Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Eh... Point to Madison isn't that long of a drive...
    I mean it's possible if you only golf and skip the rest of the event. But the reception/dinner/raffle/auction is half the fun. Plus, if you're in my group...driving probably isn't going to be an option.

Comment

Seriously?

That sucks as it rules out Pavs and probably a few others participating.

Surprised there wasn't some dialogue between the camps...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Seriously?

That sucks as it rules out Pavs and probably a few others participating.

Surprised there wasn't some dialogue between the camps...
        I was told the boys have their annual golf event that Thursday in Madison which is why they decided to do the game Friday night since everyone will be in the area. I know Pavs is playing in the golf thing Thursday and will go to Point on Friday for his event. But yeah, it sucks.

Comment

In case anyone cares a few freshmen numbers: Adam Rockwood will wear 11 and Jack Dougherty will wear 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            In case anyone cares a few freshmen numbers: Adam Rockwood will wear 11 and Jack Dougherty will wear 4.
            In case anyone cares I have a feeling a few freshmen will be wearing fishbowls this year.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              In case anyone cares I have a feeling a few freshmen will be wearing fishbowls this year.
              Dougherty the only one that comes to mind but I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                OK, help me. I know I live a sheltered life, but was does "wearing fishbowls" mean? They go to wando's a lot?
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  OK, help me. I know I live a sheltered life, but was does "wearing fishbowls" mean? They go to wando's a lot?
                  They wear a full shield instead of a cage. Besse is the only player on the team to wear that style of mask in the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    They wear a full shield instead of a cage. Besse is the only player on the team to wear that style of mask in the past few years.
                    Thanks, I got it now. Something I never really noticed before. I think I would notice if they tinted it like Alex Ovechkin.

USHL is half visors, correct. Surprised more don't go with the full face clear visor to make it more similar to that. Maybe some of you who played can explain it to me.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Thanks, I got it now. Something I never really noticed before. I think I would notice if they tinted it like Alex Ovechkin.

USHL is half visors, correct. Surprised more don't go with the full face clear visor to make it more similar to that. Maybe some of you who played can explain it to me.
                      Biggest problem is the bubbles fog up while obviously a cage you don't have that problem. There are different spray's and remedies to try and prevent fogging but it can be a bit of a hassle and a lot of people don't want to put up with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        "Sick window buddy, you from Minnesota?"

Comment

Are the Badgers mandating the fishbowl?

I prefer the cage as you don't even see the bars when wearing one and the air flow is better.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                            "Sick window buddy, you from Minnesota?"
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27-ocX_aLc#t=82

Comment

Not sure if this is a serious question or not, but no.

Comment

I prefer the cage as you don't even see the bars when wearing one and the air flow is better.
                                Only during hazing...
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X