Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
    The fans that have tickets to the U are almost all alumni that buy season tickets up before your average joes have a chance. The result is an atmosphere often made up of parents bringing their younger kids. The place gets loud when hated rivals are in town but you're right in saying that it's often not as loud as it should be with the amount of people that are there
    I have a feeling tonight will be a little better. Was a slightly different crowd there last night; I'm blaming V-Day.

But yes, the crowd isn't always as loud or vocal as many of us wish. Really big games/rivals and that changes, but last night was pretty subdued. Like I said, I think it will be better tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
      The fans that have tickets to the U are almost all alumni that buy season tickets up before your average joes have a chance. The result is an atmosphere often made up of parents bringing their younger kids. The place gets loud when hated rivals are in town but you're right in saying that it's often not as loud as it should be with the amount of people that are there
      I think part of your problem of crowd noise level is that the place is too big.

Less is more. Sometimes I couldn't hear myself think in Yost it was so loud. Notice how I used past tense since the atmosphere isn't the same as it was pre-renovation.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
        I dont remember did they lose 4- NOTHING against them as well? Guess that means your on a level playing field with your "rival" and the "team everyone thinks is your rival in hockey but isn't." I think the ScUM fans have stressed that enough.
        Trolling at 5:49 on a Saturday morning. Wow you MAC trash are dedicated to be totally useless....
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          I think part of your problem of crowd noise level is that the place is too big.

Less is more. Sometimes I couldn't hear myself think in Yost it was so loud. Notice how I used past tense since the atmosphere isn't the same as it was pre-renovation.
          You must also consider that the student population is maybe 1/4th of the size as it was. Thank Brandon for that. Sure I like Yost better with the old wooden benches but it was time to renovate.
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            Welp.

It's win tonight or curtains for the B1G Championship hopes barring minnesota ****ting their pants down the stretch.
            I wouldn't say curtains but HIGHLY UNLIKELY. I "think" that they'll come out motivated tonight. Do you think that we'll see 'vort in net tonight?
            Last edited by UMICH; 02-15-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Watching tonight's Gopher game here in Armpit, Florida on Fox Sports Detroit feed. I hope Michigan appreciates the musings of Doug McLeod as much as Minnie fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2dog View Post
                Watching tonight's Gopher game here in Armpit, Florida on Fox Sports Detroit feed. I hope Michigan appreciates the musings of Doug McLeod as much as Minnie fans do.
                Not really- he keeps calling us wolves- which are not exactly wolverienes. And his interpretation of the play is pretty homer. Not so bad for FSNorth, but when he called the MSU game on B1G- gotta remember this is a national audience.

Tolerable, I suppose.

Good thing the hockey that he's describing is really fun.

Comment

Class act you guys have there in Downing, Michigan fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
                    Class act you guys have there in Downing, Michigan fans.
                    Those in glass houses shouldn't allow their idiots to speak...

It was a penalty yes but not worthy of how the FSN moron described it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2dog View Post
                      Can't stand those guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post

I suppose last night (on the same ****ing guy) wasn't that bad either, eh?

Good cross check to the neck to top it off.

Lose with dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post

Really? How would you describe a cheap shot elbow to the head then?

edit: better or worse than the cross check to the throat after the whistle?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            Really? How would you describe a cheap shot elbow to the head then?
                            They acted like Downing was one of the Boston Marathon bombers. Homer, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
                              Lose with dignity.
                              We can, you can't win with class...

Comment

Sweep sweep sweep the Fugly Helmets.

Fun hockey this weekend. Too bad Michigan has got some sore losers who like to lay dirty hits on the top players. Wasn't it Michigan who checked a Spartan player after a goal? Clean up your ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X