PDA

View Full Version : The POLLs are out

Pages : [1] 2 3

Birdwatcher
02-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Plattsburgh doesn't play and moves up two spots in both polls to 4th..Bet this riles up the fishing hole!!!

PrezdeJohnson09
02-17-2014, 03:00 PM
The REAL poll comes out tomorrow afternoon.

joecct
02-17-2014, 03:04 PM
And we'll get all excited and start running prognostications.

Who's a lead pipe cinch if the never win another game between now and Selection Sundae??

PrezdeJohnson09
02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
And we'll get all excited and start running prognostications.

Who's a lead pipe cinch if the never win another game between now and Selection Sundae??

St. Norbert and Adrian. Plattsburgh is probably close.

Birdwatcher
02-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Agreed!! Today are the polls....tomorrow are the "RANKINGS"

admiral0417
02-17-2014, 04:17 PM
St. Norbert & Adrian have already punched their ticket. Plattsburgh probably only needs a split this weekend vs. Cortland/Oswego. St. Thomas and Stevens Point are close too. Norwich & Babson probably need to avoid losing in the first round of the ECAC East tourney and they'll be OK.
Sometimes it's better to lose early in your tournament to a lesser team than to play another game and get beat by a team that will be ranked, as crazy as that sounds.

Birdwatcher
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
St. Norbert & Adrian have already punched their ticket. Plattsburgh probably only needs a split this weekend vs. Cortland/Oswego. St. Thomas and Stevens Point are close too. Norwich & Babson probably need to avoid losing in the first round of the ECAC East tourney and they'll be OK.
Sometimes it's better to lose early in your tournament to a lesser team than to play another game and get beat by a team that will be ranked, as crazy as that sounds.

If Plattsburgh does not win the SUNY auto bid and gets a C bid, then I believe the ECAC east gets only one team in.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-17-2014, 08:38 PM
If Plattsburgh does not win the SUNY auto bid and gets a C bid, then I believe the ECAC east gets only one team in.

The pool C pecking order would be the following I would think.

1. St. Norbert
2. Adrian
3. Plattsburgh
4. St. Thomas
5. Norwich
6. Trinity
7. Babson
8. Geneseo/Eau Claire

Ozz
02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
The pool C pecking order would be the following I would think.

1. St. Norbert
2. Adrian
3. Plattsburgh
4. St. Thomas
5. Norwich
6. Trinity
7. Babson
8. Geneseo/Eau Claire

No Point? Or are you assuming a Pool B for them?

PrezdeJohnson09
02-17-2014, 08:52 PM
No Point? Or are you assuming a Pool B for them?

Assuming Pool B at this point for them.

Ozz
02-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Assuming Pool B at this point for them.

Out of curiosity, where would you put them?

norm1909
02-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Out of curiosity, where would you put them?

They also qualify for Pool C - just not a Pool A (and all Pool A's don't qualify for a Pool B, but do qualify for a Pool C).

Birdwatcher
02-17-2014, 09:47 PM
They also qualify for Pool C - just not a Pool A (and all Pool A's don't qualify for a Pool B, but do qualify for a Pool C).

Norm...they were talking about Stevens Pt....no pool A for WIAC.

PSUChamps2001
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Here's my question....

If UWEC (West) is not going to make a Pool C bid run, can / does the West committee rank UWEC ahead of UWSP to give them the Pool B bid over UWSP so UWSP can then grab a Pool C bid for the West?

Blugold Hockey
02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Not a chance. The highest UWEC will be tomorrow is 5. SNC, UWSP, Adrian, UST, UWEC, and then UWRF or Gustavus. UWEC is on the thinnest of ice and needs to win 4 more to make a case for a pool C. Even then, UST getting upset in the play offs would probably crush any success the Blugolds have in the next few weeks.

Ozz
02-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Here's my question....

If UWEC (West) is not going to make a Pool C bid run, can / does the West committee rank UWEC ahead of UWSP to give them the Pool B bid over UWSP so UWSP can then grab a Pool C bid for the West?

If the comparison was closer, maybe. But if they did that, I think it would be too obvious. But hey, you never know...

Dyce
02-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Yeah, UWEC has some glaring issues in general - meh Win% compared with other regional contenders, potentially abysmal RNK - and it'll be saddled with, at best, a 2-3 H2H versus Stevens Point when selection time comes around. Fiddling with rankings to create hosting shenanigans is one thing, but handing UWEC Pool B would be a full-on violation of the selection process.

e: I've been gently reminded that UWEC could wind up with a 2-3 H2H due to the WIAC continuing to use a two-game semifinal.

spwood
02-18-2014, 07:22 AM
If the comparison was closer, maybe. But if they did that, I think it would be too obvious. But hey, you never know...

Plus, if they put Eau Claire up as the Pool B, is there any ECAC West team that would compare favorably to them? If it's even remotely possible, it's not worth the risk to the West Committee to lose the Pool B bid and possibly the Pool C slot as well...

PSUChamps2001
02-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Plus, if they put Eau Claire up as the Pool B, is there any ECAC West team that would compare favorably to them? If it's even remotely possible, it's not worth the risk to the West Committee to lose the Pool B bid and possibly the Pool C slot as well...
My quick calculations said no that's why I asked

admiral0417
02-25-2014, 01:12 PM
East Rankings as of 2/25/14

1. Trinity
2. Norwich
3. Plattsburgh
4. Babson
5. Geneseo
6. Utica
7. Mass-Boston
8. Oswego