X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Connor Hurley isn't coming, he signed a letter of intent with Notre Dame. You guys are smarter than that.

Cullen is a good addition for what Wisconsin has left in scholarship money (not much). Great locker room guy, good character addition. Also, it's not finalized that Hughes will be in Madison next season but I'm under the impression it's likely going to happen. Likely leaves one more spot left for another (Cullen) Hurley type kid.

And yeah, this is not the news I was talking about. Come on, you guys know me better than this.
    If we have no money left for decent scholarship offer, than my guess is Eaves is considering the Canucks or Predators openings or Rumpel is leaving. But it sure doesn't sound like good news.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      If we have no money left for decent scholarship offer, than my guess is Eaves is considering the Canucks or Predators openings or Rumpel is leaving. But it sure doesn't sound like good news.
      Eaves taking one of those jobs sure sounds like great news to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        This is the recruiting thread, though. Could be the last d-man for next year, or someone down the road. Pretty hard to predict if it's someone down the road (Fabbro, Frederic, where's Chad Krys going to end up?)

Comment

Cullen is a good addition for what Wisconsin has left in scholarship money (not much).
          Kerdiles had to have been on a full, so I assume Hughes will get that; and McCabe was a WI kid, so his scholarship $ is less than what Kerdiles got, correct?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Big day today.
            Hmmmm....he posted this in the recruiting thread rather than the main thread. Does that mean there's a big commitment, or is it departure or coaching related, both of with do affect recruiting, though not as directly. And when I think of a "big day," it can mean there's a tall task ahead, but I often think of it as a phrase with a positive connotation. Hmmmmm....what is in the man's mind?

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            Did you take a marketing class recently? All these cliff hangers this week.
            My grip is weakening on the edge of this cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              This is the recruiting thread, though. Could be the last d-man for next year, or someone down the road. Pretty hard to predict if it's someone down the road (Fabbro, Frederic, where's Chad Krys going to end up?)
              I was sure hoping it was help in the short term when we we will need scoring....
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                Hmmmm....he posted this in the recruiting thread rather than the main thread. Does that mean there's a big commitment, or is it departure or coaching related, both of with do affect recruiting, though not as directly. And when I think of a "big day," it can mean there's a tall task ahead, but I often think of it as a phrase with a positive connotation. Hmmmmm....what is in the man's mind?

My grip is weakening on the edge of this cliff.
                Haha, yea he is really stretching this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  Haha, yea he is really stretching this one out.
                  It's already Friday morning in Australia!

Comment

Top prospect Trent Frederic commits. LINK

One of the top couple 98-born forwards in the country.

Comment

Top prospect Trent Frederic commits. LINK

One of the top couple 98-born forwards in the country.
                      Playing with the NTDP isn't a bad thing, that's for sure. Looks like a good pick-up.

Comment

Cool.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

As far as commitments go, Frederic is about equivalent to picking up another Nic Kerdiles.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            As far as commitments go, Frederic is about equivalent to picking up another Nic Kerdiles.
                            That puts a pretty good perspective around it. Outside of Max Jones (who is not likely going to play college anyways) Frederic is right there at the top couple of the U.S. 98's with Khodorenko, Keller, etc. It's a big pickup.

Added with the trio of Seamus Malone, Brock Boeser and Luke Kunin in 2015 and then probably Matthew Freytag joining Frederic in the 2016 class that's a ton of talent up front. And that's not even including guys like Besse, Zulinick, Soleway, Ustaski, Rockwood, Wagner and Hughes (who could be a top 2-round NHL pick).

We'll see. Could all flame out but that's a pretty loaded stable. It's also the reason why they couldn't go after every in-state kid people on this board were clamoring for. Believe it or not there are plans in place.
                            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-17-2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

That puts a pretty good perspective around it. Outside of Max Jones (who is not likely going to play college anyways) Frederic is right there at the top couple of the U.S. 98's with Khodorenko, Keller, etc. It's a big pickup.

Added with the trio of Seamus Malone, Brock Boeser and Luke Kunin in 2015 and then probably Matthew Freytag joining Frederic in the 2016 class that's a ton of talent up front. And that's not even including guys like Besse, Zulinick, Soleway, Ustaski, Rockwood, Wagner and Hughes (who could be a top 2-round NHL pick).

We'll see. Could all flame out but that's a pretty loaded stable. It's also the reason why they couldn't go after every in-state kid people on this board were clamoring for. Believe it or not there are plans in place.
                              Let's just skip next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                Let's just skip next year.
                                That is exactly the problem....for the third time in the Eaves era, we find ourselves coming up on a punt year where we have had a huge turnover and will be a horrifically young team. No one questions whether Eaves and Co have managed to churn quality talent through Madison. The arguements have been that it is more NHL developmental talent then winning at the college level (I don't necessarily buy that as to win at any level you need guys talented enough to play at the next level) and that there always seems to be one or two short on most years rosters of the type of talent that puts the puck in the net. I'm excited to see some of the committed kids (and maybe add a Fabro and Khodorenko too...since we've at the least had them visit so there is some level of mutual interest) in the next year or two, but really wish Eaves could get a handle on the roster balance so we don't have the bubble working through the program every 4 years where we go from feast to famine in terms of experience (and the side effect of results that go along with that).

Comment

Working...
                                X