Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Well, its gameday. I going to assume McCabe is in the clear after the hit last week??

Ought to make some heads explode in East Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
      Well, its gameday. I going to assume McCabe is in the clear after the hit last week??

Ought to make some heads explode in East Dakota.
      I don't doubt Jake should have received the gate but suspension IMO would have been very much overkill. Squared-up hit of the kind that very rarely would ever result in injury, and would have been perfectly legal and applauded just a short time ago. The only real casualty was Rau's "Pride" being put "On Ice."

Hopefully Bischoff is good to go as well for the goof's.

The only disappointing thing right now is that tonight's game appears not to be televised. Can't fathom why not?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        I don't doubt Jake should have received the gate but suspension IMO would have been very much overkill.
        The easiest way to look at this is to ask whether the Gopher faithful would have cheered their butts off if a Gopher had lit up a Badger in the same manner. I have zero doubt that the crowd would have gone nuts at their rink if the situation was reversed.
        "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

The only disappointing thing right now is that tonight's game appears not to be televised. Can't fathom why not?
          I am not too disappointed, it will give me a chance to listen to Posick. When the games are on TV, I usually DVR them so I can't listen to the radio while watching. This will force me to listen live

Bah, who am I kidding, I would rather see the game.

Comment

And controlled by fat, drunk, and talentless ex-pond jockeys living vicariously through others, who equate knowing how to shovel out the Zamboni at their fat (possibly also drunk) kid's rink to actual intelligence.

To be fair, Harley probably doesn't know how to shovel out the Zamboni.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Sad to pass along the news of the passing of John Dowell today. Jake's father had been battling Huntington's disease for 13 years.

Like Jake, I grew up playing hockey in Eau Claire and John was a familiar face around the rink. Dowell was just a year older than I was, so we crossed paths hundreds of times. It's too bad this nasty disease had to take John's life, but he's in a much better place now.

Thoughts with the Dowell family this evening.
              Having met Jake a few times, I know how much he cared about his Dad. Thoughts and prayers to the Dowell family.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

It seems being successful in the media requires balance between being an aggressive jerk and not burning your bridges for the future. I'd be terrible at it as I'm only good at one of those.

Here's one thing I am jabbing at you for though, Chuck. Every once in awhile I'll take a glance at your Twitter feed, and I did earlier. Noted your comment about GPL's podcast, so out of curiosity I listened to it. I believe it may have caused permanent brain damage. What kind of monster are you that you just leave stuff like that lying around for everyone to see? Geezus. Have you no conscience at all?

That was the most ridiculous thing ever recorded. It's one thing when guys poke fun in a Badger-Gopher thread, but those nutjobs actually seem to believe what they are saying. I don't know what Lucia's putting in the water supply, but there should be a federal investigation.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Go read GPL some time. It's horrific and horrifically funny at the same time.

Dubbs (when in that persona) is their ambassador/representative/spokesman to USCHO.
                Both of you fine gents (and you are) are invited to siouxsports.com for some fun and well-reasoned hockey discussion.

siouxsports.com: fair and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  fair and balanced.
                  Words that are forever associated with people being honest with themselves.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Both of you fine gents (and you are) are invited to siouxsports.com for some fun and well-reasoned hockey discussion.

siouxsports.com: fair and balanced.

I'm just not all that interested in D-3 hockey.

Thanks though.

Comment

No men's on tv tonight. For once, I am actually not disappointed. I'll be at the gals game against the rodentettes tonight and the dvr is fast filling up with Olympic hockey and curling. Hopefully the Barnes/Kerdiles/Zengerlee line puts a boatload of points on the stat sheet tonight. Tomorrow is dedicated to hockey and curling from 6 am with the US/commies game through 10:30pm when I get home from fill the bowl. This could be the coolest sports day I've had since the 2010 Olympics when I was laid off for a week. Talk about sporting valhalla.

USA! USA! - Let's go RED!
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        No men's on tv tonight. For once, I am actually not disappointed. I'll be at the gals game against the rodentettes tonight and the dvr is fast filling up with Olympic hockey and curling. Hopefully the Barnes/Kerdiles/Zengerlee line puts a boatload of points on the stat sheet tonight. Tomorrow is dedicated to hockey and curling from 6 am with the US/commies game through 10:30pm when I get home from fill the bowl. This could be the coolest sports day I've had since the 2010 Olympics when I was laid off for a week. Talk about sporting valhalla.

I'll be at the ladies' game tonight as well. I'll save you some time with the curling. For some reason I really enjoy watching curling every 4 years, but this Olympics both USA teams are terrible.
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          I'm just not all that interested in D-3 hockey.

Thanks though.
                          Must spread rep...
                          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            I'll be at the ladies' game tonight as well. I'll save you some time with the curling. For some reason I really enjoy watching curling every 4 years, but this Olympics both USA teams are terrible.

I will also be there tonight and tomorrow night. Looking forward to both games and good old I-Heart radio to listen to the men's game at the same time.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              I will also be there tonight and tomorrow night. Looking forward to both games and good old I-Heart radio to listen to the men's game at the same time.
                              I was going to check the live blog once and awhile.

Yeah, the curling teams are aweful, but my son and I have fun trying to predict the next shot. We watched the Brits slaughter the US gals the other night.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

My weekend of hockey got off to a great start at Vilas Park. The ice and the weather were perfect (except for the sun glare).

Comment

Working...
                                X