Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

What does a Thursday game do to attendance? Check out the tickets sold and actual attendance for the UMN series:
    http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html

Why in the world are other schools not releasing this data? That's exactly what fans want to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
      They still need to do a better job of publicizing hockey earlier in the season, say before January. They seem to concede that football and bball will dominate and don't even throw hockey a bone until the second half.
      Absolutely. That was one of the things I mentioned when I sent some feedback to Andrea Miller (when I couldn't go to the student summit) in the athletic department. Before December, and certainly before the first Minnesota series, it was like hockey didn't exist. Opening night should be a bigger, more exciting deal.
      Last edited by WiscDC; 03-24-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        So true. What a wringer to go through. Quite honestly, it wasn't all that fun to be at in real time if that makes sense. WAY too stressful to be fun.

So much riding on every shot, every breakout pass, every faceoff in your own zone...

Top team in the nation most of the year with a FF in state. I had already bought tickets at scalper prices.

Yeah, doubt Posick's call will ever be quite like that and to be honest, it shouldn't be. Winning the other night was nice, but it's not even in the same neighborhood as the win over Cornell.
        I have a DVD of the Cornell game, still have not been able to watch it. I have all the NCAA games from that season, have not been able to actually watch any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
          What about a game goes into OT and they use up there 240 minutes of "A" level effort. They could lose the championship in the final period!
          I am assuming 240 minutes of "A" effort = no overtime needed = 4 wins = championship.

I know it is easier w/ the new matrix math, but that is harder to diagram in this format.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            I have a DVD of the Cornell game, still have not been able to watch it. I have all the NCAA games from that season, have not been able to actually watch any of them.

I had taped them and a few years ago while transferring them to disc I remember that in the Cornell game it's clear that the studio staff went home at some point because some of the between periods segments were simply replayed after a while.

I have lots of games recorded including both Hawks Stanley Cup Runs, UW's Rose Bowl Victories, the 2006 playoff games, Two Packers Superbowl victories etc...

I never watch any of them yet I compulsively continue to record them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
              I don't think the goofy fans would say that if the NCAA would have put them in St. Paul.
              I agree :-) They would have cried about "matchups" like Rick Pitino has been.
              Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                I'm not sure where to find it. It would be cool to listen to the game winner call...
                Go to the Big 1070 and listen to the "On Wisconsin" podcast from yesterday. It was on there. The first segment is all bb, the second segment is hockey. It was a little underwhelming, but it's not like it's an OT game winner to get into the ncaa's or to continue on in the ncaa's.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  What does a Thursday game do to attendance? Check out the tickets sold and actual attendance for the UMN series:
                  http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html

Why in the world are other schools not releasing this data? That's exactly what fans want to talk about.
                  Facinating, it's a great topic for 3 weeks from now when UW's season is done. Thanks for posting it, I'll be going back to that in the future.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by timothy a View Post
                    facinating, it's a great topic for this Saturday when uw's season is done.
                    fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
                      I don't think the goofy fans would say that if the NCAA would have put them in St. Paul.
                      Actually most of us were expecting either WI or UND in the west. Probably right about it not being called a gift but I'd be okay facing either in a regional final. Tough to beat a team 3 times in a row, so we would have been ready... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Go to the Big 1070 and listen to the "On Wisconsin" podcast from yesterday. It was on there. The first segment is all bb, the second segment is hockey. It was a little underwhelming, but it's not like it's an OT game winner to get into the ncaa's or to continue on in the ncaa's.
                        Thank you so much, you rock!!!

**It's after the 9 minute mark fyi for future listeners***

Comment

Originally posted by The-C2 View Post
                          Thank you so much, you rock!!!

**It's after the 9 minute mark fyi for future listeners***
                          If interested, here is the call of the whole 3rd P and OT.

http://www.thebig1070.com/media/podc...-per-24515273/

Fun starts at 21 minute mark.
                          Last edited by bucky15; 03-25-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Usually, the game highlights show up on the BIG TEN NETWORK youtube channel. The championship game highlights have yet to be put on it. Does anyone know where one could find the highlights of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                              Usually, the game highlights show up on the BIG TEN NETWORK youtube channel. The championship game highlights have yet to be put on it. Does anyone know where one could find the highlights of the game?
                              Here is the tv feed of individual highlights http://www.snappytv.com/landing/b1g-network?s=193457 You might have to scroll down on the page a bit to see the correct game highlights

EDIT: Actually this one should be better http://snpy.tv/1jhhN1X

I'm leaving the old link in case anyone wants to relive the Friday night glory against the goofs!

ALSO ASCENT Episode #2. This one is really good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAP...DvOvvADzEbrT0A
                              Last edited by The-C2; 03-25-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The-C2 View Post
                                ALSO ASCENT Episode #2. This one is really good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAP...DvOvvADzEbrT0A
                                That is sweet! Love the behind the scenes looks...
                                Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
                                Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
                                Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

Working...
                                X