Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Has the TV schedule been released yet? What do we know about what channels they'll be on this year? (People trying to configure their channel lineup when we switch to Uverse need to know if it's worth it to pay for CBSSN, Fox College Sports, etc.)
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Has the TV schedule been released yet? What do we know about what channels they'll be on this year? (People trying to configure their channel lineup when we switch to Uverse need to know if it's worth it to pay for CBSSN, Fox College Sports, etc.)
      NCHC on CBSSN
      http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2014/09/n...-schedule.html
      GO DU !!!

Comment

This is a football related article, but it sheds some light on how they look at survey results.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...2e0af61b1.html

My favorite part:

"The majority of respondents said the student section’s behavior “never” disrupted their experience."

Remember that article from last season (I believe) where Baggot that "Jump Around" be taken away if the students didn't stop using that naughty language?

I do.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...f4d9fa784.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          This is a football related article, but it sheds some light on how they look at survey results.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...2e0af61b1.html

My favorite part:

"The majority of respondents said the student section’s behavior “never” disrupted their experience."

Remember that article from last season (I believe) where Baggot that "Jump Around" be taken away if the students didn't stop using that naughty language?

I do.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...f4d9fa784.html
          Depending on the options given for that question, I'd be genuinely surprised. It's my understanding that one of the biggest complaints of the long-time season ticket holders is the ESFU nonsense (though they love everything else). It gets old really, really, really, really, really fast, and adds very little. A part of me would be willing to sacrifice one "Jump Around" just to see the s***storm that would ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            Depending on the options given for that question, I'd be genuinely surprised. It's my understanding that one of the biggest complaints of the long-time season ticket holders is the ESFU nonsense (though they love everything else). It gets old really, really, really, really, really fast, and adds very little. A part of me would be willing to sacrifice one "Jump Around" just to see the s***storm that would ensue.

We got our tickets when we moved to town in 94 and as far as I can recall, that chant has been going on the entire time. Never once has it bothered me. My parents are in their 70s now and have their own tickets. They've never once mentioned the student section as a problem or that chant specifically. Of course they went here, so they understand the student section even if it doesn't exactly resemble those from the late 50s and early 60s.

On the "Think of the Children!" hysterical front, when I was taking my boy to games as a 5-8 year old and he'd ask "What are they saying?", I'd tell him and then explain that there are things that adults and college students (young adults) can say that are inappropriate for him to say. He got it. Problem solved. It's really not that hard.

Is the chant old? Is it tired? Is it juvenile? Sure, but who cares?

To be honest, ALL of the things that happen at the football games have become "old" after being around them so many times. The wave... the band and their rotation of the same freaking routines... and even, GASP... Jump Around.

The people *****ing about the student section are a vocal minority imo and don't reflect the majority who either love what the students bring or are ambivalent.

Baggot, in his opinion piece was just being a whiney ***** and believed that he was the voice of the majority - which apparently, he was not.

Comment

Well, I do care about those parts.

Most of the vulgar chants we have are also not very clever, and do make us look like boorish idiots.

Also, I'm bitter that I never got "Great Taste"/"Less Filling" to be a chant that caught on.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I have a newfound appreciation for things that are old and tired, yet juvenile.

Comment

On the "Think of the Children!" hysterical front, when I was taking my boy to games as a 5-8 year old and he'd ask "What are they saying?", I'd tell him and then explain that there are things that adults and college students (young adults) can say that are inappropriate for him to say. He got it. Problem solved. It's really not that hard.
                  I see it both ways. Sure, it would be great that the students would not swear and I would prefer that they did not, but it is one of those teachable moments. When you don't go along with it, it makes a big impression. Hearing swearing also has it's fun side. Last year the UMD gals head coach didn't like that Madison Packer gently bumped their sieve between the circles (who dropped like she was shot in the head), and started a period long F bombing tirade and we got to taunt her language. I'm actually hoping it happens again, I have new material. :O

I am ready for some hockey......
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Received an email exclaiming 'Don't miss Wisconsin hockey this winter!'. It mentions season, half-season, and the 'Fan's Choice' package, which they offer 5 games for $120, otherwise known as $0 off the single-game price. This really drives me nuts. So I guess, buy 5 games now if you can't wait for single-game tickets to go on sale.
                    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                    sigpic
                    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Also, I'm bitter that I never got "Great Taste"/"Less Filling" to be a chant that caught on.
                      It occasionally happens when "Swingtown" is played at volleyball games.

Comment

Well, I do care about those parts.

Most of the vulgar chants we have are also not very clever, and do make us look like boorish idiots.

Exile, that was the chant from Section "O" to "M" IIRC in the mid-to-late 80's (I know I heard that as a kid a zillion times)...I don't recall exactly when the kids changed it to the profane...Of course "Great Taste/"Less Filling" hasn't been in a commercial in 20 years or more so it's no surprise that chant went extinct
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Exile, that was the chant from Section "O" to "M" IIRC in the mid-to-late 80's (I know I heard that as a kid a zillion times)...I don't recall exactly when the kids changed it to the profane...Of course "Great Taste/"Less Filling" hasn't been in a commercial in 20 years or more so it's no surprise that chant went extinct
                          It was definitely around in the early 2000s. I remember it.

Actually, I think they've been using it very recently, but only in an off-hand way at the end of commercials, not women arguing about it while stripping each other.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            It was definitely around in the early 2000s. I remember it.

Actually, I think they've been using it very recently, but only in an off-hand way at the end of commercials, not women arguing about it while stripping each other.
                            those commercials w/Mean Joe Greene, Rodney Dangerfield, etc were great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnBmfimpNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6SBtg9VQ9M
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

They were doing that in the late 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                those commercials w/Mean Joe Greene, Rodney Dangerfield, etc were great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnBmfimpNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6SBtg9VQ9M
                                Beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X