02-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Love his style , going in slow trying to pick the goalie apart..go USA

BlackI
02-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Love his style , going in slow trying to pick the goalie apart..go USA

That was amazing. Go USA!

Snively65
02-15-2014, 10:32 AM
I love the way that he pointed out his goalie Jonathan Quick after the game winner; TJ is da Man.

97osu
02-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Unreal! I almost shut the game off when Kane missed his break away...almost. USA!!

RSTuthill
02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
+1. You guys have to be proud of all the time Ryan Kesler logged too. Great night. Yanks very lucky and could see the Russians again down the road I am guessing (without looking at the brackets).

e.cat
02-15-2014, 10:41 AM
USA USA USA! Great job;)

critsports
02-15-2014, 10:44 AM
That shootout wasn't a hockey game....it was a circus. Announcers didn't know what they were talking about and did a very poor job explaining the shootout rules. In fact they didn't explain them at all. How can the same guy keep going, going, going???? Happy for TJ, happy we won, but absurd rules for sure.

I'd rather lose that game and win in the medal round which they most certainly will have to do again. Our road is way tougher than Canada's will be.

Dirty
02-15-2014, 10:53 AM
That shootout wasn't a hockey game....it was a circus. Announcers didn't know what they were talking about and did a very poor job explaining the shootout rules. In fact they didn't explain them at all. How can the same guy keep going, going, going????

Except they did explain the shootout rules. They said at least once that after the first three shooters, you can have the same shooter go over and over again. Given this it seems you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

But yes, The Oshie is pretty much the greatest Olympian ever and should be named King of the Universe.

e.cat
02-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I'd rather lose that game and win in the medal round which they most certainly will have to do again. Our road is way tougher than Canada's will be.

I'd rather win both games. I'm sure Team Russia is already rationalizing the loss though and thinking along the lines you are.

RSTuthill
02-15-2014, 10:59 AM
In the NBC feed, the shootout rules were explained in detail multiple times. If you were watching the EuroSport online feed, maybe not. Dunno, did not watch that. (For Alpine events, EuroSport is the way to go, btw, as they assume the audience knows what the deal is and they show every racer.)

vizoroo
02-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Except they did explain the shootout rules. They said at least once that after the first three shooters, you can have the same shooter go over and over again. Given this it seems you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

But yes, The Oshie is pretty much the greatest Olympian ever and should be named King of the Universe.

Thought Sioux fans had named Parise King of the Universe:D

Wisko McBadgerton
02-15-2014, 11:05 AM

Agree. Considering all Oshie has had to overcome in life, i.e: Growing up in Minnesota; Wearing an embarrassing green jersey for 3 years; it's nothing short of a miracle! (on ice)

Dirty
02-15-2014, 11:06 AM

Co-Kings. We're a progressive people in North Dakota, they can rule hand-in-hand together.

The Rube
02-15-2014, 11:08 AM

Parise is God. Oshie is King.*

*according to Whioux fans, anyway. ;)

Jaws
02-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Oshie-Toews-Duncan still the best college line I've ever seen.

aparch
02-15-2014, 11:14 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Olympic logo: <a href="http://t.co/yohCWlXXXy">pic.twitter.com/yohCWlXXXy</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation (@sbnation) <a href="https://twitter.com/sbnation/statuses/434721619760513024">February 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Koho
02-15-2014, 11:16 AM

I'll still go with the '81 MN front line.

The shootout rule of allowing the same player to shoot is ridiculous. Talk about taking the "team" out of team sports. (Not that I minded the outcome.) Does anyone know if it kicks into overtime only for the entire medal round?

captain beefheart
02-15-2014, 11:27 AM

All that stonewalling by Jeff Frazee helped...:o

aparch
02-15-2014, 11:33 AM
http://pic.twitter.com/JFnSd3uP14

Cross Check
02-15-2014, 12:05 PM

I'll go with Paul Kariya-Jim Montgomery-Cal Ingraham.

And Oshie rules. Did the ol' red, white, and blue proud.