Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Hope to see some people at the Sett tomorrow night!

Comment

Watching "The Ascent", I heard the play by play guy say "LaBate is foraging.........", which I saw live but had forgot about and wanted to comment...."foraging"? Really? Generally I do like that guy.

I liked the view from the UW bench on the game winner, the puck was just sitting there in front of the net unattended for an eternity.

LET'S Go RED!
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a great day for hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          It's a great day for hockey.
          You beat me to it.

Good preview this week Chuck.

Let's Go Red!
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Appleton Badger Fans: We are heading to Appleton for a mini vacation while the kids are on spring break (I know, exciting). Anyway, if the hotel doesn't have ESPNU where would a good place to watch the game be? We are staying at the College Ave La Quinta.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
              Appleton Badger Fans: We are heading to Appleton for a mini vacation while the kids are on spring break (I know, exciting). Anyway, if the hotel doesn't have ESPNU where would a good place to watch the game be? We are staying at the College Ave La Quinta.
              Have not lived in Appleton for a while... here are a few suggestions, but I would call before going.

Bad Badgers Sports Bar - downtown Appleton on College Ave. (I would be inclined to try this one first and call if have ESPNU)
              http://www.badbadgersportsbar.com/

GameDay Sports Bar - other side of town off of Hwy 441
              http://www.gameday-sportsbar.com/Contact/

There is Applebees close to your hotel (assume you are just off of College Ave), but unfortunately may be battling NCAA bouncy ball viewers and I would guess they show that... therefore I suggest Bad Badgers as have a lot of TVs.

Better sports bars are up in Green Bay... that is 30-40 minute drive from your hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                The aforementioned Bad Badger might have it on, and is probably your best bet if you want to spend the evening downtown. But the owner there isn't a hockey fan at all, so might not put it on.

I'd suggest Holidays in Neenah (go west on College until you run into the airport, then head south until you see it), they have a Heatley jersey on the wall so I'm inclined to think they could get the game on for you. It's about a 10-15 minute drive.

Other closer options would be The Bar on Lynndale and of course Buffalo Wild Wings.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The good news is the the hotel does have ESPNU! Bad news is that it isn't HD. But at least I can drink my own bargain-priced thinner.

Comment

"pffft, easy win for Buckey
                    Nodak is weak this year. The only thing they have going is Mount Rushmore, and even that is pretty boring to see. I guess the black hills are ok…"
                    http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...n-north-dakota

You guys need to keep this guy locked in the basement. His comments on USCHO articles are always that painful, too, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      "pffft, easy win for Buckey
                      Nodak is weak this year. The only thing they have going is Mount Rushmore, and even that is pretty boring to see. I guess the black hills are ok…"
                      http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...n-north-dakota

You guys need to keep this guy locked in the basement. His comments on USCHO articles are always that painful, too, haha.
                      99.9 percent sure that guy is not a Wisconsin fan. He's been trolling for a few months now, trying to make Wisconsin fans look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        99.9 percent sure that guy is not a Wisconsin fan. He's been trolling for a few months now, trying to make Wisconsin fans look bad.
                        That's some dedication based on his Twitter. Maybe it's GFHockey from SS? I'm not sure that guy ever knows where he is lol

Comment

Alright boys, this is what we've been working all year for. Time to play some Wisco Hockey.

Let's GO RED!!!
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

You guys actually say Wisco? When people say Minny, I want to shoot myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              When people say Minny, I want to shoot myself.
                              Minny.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Minny.
                                I've missed you.

Comment

Working...
                                X