X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Maybe his brother is de-committing from ND and coming here too?

Package deal?
    First thing I thought of...

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
      Still think you both are wearing rose colored glasses....

Woods Stats:

2011-12 Wisconsin 10 points in 34 games
      2012-13 Wisconsin 12 points in 41 games
      2013-14 AHL 8 points in 42 games

These stats have college 3rd liner written all over them. Mr. Woods should have stayed in school and got his degree, as 8 points for the season won't keep him in the "A" for long!
      Its ok to disagree. I actually noticed Woods on the ice during his time here. Unless Navin scores a goal (very rare) I don't even know he is in the lineup. Would Woods have brought us to NC #7, no, but he was more than just some grinder.

Gurt, do you have your own personal blue line club that we don't know about that you don't notice what is happening anymore? You must have been one of the guys I saw at the state tournament buying pepsis to fill w/ the whiskey you brought in.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
        Gurt, do you have your own personal blue line club that we don't know about that you don't notice what is happening anymore? You must have been one of the guys I saw at the state tournament buying pepsis to fill w/ the whiskey you brought in.

It's quite possible I was. Championship game anyway. Knew that one was in the bag, so I got an early start on the celebration.

If you saw nuances in his game that I didn't notice, I applaud you.

There's been so many guys like him - 1 point every 3 games or so - come through here in the past 10 years that they all run together for me in one long boring blur.

Either way, I find it hard to believe that losing him early made all that much difference to our program.

It's okay to disagree.
        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          It's quite possible I was. Championship game anyway. Knew that one was in the bag, so I got an early start on the celebration.

If you saw nuances in his game that I didn't notice, I applaud you.

There's been so many guys like him - 1 point every 3 games or so - come through here in the past 10 years that they all run together for me in one long boring blur.

Either way, I find it hard to believe that losing him early made all that much difference to our program.

It's okay to disagree.
          Those are the type of players I notice I guess. After all Andy Bohmbach is my favorite Badger, though he turned out pretty good by his senior year.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Maybe his brother is de-committing from ND and coming here too?

Package deal?
            Conner would make it in the range of "biggest of this offseason"...his older brother...not so much (solid player who should help immediately given the quantity of spots/roles open...but not a 2nd round nhl draft pick talent)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Big day today.
              Did you take a marketing class recently? All these cliff hangers this week.

Comment

Big day today.
                Please Please Please tell me that means Mike Eaves and his boring ***** neutral zone traps will finally be leaving for the NHL!!!!

Comment

Maybe Connor McDavid found a loophole in which he's NCAA eligible and he's coming here! Never mind the OHL stipend and Reebok/CCM endorsement deal!

Comment

I don't remember Woods too much other than he was hailed as having "potential"...Sort of like Auffrey maybe? I agree w/Gurt, there's been a ton of players like this on UW's roster over the past 10 years...Trying to remember them all is like trying to recall the background of a Kafka novel. A sort of undefined grey blur...

w/regard to the big news....IF it's Connor Hurley having a change of heart and choosing madison...How good is this kid? Maybe because he chose another school I didn't read up on him and don't have a base to go off of... I just don't recall his name being bandied about here at all in the past 2 years
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I recall Woods having some occasional flashes, Navin not so much (but I do like Navin's progression, as slow as it is). We didn't see enough of Clark to know what he had or didn't have.

Teasing news.....it's a forgone conclusion is it not that Hughes is coming this fall, that can't be it. Hopefully it's a talented Canuck signing on the dotted line.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well Chuck/Andy has his article up: http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...shl-recruiting

Is this it Chuck, or is there more?

Comment

Woods stood out more than most third line guys through the second half of last season. I don't think he was destined for stardom upon his senior year, but if I compare the depth chart with him to the depth chart without him, it seems like a significant difference to me. I don't miss his stupid penalties, though.

Comment

Connor Hurley isn't coming, he signed a letter of intent with Notre Dame. You guys are smarter than that.

Cullen is a good addition for what Wisconsin has left in scholarship money (not much). Great locker room guy, good character addition. Also, it's not finalized that Hughes will be in Madison next season but I'm under the impression it's likely going to happen. Likely leaves one more spot left for another (Cullen) Hurley type kid.

And yeah, this is not the news I was talking about. Come on, you guys know me better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                              Well Chuck/Andy has his article up: http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...shl-recruiting

Is this it Chuck, or is there more?
                              Wow!!! They better staff up the ticket office, that is just a monumental signing!

In the USHL the kid played 113 games and produced 13-23-39 basically an average of 18 points per year.

In the NAHL he put up a whopping 20 points in 45 games

I wish the kid well and hope he has a great ride in Madison, but when are we going to address our scoring issues??

Comment

And yeah, this is not the news I was talking about. Come on, you guys know me better than this.
                                Derek Stepan and Joe Pavelski somehow have two more years of eligibility left?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X