PDA

View Full Version : Penn State @ Michigan, Feb 21 and 22.

Pages : 1 [2]

paulfb
02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
There is absolutely no pressure on the Penn State players or program right now. No one expects them to do anything. They are very well coached, never seem to give up, and get a crap load of shots to the net. It's actually quite scary playing them for those reasons. Every game seems to be a national championship type game for them.

I'm a BC fan living in New York City who attends a few Yale and Princeton home games. I remember how Gadowsky took a nothing Princeton program and got them into the NCAAs two straight years.

UMICH
02-22-2014, 04:58 PM
M barrassing performances by this team. One NCAA spot ready to be vacated.

Every aspect of the program to be questioned

I'm officially embarrassed and glad that I did not go to the game last night. Clearly I'm concerned.

UMICH
02-22-2014, 05:14 PM
That rumor has been all the rage here since last year. He's been to games, he met with athletic director Dave Brandon in the summer. I believe his daughter or someone he is related to is a student at Michigan. TSN even got on it last year.

His contract expires right around the time Red's does. But really, I think this year is it. And if Michigan does not make the tournament, I can guarantee it.

Red and Mike are good friends you could say... http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140123/SPORTS0201/301230127

Yes, his daughter attends UM. She is a Junior I believe (possibly a Senior). This rumor has been out there for years and as far as I know that's all it is. I highly doubt that Babcock comes to Michigan though I wouldn't complain if he did. As far as I knew him coming to games at Yost was the only time that he got to see his daughter, that's why he comes to Yost when he has the chance (to see his daughter). As his daughter is graduating soon I don't see him doing it.

I ran into him at Yost one night and of course he seemed to be enjoying himself but the pay cut, added responsibilities, and having to deal with (for all intensive purposes) kids why would he? Maybe he wants a challenge is the only reason I can see but it's not a very strong possibility. He lives in Saskatoon and grew up there with his wife. I don't see them moving to Ann Arbor, but I could be wrong.

4four4
02-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Michigan Hockey - The Greatest Hockey Program of All-Time
9 NCAA National Championships (Most)
25 Conference Championships
9 Conference Tournament Championships
24 Frozen Four appearances (Most)
35 NCAA Tournament appearances (Most)
15 Great Lakes Invitational Championships (Most)
Most Consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances (22, 1991-2012)

Interesting.

There is no doubt in my mind Michigan is the second best program of all time.:D

They have winning record against everybody but Minnesota.

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/history/opponents/oppDetails2Lg.asp?opponent=Michigan

Minnesota has played Michigan 261 time(s) in their history and their overall record is 130-116-15. These totals do not include any exhibition games played between the schools.

All in good fun. I am not going to troll anymore. ;)

MGoBlueHockey
02-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Interesting.

There is no doubt in my mind Michigan is the second best program of all time.:D

They have winning record against everybody but Minnesota.

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/history/opponents/oppDetails2Lg.asp?opponent=Michigan

All in good fun. I am not going to troll anymore. ;)

Do you guys hang a banner for that, too? :p