...

As I correctly spelled 'Tkachuk', I more than qualify as a "credible source with knowledge of the situation". The media's role here is to report my facts as facts! And Bonin's facts as denials of the facts! Then to just call up ND Rudy and Ron Dayne and print their complete denials of "having any knowledge of the situation."

This stuff isn't that hard. Especially when it involves kids from the Greater St. Louis Area! (sorry... too soon?)
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                      Blow it up. Outside of Malone, there is not one legit prospect in the group of recruits for next year. Back to the drawing board.
                      Preposterous statement of the year candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Exactly. I'm beginning to seriously question if our Chuck and Andy Johnson from the media are even the same person? I fear Chuck is totally failing at his job...

As I correctly spelled 'Tkachuk', I more than qualify as a "credible source with knowledge of the situation". The media's role here is to report my facts as facts! And Bonin's facts as denials of the facts! Then to just call up ND Rudy and Ron Dayne and print their complete denials of "having any knowledge of the situation."

This stuff isn't that hard. Especially when it involves kids from the Greater St. Louis Area! (sorry... too soon?)
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          I want a media frenzy, a real firestorm over this kid. Then we get Jesse Jackson or someone similar to wade in there with a NLI in hand and sign him up. But it ain't happening without 24 hour coverage...

Also Chuck just announced a contest for preposterous statements of the year. Don't you follow him?
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

ronnieb is the new hokydad

Comment

Wrote a little bit more about the Boeser situation today if anyone is interested. Nothing earth shattering, but it gives a little outlook at what's ahead. LINK

Comment

Nice article as per usual Andy. You should be paid for this quality of work!
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X