Hamilton Conspiracy Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Conspiracy Theory

The mens hockey team is mired in another losing season. Only 4 wins this yr, 6 last yr, and 8 yr before.
    Now that would be enough for most people to think there might be a coaching change coming. However,
    in this day and age of conspiracy theories, Benghazi, NSA, etc., maybe there is something else going on at the little
    Nesi on the Hill.

Perhaps the AD likes athletic failure. He seems to promote it. Maybe the athletes are invited to attend this liberal gem but they want to keep them in their place. Look at the facts:
    Mens baseball - last place, basketball 6th, football 9th, lacrosse 7th, soccer 8th, womens basketball 8th, lacrosse 6th, soccer last, hockey last, field hockey last, volleyball last.
    Is there a trend happening here or is John Hind the AD striving for crap. The real question is how does an AD like this keep HIS job.

Re: Hamilton Conspiracy Theory

The Mark of Cane??
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by nasa69 View Post
      The mens hockey team is mired in another losing season. Only 4 wins this yr, 6 last yr, and 8 yr before.
      Now that would be enough for most people to think there might be a coaching change coming. However,
      in this day and age of conspiracy theories, Benghazi, NSA, etc., maybe there is something else going on at the little
      Nesi on the Hill.

Perhaps the AD likes athletic failure. He seems to promote it. Maybe the athletes are invited to attend this liberal gem but they want to keep them in their place. Look at the facts:
      Mens baseball - last place, basketball 6th, football 9th, lacrosse 7th, soccer 8th, womens basketball 8th, lacrosse 6th, soccer last, hockey last, field hockey last, volleyball last.
      Is there a trend happening here or is John Hind the AD striving for crap. .
      Bingo. We have a winner.

Comment

Grow corn, get corn. Mediocrity begets mediocrity. The academic excellence line will only get you so far with athletes who want to be challenged in both mind and body. Too bad for the hockey program when Norm Bazin went to D1...had something going there for the short time he was on campus. Rob Haberbusch came from Army, another program with limited recruiting options to get top-flight athletes who are above-average students, so it is not foreign to him. The football program has had 100-years of sub-500 seasons and is clearly not a priority with the Athletic Department. It's all about commitment and the Continental brass appears to lack the same across the board with all sports. Shame.

Comment

FYP
          Originally posted by joecct View Post
          The Mark of Cain??
          Always seemed strange to me that a NESCAC team would be physically situated so far from the New England Mental Meccas. Similar (geographically) to the Alabama-Hunstville situation, and we know how that experiment is faring. Doesn't every division need its Buffalo Bills on which to count two victories each season?

Comment

It is Aaron Burr's fault.
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
              FYPAlways seemed strange to me that a NESCAC team would be physically situated so far from the New England Mental Meccas. Similar (geographically) to the Alabama-Hunstville situation, and we know how that experiment is faring. Doesn't every division need its Buffalo Bills on which to count two victories each season?
              No, the Mark of Cane was intentional and correct. Any Hamilton grad (of which I am not) would get the reference.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just throwing this in there as a little what if,

I wonder where both the Hamilton Program and he would be if they had Hired Brian Grady as heir apparent to his father. For as much as Morrisville lacked success in the SUNYAC under Grady that team was always good for one or two great upset wins a year. And I wonder if Grady would have burned out as quickly if he was trying to preserve what his father built (hell to be honest it very well might have burned him out quicker). Just some wild speculation though.

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                  Just throwing this in there as a little what if,

I wonder where both the Hamilton Program and he would be if they had Hired Brian Grady as heir apparent to his father. For as much as Morrisville lacked success in the SUNYAC under Grady that team was always good for one or two great upset wins a year. And I wonder if Grady would have burned out as quickly if he was trying to preserve what his father built (hell to be honest it very well might have burned him out quicker). Just some wild speculation though.
                  Hind took the easy way out with his last selection. First, he selected his coach very late in the summer. He did the same thing when Grady left and he chose Bazin. It worked with Bazin but it put him in a corner with candidates available. Though he said he would interview 8 candidates, he never did.

