#8 Wisconsin @ Ohio State, Feb 14 & 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #8 Wisconsin @ Ohio State, Feb 14 & 15

So it is Thursday, and that usually brings us to hockey talk in these threads. However, we had some of that earlier in the week, so here is this:

badger eating buckeye

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
      So it is Thursday, and that usually brings us to hockey talk in these threads. However, we had some of that earlier in the week, so here is this:
      Presumably Innova, that pic was taken sometime after this one:

Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
        You have nice ticket prices. I am going to Saturday's game. 19th row between red & blue line: $13.25.

Don't you refer to Michigan as "the state to the north"?
        Wow, they practically give the tickets away compared to UW. Is there free convenient parking around?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Wow, they practically give the tickets away compared to UW. Is there free convenient parking around?
          Yes parking is free

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            Yes parking is free
            UW could learn a few things from this. Parking around Kohl Center is neither convenient nor free.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              UW could learn a few things from this. Parking around Kohl Center is neither convenient nor free.
              Our parking is right by the arena with the small lot right against it for handicapped. I don't like the parking at Munn which has no close parking, even for handicapped.
              I was wondering, do you guys sell beer at your games in Kohl?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I was wondering, do you guys sell beer at your games in Kohl?
                No, we don't but there is heavy lobbying for it. Don't tell me you guys also serve beer?

Comment

No, we don't but there is heavy lobbying for it. Don't tell me you guys also serve beer?
                  Yes we do!
                  On the second level which is called the club level. Only stipulation is you can't take it off the club level so most just find an empty seat there and finish their beers so they don't miss any action.
                  Club level used to be admittance with ticket only but when Dave Steckel went to the NHL I think they realized how much beer sales revenue they lost with his dad not around anymore and made it an open level. LOL!

Comment

I realize there is plenty of controversy over parking and/or ticket $$, etc. at Wisconsin, but I would be surprised to find that Hockey at OSU is a revenue sport at this point.

In ticket sales alone, not including parking, concessions, luxury box fees, etc. Wisconsin will produce around $5 million more than OSU over 20 home dates. The fact that WI does produce revenue from Hockey, of course, helps to ensure Hockey's future at UW. Regardless, the economics, and even the logistics of crowd size in Hockey at WI vs. at OSU are pretty much apples and oranges.

Hopefully a big crowd of Buckeye's come in and have a great time (watching the Buckeyes lose, I mean) and decide to keep coming back for more B1G hockey.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Hopefully a big crowd of Buckeye's come in and have a great time (watching the Buckeyes lose, I mean) and decide to keep coming back for more B1G hockey.
                      Don't count your chickens. That was a solid win we posted in your barn!

Comment

Don't count your chickens. That was a solid win we posted in your barn!

Yes, congratulations, btw. However these games are at your place.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Yes, congratulations, btw. However these games are at your place.
                          Thanks you. But we're not too bad playing at home. You might have a chance but odds are not in your favor. After all, we have a Badger as coach! LOL!!

Comment

Good to see Badger fans attending! We also don't charge for parking at the game if you can believe it. That way you can save money for a beer at the game! LOL!
                            Yes, most Buckeye fans don't want to give ANY credit to "that state up north" but my father was from there so I can't be overly harsh about my roots.
                            I don't know if you've been to a game here before or not but every period when the announcer says 'One minute left in the period" all the Ohio State fans no matter who we're playing yell simultaneously "AND MICHIGAN STILL SU*KS!" The one hockey chant out there that's truly our own!
                            So how do we have a Badger living in Fairborn?
                            Moved here 2 yrs ago for my job. 20 year Badger hockey season ticket holder, so it has been nice watching games in Oxford and Columbus this season. I will be sitting with a few OSU fans.

Comment

I was shocked seeing that ticket price. Not to mention being able to buy those seats two weeks before the game.

Comment

Hopefully you'll find us more courteous than Miami's fans! We have some on forum who think we should have a much smaller hockey only arena so we have sellouts.
                                I like the idea of a arena large enough that if someone wants to take the kids to a game they can show up at game time and still get seats. Best entertainment in town for the price! Plus you get to see your team here NEWI, how great is that?
                                What section will you be in NEWI?
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-13-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X