Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 2/6 & 2/7

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Also: Barry hates hockey, so we have to put up with this Thursday ****.

(Honestly: the only other KC event I see this weekend is a Sunday men's bouncyball game against MSU). Unless the overtime cost to do the conversion from hockey to basketball is really high, I don't know how to explain the Th - F series.)
    I assume it is for the Big Ten Channel, but has the secondary bonus of keeping more of the buck tooth rodent fans away.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      I assume it is for the Big Ten Channel, but has the secondary bonus of keeping more ticket buying fans away.
      fyp

Lord knows the BADgers don't want any fans in the arena to watch them get thumped again.

Comment

I hope the badgers get Kerdiles and Barnes back for this series. Should be a dandy either way.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          And if you reread your post genius, you'll find there's at least 3 personalities speaking, all of which could use extensive therapy.
          I never knew my real father, but apparently he was a war hero. Saved his entire platoon by wristing a live grenade high stick-side back into a VC bunker with a piece of bent bamboo back in '68. Despite having NHL level chops, he never came home.

Eventually Mom remarried a guy from Bloomington who came to town to manage the local Prange's store. He liked to fish, and in winter he'd usually invite his buddies over from the Twin Cities to go with him. It's a long time ago now, but I mostly remember Saturday mornings getting my gear and heading out to our local pond rink only to find it covered with Minnesota ice-holes.

Oh. I forgot to mention -- Mom was hot.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            I assume it is for the Big Ten Channel, but has the secondary bonus of keeping more of the buck tooth rodent fans away.
            Yeah, why sell full price admission to the visitors when you can beg and plead with the locals to buy the same ticket for $5?

Comment

Read that the UMN is busing students to the games this weekend. Should be a good atmosphere at the games this weekend (err.... Mid-Week-end).
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I saw that Steve.

Just keep hitting keys. If monkeys can write Shakespeare I assume even a goofer can eventually have the same luck with a simple post.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I figured we would see Gurt and his "artwork" in this thread by now, must be working on a masterpiece.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    I never knew my real father, but apparently he was a war hero. Saved his entire platoon by wristing a live grenade high stick-side back into a VC bunker with a piece of bent bamboo back in '68. Despite having NHL level chops, he never came home.

Eventually Mom remarried a guy from Bloomington who came to town to manage the local Prange's store. He liked to fish, and in winter he'd usually invite his buddies over from the Twin Cities to go with him. It's a long time ago now, but I mostly remember Saturday mornings getting my gear and heading out to our local pond rink only to find it covered with Minnesota ice-holes.

Oh. I forgot to mention -- Mom was hot.
                    She must have been hot.

Clearly too hot for a Wisconsinite.

Sounds like fond memories indeed.

Minnesotans playing hockey in Wisconsin.

Doing for Wisconsin that which Wisconsin is unable to do for itself.

Some things never change.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      I figured we would see Gurt and his "artwork" in this thread by now, must be working on a masterpiece.
                      I kinda wish he'd show up and put Wisko out of his misery. Wisko is trying to play the role of Gurt, but really he is just coming off as mentally challenged. At least Gurt is clever.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Also: Barry hates hockey, so we have to put up with this Thursday ****.

(Honestly: the only other KC event I see this weekend is a Sunday men's bouncyball game against MSU). Unless the overtime cost to do the conversion from hockey to basketball is really high, I don't know how to explain the Th - F series.)
                        Not to excuse this abnormal schedule, but I believe the master B1G hockey plan was to make every team play one weird series, Thurs-Fri, Sun-Mon, etc. This is our turn for that. As to overtime for conversions, that was my job back around the turn of the century. A lot of nights, it took until 1 or 2am to finish, but alas it was your standard student job with no overtime.
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          I kinda wish he'd show up and put Wisko out of his misery. Wisko is trying to play the role of Gurt, but really he is just coming off as mentally challenged. At least Gurt is clever.
                          Coming off as?
                          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

I admit it's difficult to entertain you guys down on your level. But let me try to summarize your collective thoughts:

"We want more funy pitchurs!"

Does that about cover it?
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                              Coming off as?
                              Good point.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                I admit it's difficult to entertain you guys down on your level. But let me try to summarize your collective thoughts:

"We want more funy pitchurs!"

Does that about cover it?
                                At least that is more entertaining than your stories.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X