PDA

View Full Version : tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Biddco
02-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Since these two teams last met (a SCSU sweep) UMD is 7-2-3 and SCSU is 4-5-1. UMD has been playing good defense and are getting good goaltending while SCSU has been struggling with goaltending and defense.

I'm looking forward to Buffaloes and some Val's as usual. Should be some fun hockey and I'd be very happy with a split

The Rube
02-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Heh, coincidentally, I happen to be wearing my tUMD tPB Boston F4 shirt today. Although this thread isn't the same without NSSHG and beersong. :(

5mn_Major
02-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Love it. A SCSU/UMD thread and MN posters are two of the first three.

Lady wore Black
02-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Love how the red angry face turned into a bright smiley face.

First Time, Long Time
02-09-2014, 10:17 AM
D and goaltending were much improved against Denver.
Hope Benik will be back.

Biddco
02-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Love how the red angry face turned into a bright smiley face.

I like to mix it up with the faces. Plus I knew at least one SCSU fan would comment.

Would the UMTC fans GET OUT OF THREAD!!!!1

section16rowA
02-09-2014, 01:25 PM
and I'd be very happy with a split

Biddy, that is a very Dahlicious comment:D. Good thing is games will be on SCSU sports channel in Duluth which means I don't have to go to St. Cloud. Bad thing is listening to Jim Rich scream the play by play LaPanta style. Duluth had to suffer with Rich in the 80s, now he's the Granite City's treasure.....:rolleyes:

Biddco
02-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Biddy, that is a very Dahlicious comment:D. Good thing is games will be on SCSU sports channel in Duluth which means I don't have to go to St. Cloud. Bad thing is listening to Jim Rich scream the play by play LaPanta style. Duluth had to suffer with Rich in the 80s, now he's the Granite City's treasure.....:rolleyes:

What's wrong with Jim Rich? I'd rather have him than Tom Hansen or Dan Teraar.

DropPass
02-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Is it still 80's weekend in St. Cloud? I can't afford a new polaris jacket.

Dude Love
02-09-2014, 08:44 PM

Careful. Duluth is just a trip across the bridge from being a bunch of dirty Yoopers. :D

And Terhaar is like Doc Emrick compared to Jim Rich. New Jim Rich drinking game: take a shot every time he says "Daniel Tedesco" wrong.

Biddco
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Careful. Duluth is just a trip across the bridge from being a bunch of dirty Yoopers. :D

And Terhaar is like Doc Emrick compared to Jim Rich. New Jim Rich drinking game: take a shot every time he says "Daniel Tedesco" wrong.

Although come to think of it...I've never actually listened to a game called by Jim Rich. Judging by what I've seen in his local tv work...I like him.

SCSU Euro
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
What's wrong with Dan Terhaar?

And for intentionally leaving off the :mad:, the college hockey gods will punish you. You better sacrifice something like your scarf... or RwD...

scsutommyboy
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
What's wrong with Dan Terhaar?

And for intentionally leaving off the :mad:, the college hockey gods will punish you. You better sacrifice something like your scarf... or RwD...

Jim Rich is awful and I would much rather they have a college student do it like when I was in school. As for Terhar he is better than lyon's, but they should have hired Fisch for that job.

Tipsy McStagger
02-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Jim Rich is awful and I would much rather they have a college student do it like when I was in school. As for Terhar he is better than lyon's, but they should have hired Fisch for that job.

That is crazy talk. Most of the students stink. This year more than most. There is a reason they went with professionals. Aside from Zack Fisch, name one student that did a good job.

I think Jim Rich does a pretty good job, and Mark Parrish is a great addition. Even though he is a little goofy, he is much better than the snoozefest of Tom Saterdalen and I think his success at SCSU and in the NHL gives a bit of cachet to the broadcast.

Terhaar is the best play-by-play man I have heard at SCSU. Rob Hudson was a little more homerish and had more fun, but Terhaar is more professional. He was great doing the TV games before he left for the Wild.

A lot of this is probably "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. Look at Minnesota. I remember everyone wanting Mazzocco gone, myself included. Then they replaced him with LaPanta, and it was like "bring back Frank Mazzocco!"

Map Man
02-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Personally I think Dan Terhaar and Jim Rich have been positive additions. Rich and Parrish has a bit of chemistry. Also the SCSU Sports network is great. Hopefully they will reach Dish Network and DirectTV soon. I do appreciate they remain giving students opportunities with the broadcast.

Map Man
02-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Back to the thread and rivalry against the Dawgs. I predict win and shoot out loss for the Huskies this weekend. I think the Huskies of 0-5 in the shoot out this year.

The Exiled One
02-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Back to the thread and rivalry against the Dawgs. I predict win and shoot out loss for the Huskies this weekend. I think the Huskies of 0-5 in the shoot out this year.
Like the Wild's Backstrom, Faragher is not a very good shootout goalie. Even so, the Huskies could still do better on the shooting end. Brodzinski tends to make his shots, but I almost think he should lead off shootouts with a gigantic slapper just to shake the goalie a bit. Whether he makes it or not, it could help the guys that follow him. Thoughts?

SCSU Euro
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM

I saw more Polaris jackets in Duluth in December than any weekend I have ever been in St. Cloud

Biddco
02-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I saw more Polaris jackets in Duluth in December than any weekend I have ever been in St. Cloud

That's because St. Cloud was in town and people from Superior.

First Time, Long Time
02-10-2014, 03:43 PM
That's because St. Cloud was in town and people from Superior.

Sure it was...