PDA

View Full Version : _____ CC vs UMD--Fill in the Blank

DropPass
02-04-2014, 06:13 PM
UMD comes off a sweep of WMU, while CC sat at home a rolled a big one.

UMD needs points and pairwise love. CC needs more pot to go with their cool sunglasses.

HoosierPioneer
02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
CC needs more:

-Defense
-Scoring
-Goaltending
-Power Play Production
-Penalty Kill
-Talent
-Coaching
-Recruiting
-Wins
-Ties
-Championships

Probably a couple things here or there that I forgot, too. But other than that, they're in great shape. :D

Biddco
02-04-2014, 09:02 PM
What happened to the team that almost won the Final Five? They haven't won a game away from World Arena since then (One of their few wins is against UMD). If UMD doesn anything less than sweep Ill be disapointing. UMD finds a way to not take care of weaker competition but with the way this team has been playing lets hope its not this season.

Tipsy McStagger
02-05-2014, 08:52 AM
What happened to the team that almost won the Final Five?
They lost all their good players except Krushenylski.

Biddco
02-05-2014, 09:03 AM
They lost all their good players except Krushenylski.

And Wild draft pick Gustav Olofsson!

Biddco
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
The answer to my question lies here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imcVuIReYck&feature=youtu.be

DropPass
02-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Some random ramblings.

I figure, based on little thought and no math, that UMD can loose 3 or 4 games and still make the NCAA's. Not a lot of room for error. There is a good chance that there will be two are three auto bids (WCHA, NCHC and the usual).

If the NCAA's don't happen it wont be too big of a disappointment, I never expected it going into the season. This team is good enough and would like to see it happen for them.

Also, what is up with the NCHC asking $130 bucks for tickets to the Target Center? That is just nuts. Maybe if they were at the X.

burbstyle
02-07-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm with Biddco here, sweep is a must. Team is off to a great start in the 2nd half and there is no reason it shouldn't continue at home against a team that is having a down year (to say the least). However, Bulldog teams of old have me thinking the team will come out flat one of the nights and end up with a split. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

DropPass: How is $130 for 4 games unreasonable? That's $32.50/ticket for post-season games. A little on the high side but I wouldn't call it unreasonable simply due to the venue.

tUMDAlum
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm with Biddco here, sweep is a must. Team is off to a great start in the 2nd half and there is no reason it shouldn't continue at home against a team that is having a down year (to say the least). However, Bulldog teams of old have me thinking the team will come out flat one of the nights and end up with a split. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

DropPass: How is $130 for 4 games unreasonable? That's $32.50/ticket for post-season games. A little on the high side but I wouldn't call it unreasonable simply due to the venue.

$130 is steep. Final 5 is $95 and that seems reasonable. Big Ten is $130, in the Excel, with the likely scenario that Wisconsin and the Gophers are in it. At $130, with North Dakota the only likely large fan base - it is a stretch. They need to capture the casual hockey fan who isn't necessarily following their team and at $130 they are missing them.

DropPass
02-07-2014, 07:21 PM

Maybe unreasonable isn't the word, but it seems steep for what it is.

The NCHC is asking for almost money as much as the old final five was. The final five had the X, usually good teams and rivals, and all the non-hockey stuff. It has been about 15 years since I have been to the Target Center for hockey, or any reason at that. Maybe they have renovated, and maybe the sight lines aren't as bad as I remember, but it was not a good hockey environment.

The prices probably makes sense from the NCHC's point of view. The hockey junkies will go no matter what, the groupies will show up if their team makes it, and the poor people will listen on the radio.

Maybe I am wrong and it will be a blast.

Wisko McBadgerton
02-07-2014, 08:02 PM
What happened to the team that almost won the Final Five?

Even the Guy who wanted to FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!! gave up.

Or mellowed out.

Biddco
02-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Even the Guy who wanted to FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!! gave up.

Or mellowed out.I think he'd be thrilled with last nights outcome. Or enraged? Where is that DU...I mean CC Fan?

Disappointing game where hte puck luck didn't go UMD's way. Thorimbert played really well and kept CC in the game. Glad we won the shootout and got the points but we better win tomorrow...our PWR cannot take a loss. That would be killer.

section16rowA
02-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Attended this game and tUMD dominated the 5 on 5 play as indicated by the 52 SOG. Tonitnato had several great chances to score but could not finish. Defensively, the team was great only allowing 22 SOG, but the offense, especially the PP, has to get going. Not sure why this team plays so great on the road and just average at home. Another personal request would be to score some goals at the end where my seats are....:D

UMDbulldogs#1
02-08-2014, 12:10 PM
$130 is steep. Final 5 is $95 and that seems reasonable. Big Ten is $130, in the Excel, with the likely scenario that Wisconsin and the Gophers are in it. At $130, with North Dakota the only likely large fan base - it is a stretch. They need to capture the casual hockey fan who isn't necessarily following their team and at $130 they are missing them.

That does seem a bit steep considering half the conference is notorious for not traveling well.

ronmexico
02-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I think he'd be thrilled with last nights outcome. Or enraged? Where is that DU...I mean CC Fan?

Don't worry. We are here...lurking...watching...waiting...

DropPass
02-09-2014, 08:15 AM
We can't take stupid penalties and miss shots when we have the goalie beat.

5 points helped, but I think that tie hurt the PairWise. The next two weekends will pretty much decide our post season plans. We need to beat good teams in big situations, and that is the way it should be.

burbstyle
02-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Maybe unreasonable isn't the word, but it seems steep for what it is.

The NCHC is asking for almost money as much as the old final five was. The final five had the X, usually good teams and rivals, and all the non-hockey stuff. It has been about 15 years since I have been to the Target Center for hockey, or any reason at that. Maybe they have renovated, and maybe the sight lines aren't as bad as I remember, but it was not a good hockey environment.

The prices probably makes sense from the NCHC's point of view. The hockey junkies will go no matter what, the groupies will show up if their team makes it, and the poor people will listen on the radio.

Maybe I am wrong and it will be a blast.

Did you expect them to be significantly cheaper than the Final Five was? The conference has been billing itself as being a big deal, so I didn't expect the prices to be any cheaper. Look around the league at ticket prices and it seems a little more reasonable, UMD even charges $30 now for the "premium" home games (which is a steal when you compare to UND). That pricing is a little high but I would be they will adjust if attendance isn't what they thought it would be.

I am satisfied with the outcome of the series, but would have preferred the real sweep. The next two weekends will be very tough and we need all of the points we can get.

Biddco
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Disappointing weekend with a tie in all but they got the win and that will help in the PWR. Plus we did get 5/6 points and are in the cluster**** that is I discovered why CC is struggling this year...those ugly jerseys they wore on Saturday...The CC logo on the front is fine but the gold color under the pits is bad. CC definitely didn't quit playing hard the whole weekend...they just cannot score. Who would have thought that two months ago this team would be in 2nd place. Yet one week can easily put you out of home ice.