PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ Miami Fri/Sat Feb 21/22 Funny to see you here.... er... there

Pages : [1] 2 3

SCSU Euro
02-16-2014, 05:45 PM
SCSU coming off a sweep at home of Duluth, Miami coming off being swept (and a Saturday night walloping) in Grand Forks

Dude Love
02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Anything less than 5 points would be a disappointment for St. Cloud.

SCSU Euro
02-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Then we need to sweep, cuz we can't get 5 points

First Time, Long Time
02-16-2014, 07:35 PM
I wonder if Miami will come out with a fire after getting their asses kicked or have they just quit.

First Time, Long Time
02-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Any of Miami's injured guys (Wingels, Coleman, Mullin) expected back this weekend?

Tipsy McStagger
02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
I predict posts from Redhawks fans to be in the single digits.

SCSU Euro
02-17-2014, 08:40 PM
I wonder if Miami will come out with a fire after getting their asses kicked or have they just quit.

My bet is fire... I will be honest, we got stuck with the worst time to get them.

First Time, Long Time
02-17-2014, 08:48 PM
My bet is fire... I will be honest, we got stuck with the worst time to get them.

Maybe but since Christmas they are 1-8-1 and since they were here they are*4-12-2 so it doesn't seem like they've responded previously when losing.
Really not sure what the issue is with these guys because when they were here, they looked really good.

Dude Love
02-18-2014, 01:46 PM
*crickets*

Tipsy McStagger
02-18-2014, 03:33 PM
*wet fart*

First Time, Long Time
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Guess the Miami fans have given up, maybe just like their team has.

Dude Love
02-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Guess the Miami fans have given up, maybe just like their team has.

Well their season's basically over. :)

Tipsy McStagger
02-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Well their season's basically over. :)
I don't want to have to play them in the playoffs. They are still a dangerous team.

First Time, Long Time
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't want to have to play them in the playoffs. They are still a dangerous team.

Any team in this league could be considered "dangerous" in the playoffs.
But if we get Miami at home, I like our chances.
I have a feeling the team we saw in November is nowhere close to the team they are now, and I don't think it can be all blamed on injuries.

ShotFromThePoint
02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Only reason why Miami was any good last year was because of Joe Hartman. A native of...anybody know?

SCSU Euro
02-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Only reason why Miami was any good last year was because of Joe Hartman. A native of...anybody know?

Never heard of him.

While true that any team could win a playoff series in this league, I'd rather end up with CC than Miami in the 1st round, Western than Miami in the 1st round and even Duluth than Miami in the first round. I think Duluth has a better chance of winning at least one game in that series, its hard to go 0-6-0, but I'd think Miami has a better chance of winning that series.

That being said, a sweep would almost guarantee we'd host them in a few weeks, but I'd still rather have the 6 points!

scsutommyboy
02-19-2014, 10:50 PM

Big deal he is from St. Cloud.. he is Matt Hartmam's much better younger brother...

ShotFromThePoint
02-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Just thought that would be an interesting connection...because...well you're Saint Cloud fans and he was from Saint Cloud...nevermind...continue on.

Expecting a SCSU sweep.

On a side note, has there ever been a player from Saint Cloud who has played for SCSU? DI era or otherwise?

First Time, Long Time
02-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Just thought that would be an interesting connection...because...well you're Saint Cloud fans and he was from Saint Cloud...nevermind...continue on.

Expecting a SCSU sweep.

On a side note, has there ever been a player from Saint Cloud who has played for SCSU? DI era or otherwise?

You were just told one, Matt Hartman.
John Swanson is another.
If you are just talking the city itself, those are the only two I can remember right now that I've seen.
But in the area, Ryan Peckskamp, Nate Raduns, Ben Hanowski, Jared Festler, Ethan Prow are some others off the top of my head

HumRsky
02-19-2014, 11:40 PM
You were just told one, Matt Hartman.
John Swanson is another.
If you are just talking the city itself, those are the only two I can remember right now that I've seen.
But in the area, Ryan Peckskamp, Nate Raduns, Ben Hanowski, Jared Festler, Ethan Prow are some others off the top of my head

Andy Vicari