Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oshie is sochi.

Love his style , going in slow trying to pick the goalie apart..go USA
    Last edited by unh1982; 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM.

Re: oshie is sochi.

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    Love his style , going in slow trying to pick the goalie apart..go USA
    That was amazing. Go USA!

Comment

I love the way that he pointed out his goalie Jonathan Quick after the game winner; TJ is da Man.

Comment

Unreal! I almost shut the game off when Kane missed his break away...almost. USA!!
        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

+1. You guys have to be proud of all the time Ryan Kesler logged too. Great night. Yanks very lucky and could see the Russians again down the road I am guessing (without looking at the brackets).

Comment

USA USA USA! Great job
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Re: oshie in sochi.

That shootout wasn't a hockey game....it was a circus. Announcers didn't know what they were talking about and did a very poor job explaining the shootout rules. In fact they didn't explain them at all. How can the same guy keep going, going, going???? Happy for TJ, happy we won, but absurd rules for sure.

I'd rather lose that game and win in the medal round which they most certainly will have to do again. Our road is way tougher than Canada's will be.
              SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                That shootout wasn't a hockey game....it was a circus. Announcers didn't know what they were talking about and did a very poor job explaining the shootout rules. In fact they didn't explain them at all. How can the same guy keep going, going, going????
                Except they did explain the shootout rules. They said at least once that after the first three shooters, you can have the same shooter go over and over again. Given this it seems you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

But yes, The Oshie is pretty much the greatest Olympian ever and should be named King of the Universe.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post

I'd rather lose that game and win in the medal round which they most certainly will have to do again. Our road is way tougher than Canada's will be.
                  I'd rather win both games. I'm sure Team Russia is already rationalizing the loss though and thinking along the lines you are.
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

In the NBC feed, the shootout rules were explained in detail multiple times. If you were watching the EuroSport online feed, maybe not. Dunno, did not watch that. (For Alpine events, EuroSport is the way to go, btw, as they assume the audience knows what the deal is and they show every racer.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Except they did explain the shootout rules. They said at least once that after the first three shooters, you can have the same shooter go over and over again. Given this it seems you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

But yes, The Oshie is pretty much the greatest Olympian ever and should be named King of the Universe.
                      Thought Sioux fans had named Parise King of the Universe
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Agree. Considering all Oshie has had to overcome in life, i.e: Growing up in Minnesota; Wearing an embarrassing green jersey for 3 years; it's nothing short of a miracle! (on ice)
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Co-Kings. We're a progressive people in North Dakota, they can rule hand-in-hand together.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Parise is God. Oshie is King.*

*according to Whioux fans, anyway.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oshie-Toews-Duncan still the best college line I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X