It is not for lack of money that Hamilton hasn't had success. They spend more on mens ice hockey than any other Nescsac program: $168,000 per year compared to Amherst and Middlebury about $125,000 and Williams $129,000. There coaches on average make more than the avg. Nescac coaches as well. But that's the Hamilton way. Just throw money at it. Joan Hinde the President of the school makes $750,000 a year for managing a 1800 student school while most Nescac school presidents make less. In fact she makes a similar amount to the President of Notre Dame.

Hamilton must just feel justified that they throw money at the problem and don't really do anything to make the 33% of the student population (athletes) satisfied with the athletic experience.

Comment

Hind took the easy way out with his last selection. First, he selected his coach very late in the summer. He did the same thing when Grady left and he chose Bazin. It worked with Bazin but it put him in a corner with candidates available. Though he said he would interview 8 candidates, he never did.

It is not for lack of money that Hamilton hasn't had success. They spend more on mens ice hockey than any other Nescsac program: $168,000 per year compared to Amherst and Middlebury about $125,000 and Williams $129,000. There coaches on average make more than the avg. Nescac coaches as well. But that's the Hamilton way. Just throw money at it. Joan Hinde the President of the school makes $750,000 a year for managing a 1800 student school while most Nescac school presidents make less. In fact she makes a similar amount to the President of Notre Dame.

Hamilton must just feel justified that they throw money at the problem and don't really do anything to make the 33% of the student population (athletes) satisfied with the athletic experience.
                    How true. If you want proof just look at how much money they put into the rebuild of their rink. I heard it was over 7 figures and all they got was new ice, a score board , and a paint job (some would say a snow job). Not a good seat in the house if you came to watch a hockey game, no place to even get a cup of coffee. They did however spend a lot of money on it. When I was young the Saturday afternoon game, usually at 3:00, was worth a trip up the hill. Now the only time I see them play is when they play UC at the Aud. Such a waste of time and money that will only result in good athletes that want to excell at their sport going elsewhere. The Hoogies just don't get it anymore.

Comment

In another act of brilliance, the AD appointed Jon Hind as the acting head of football. Wait a second....Jon Hind is the AD. What does he know about coaching? Well he was the coach of the year. Oh wait a second... that was lacrosse. Lacrosse / Football, whats the difference. I am sure Belichick might pick up lax when he is done with the Pats.

When did Hind win COY? Oh 1998. Wasn't that the twentieth century? And when was the last time he coached you say? 1999.

After having miserable failures as coaches in a sport the alumni see as vital, JH is going to take the reins himself because he has the time. Plenty of time if you there are no benchmarks required in your profession. Maybe JH will stand behind the bench when this disastrous hockey season is over as well. Doesn't matter if he can skate or not...its just like lacrosse.

Comment

In another act of brilliance, the AD appointed Jon Hind as the acting head of football. Wait a second....Jon Hind is the AD. What does he know about coaching? Well he was the coach of the year. Oh wait a second... that was lacrosse. Lacrosse / Football, whats the difference. I am sure Belichick might pick up lax when he is done with the Pats.
                        Did you know Belichick's daughter was an assistant coach for women's lacrosse at Cortland?

So, I guess you're right ... in a roundabout sort of way ...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Did you know Belichick's daughter was an assistant coach for women's lacrosse at Cortland?

He was captain of his lacrosse team at Wesleyan too
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I believe she's now the head coach of women's lacrosse at Wesleyan - Alma Mater of both her and her father, where they both captained their respective varsity lacrosse teams...
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              I believe she's now the head coach of women's lacrosse at Wesleyan - Alma Mater of both her and her father, where they both captained their respective varsity lacrosse teams...
                              And I just don't know if Jon Hind has a daughter well schooled in coaching to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X