Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Wow..fill the bowl sold out the Kohl Center. New NCAA women's record. Glad we are taking the family...will be a great experience.

Comment

Another dud on the road. Ugh.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        My weekend of hockey got off to a great start at Vilas Park. The ice and the weather were perfect (except for the sun glare).
        ...and the Friday portion got off to a poor finish. That game was about as close as it could have been without being a tie, though.

Comment

Man, these road games are becoming frustrating to watch. Anyway, one bright spot I thought of during the game was the Zengerle-Kerdiles-Barnes line. They looked pretty good together, especially for not being together consistently. Obviously it was disappointing to see other lines not consistently match their effort, but they were a bright spot none the less.

I'll be watching the men's game tomorrow, but I look forward to hearing about the atmosphere in the Kohl Center, and hopefully a win!

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
            Man, these road games are becoming frustrating to watch. Anyway, one bright spot I thought of during the game was the Zengerle-Kerdiles-Barnes line. They looked pretty good together, especially for not being together consistently. Obviously it was disappointing to see other lines not consistently match their effort, but they were a bright spot none the less.

I'll be watching the men's game tomorrow, but I look forward to hearing about the atmosphere in the Kohl Center, and hopefully a win!
            I listened and it's interesting you should say that, with Barnes and Zengerle getting 1 and 2 shots respectively, Kerdiles 4 but I think 2 on the PP. Soleway and Mersch getting 4 and 8. Top line skates great, and looks good, but if we're going to put them together, they HAVE TO PRODUCE.

Exciting to see the KC sold out, hopefully the Buckeyes get a few folks in the stands tonight and we get a pair of Badger wins.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Anyone concerned about the sellout tonight with respect to general admission? I can see an issue with not having the right number of seats for a family.

We'll be there early for sure. Where is the best place to park?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                Anyone concerned about the sellout tonight with respect to general admission? I can see an issue with not having the right number of seats for a family.

We'll be there early for sure. Where is the best place to park?
                Get there early, especially if you are bringing a number of people. Also, most (if not all) of the lower bowl is reserved seating. The 2nd and 3rd decks are GA. I know a couple of people who have GA tickets and didn't know that fact. I'd confirm with ushers as soon as you get in.

If you get there early enough, Lot 91 just east of Kohl will be open for a fee ($5, I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  Where is the best place to park?
                  I'd say here is the best:

Turn off W. Dayton. If those barriers are blocking A, just take alternate Route B.

Hope this helps!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      Get there early, especially if you are bringing a number of people. Also, most (if not all) of the lower bowl is reserved seating. The 2nd and 3rd decks are GA. I know a couple of people who have GA tickets and didn't know that fact. I'd confirm with ushers as soon as you get in.

If you get there early enough, Lot 91 just east of Kohl will be open for a fee ($5, I think).
                      I can confirm that the entire lower bowl is reserved seating.

Comment

With 6 games remaining in the regular season, all of which the Badgers will be favored in, a reasonable possibility seems to exist that Wisconsin could still make it's way to a #1 seed for the tournament. WI could possibly swing comparisons with as many as 4 of the 6 teams that are currently ahead in PWR. Might need a few breaks here and there, but nothing terribly extraordinary if they can get on a hot streak.

Taking four games from Michigan State is going to be a tall order though despite Sparty's lowly #39 PWR. Michigan State is 1-1-4 in their last six, including a tie and 1-0 loss at Mariucci. They don't score, but they don't give it up either. With PSU finally breaking through, it's probably going to be a real grind these last six. Are the Badgers up to it?
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          With 6 games remaining in the regular season, all of which the Badgers will be favored in, a reasonable possibility seems to exist that Wisconsin could still make it's way to a #1 seed for the tournament. WI could possibly swing comparisons with as many as 4 of the 6 teams that are currently ahead in PWR. Might need a few breaks here and there, but nothing terribly extraordinary if they can get on a hot streak.

Taking four games from Michigan State is going to be a tall order though despite Sparty's lowly #39 PWR. Michigan State is 1-1-4 in their last six, including a tie and 1-0 loss at Mariucci. They don't score, but they don't give it up either. With PSU finally breaking through, it's probably going to be a real grind these last six. Are the Badgers up to it?
                          Nope, not the way they are playing now. They have way to many long stretches of games with less than great play.

I can't see winning 4 games on the road, plus, a possible play in game at the big ten championships if we finish third in conference. We are currently in 2nd, and 5 points ahead of MI, but they have 2 games and 6 points in hand.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Good question Wisko B. If you heard Shuey post game on Radio Friday night you heard an angry man. Think Badger players got the message. Saturday night I saw a hungry Badger team that made their breaks and played good D for most of game. They matched the OSU intensity exceeding it at times. Red is usually a good closer year in and year out. I like their chances at 4-2. Could be 5-1 best case. MSU will be tough and PSU is playing well at home. They have to find a way to win most of those games just like Saturday night. They must if FF is in the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                              Good question Wisko B. If you heard Shuey post game on Radio Friday night you heard an angry man. Think Badger players got the message. Saturday night I saw a hungry Badger team that made their breaks and played good D for most of game. They matched the OSU intensity exceeding it at times. Red is usually a good closer year in and year out. I like their chances at 4-2. Could be 5-1 best case. MSU will be tough and PSU is playing well at home. They have to find a way to win most of those games just like Saturday night. They must if FF is in the cards.
                              I see the Badgers going 6-0, 5-1 at worst in the next 6 games....the 4 game sweep against msu and a possible split with psu....a tough road ahead but I see a lot more positives in this team than negatives...not gonna be easy but they will get this accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
                                I see the Badgers going 6-0, 5-1 at worst in the next 6 games....the 4 game sweep against msu and a possible split with psu....a tough road ahead but I see a lot more positives in this team than negatives...not gonna be easy but they will get this accomplished
                                I think a "6-0 or 5-1" prediction is fair, similar to that easy stretch of home games in December-January. However, I'd say a loss is at least as likely to happen against MSU as it is against PSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X