tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

I don't see how either team benefits a whole lot this weekend unless someone sweeps.

UNO fans praying for status quo split. Better, still, 2 ties with a shootout split.

One can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
      I'm always a little surprised to see how hum-drum Leitza's stats were. He SEEMED so good. I will say that it seemed to me that he was often truly carrying the team those for years and would simply wear down by the end of the year and that would really hurt his stats. Those were the worst of the swoon seasons too, so the team started playing really poorly in front of him late in the season.
      I recall Leitza getting lit up like 8 or 9-1 but I don't remember if it was the D or if he was having a bad game. I do remember him getting really upset after 4 or 5 goals and that probably threw him off- he was pretty emotional about it - probably was left out to dry. Dahl just left him in from what I remember. I found a score of 9-1 by CC against us Feb 25, 1996 but I couldn't find a box score anywhere to verify it was him though. I just remember the game and the feeling it was one of the lowest Husky moments that I can recall. CC went on to get 2nd in the NCAA's that year and we were 13-22 or something like that, 3rd from the bottom of the WCHA when I looked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
        Sadly, we can't fight about this, either. Because deep down both fanbases know that UND being in first is the worst thing. Duluth is just a close second.
        True. Except for the UMD part. That is the best.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
          I recall Leitza getting lit up like 8 or 9-1 but I don't remember if it was the D or if he was having a bad game. I do remember him getting really upset after 4 or 5 goals and that probably threw him off- he was pretty emotional about it - probably was left out to dry. Dahl just left him in from what I remember. I found a score of 9-1 by CC against us Feb 25, 1996 but I couldn't find a box score anywhere to verify it was him though. I just remember the game and the feeling it was one of the lowest Husky moments that I can recall. CC went on to get 2nd in the NCAA's that year and we were 13-22 or something like that, 3rd from the bottom of the WCHA when I looked it up.
          '96 would have been a pretty down year for the Huskies. Cullen and Parrish were just freshmen, Lietza was a sophomore. He did much better his senior year. His .910 WCHA save percentage was second only to Goehring's .913. Scoring was much higher across the league back then.
          scsuhockey.com
          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
            I'm always a little surprised to see how hum-drum Leitza's stats were. He SEEMED so good. I will say that it seemed to me that he was often truly carrying the team those for years and would simply wear down by the end of the year and that would really hurt his stats. Those were the worst of the swoon seasons too, so the team started playing really poorly in front of him late in the season.
            You wanna REALLY be shocked by someone's stats? Look up Joe Namath's

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            I don't see how either team benefits a whole lot this weekend unless someone sweeps.

UNO fans praying for status quo split. Better, still, 2 ties with a shootout split.

One can dream.
            That would require us to win a shootout. Keep dreamin'
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Wow, page 2 on Game Day. All Jan fans must be out sledding....
              tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

I'm too excited about Val's and Buffaloes to post
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                  Wow, page 2 on Game Day. All Jan fans must be out sledding....
                  Actually, playing hockey over lunch... do you think we can get Tom Chorske and RWD to do color commentary this weekend?
                  Last edited by hockeykrazy; 02-14-2014, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I'm too excited about Val's and Buffaloes to post
                    I think you are the only person on earth that is excited to go to St. Cloud.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                      That's true...but only because those two things are the only good things about that whole city. Much like St. Cloud itself...they are really bad for you.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                        I was excited to go to St. Cloud for Trivia Weekend last weekend Also, if you're willing to drop $30-$40 on one meal, Anton's is very good.
                        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          That's true...but only because those two things are the only good things about that whole city. Much like St. Cloud itself...they are really bad for you.
                          Crafts Direct vs my wallet.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                            Actually, playing hockey over lunch... do you think we can get Tom Chorske and RWD to do color commentary this weekend?
                            The chance of that happening is about as good as Richie Incognito and Jonathon Martin getting together at Anton's for dinner.
                            tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

What channels should I be searching for these games in the Cities?

If it makes a difference, in Maplewood and Inver Grove Heights
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                What channels should I be searching for these games in the Cities?

If it makes a difference, in Maplewood and Inver Grove Heights
                                Do you have Comcast? If so, 999.

Comment

Working...
                                X